Python 2 Developer in West Jordan, UT, United States
Member since October 22, 2018
Alex is passionate about creating solutions that help people reach their goals and significantly make things in their lives easier. A love of learning and technology has led Alex to work on some amazing projects with equally fantastic people. He's driven by the desire to better people's lives and profit in the service of many people.
Lead Developer2015 - PRESENTMore Empowered, Inc.
- Supported many businesses in developing software solutions for their businesses. This is a consulting business that focuses on technology and business coaching development.
- Created a mobile app design for hybrid apps on iOS and Android.
- Set up a simple website for a small business.
- Implemented a Facebook page and integrated the Facebook API for websites and mobile apps.
- Created business plans and also managed them.
Senior DevOps Engineer2018 - 2018Medici Ventures, Inc.
Technologies: Python, Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, TerraForm, HashiCorp, Vault, Java, PostgreSQL
- Supported the back-end development team in packaging and deploying the microservices to the Google cloud using GitLab, Artifactory, Helm, Vault, and TerraForm.
- Architected the Kubernetes environments for testing staging and production.
- Architected the CI/CD pipelines using GitLab and Helm.
- Deployed Rancher, LDAP, and Vault servers for the management of developer access.
- Deployed and managed Google cloud services for GKE, firewalls, SAML-auth, Cloud SQL, and more.
Senior DevOps Engineer2016 - 2018Sling TV Dish Network
Technologies: SaltStack, Python, Django, Go, Helm, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Artifactory
- Supported multiple development teams as part of a DevOps and Cloud Native team.
- Deployed and managed the Atlassian Suite of tools and build services for project management, builds, and release (such as JIRA, Bitbucket, HipChat, Bamboo, Artifactory, and Jenkins).
- Developed CI/CD pipelines.
- Constructed multiple TerraForm deployment plans. These plans were used for both deployment of servers and load testing by scaling services up and down.
- Developed one-click deployment of Kubernetes environments and Rancher 1.0 servers to VMware and AWS.
- Developed and managed internal VM requests and deployments.
- Wrote SaltStack formulas for the configuration management and provisioning of thousands of servers.
DevOps Build and Release Engineer2015 - 2016Storagecraft Technology Corporation
Technologies: Python, CMake, C/C++, Linux and Windows Server Management, Qt, SaltStack
- Developed SaltStack formulas and plans.
- Managed build servers using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Implemented package management for Windows, CentOS, and Ubuntu packages.
- Crafted CMake build plans.
- Managed the Atlassian stack of tools including JIRA, Bamboo, HipChat, and Bitbucket self-hosted services.
- Managed VMware ESXi services.
FrameworksIonic 3, Angular, Django, Spring Boot, Qt
Libraries/APIsJira REST API, jQuery, Google Cloud API, React, Facebook SDK
ToolsSaltStack, Terraform, Vagrant, CMake, Jira, Artifactory, Git, Git Flow, GitHub, GitLab CI/CD, Bitbucket, Bamboo, VMware, Cordova Plugins, NPM, Subversion (SVN), RabbitMQ, HashiCorp, HipChat
ParadigmsAgile, DevOps, Concurrent Programming
PlatformsKubernetes, AWS EC2, Rancher, Linux, Docker, WordPress, Google Cloud SDK, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda
StorageFirebase Realtime Database, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud SQL, AWS S3, MongoDB
OtherGoogle Cloud Functions, Debian Packaging, Firebase Hosting, Firewalls, RPM Packaging, Scalable Architecture, Processing & Threading, Linux Kernel Modules, SAML-auth, Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering2005 - 2012University of Utah - Salt Lake City, UT, USA