Alex is passionate about creating solutions that help people reach their goals and significantly make things in their lives easier. A love of learning and technology has led Alex to work on amazing projects with equally fantastic people. He's driven by the desire to better people's lives and profit in the service of many people.
ExperienceAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 6 yearsGit - 6 yearsLinux - 6 yearsAgile - 6 yearsPython 3 - 5 yearsGoogle Cloud - 4 yearsKubernetes - 3 yearsTerraform - 2 years
Git, MacOS, Linux, Atom, Emacs
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed were highly automated software pipelines for Kubernetes and VMware to support thousands of servers.
Principal DevOps Cloud Engineer and Team Lead
- Set up and maintained cloud infrastructure using Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Built automation using GitLab pipelines, Github, and AWS.
- Integrated Atlassian Jira and Artifactory with Gitlab pipelines.
More Empowered, Inc.
- Supported many businesses in the development of software solutions for their businesses. This is a consulting business that focuses on technology and business coaching development.
- Created a mobile app design for hybrid apps on iOS and Android.
- Set up a simple website for a small business.
- Implemented a Facebook page and integrated the Facebook API for websites and mobile apps.
- Created business plans and also managed them.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Supported a team with Python deployments via Docker.
- Implemented ECS clusters for deployment scalability.
- Used AWS lambda services for automation and transformation of data.
- Supported build and deployment pipeline with CI/CD in CloudBees Jenkins.
- Maintained and deployed infrastructure using Terraform.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Medici Ventures, Inc.
- Supported the back-end development team in packaging and deploying the microservices to the Google cloud using GitLab, Artifactory, Helm, Vault, and Terraform.
- Architected the Kubernetes environments for testing staging and production.
- Architected the CI/CD pipelines using GitLab and Helm.
- Deployed Rancher, LDAP, and Vault servers for the management of developer access.
- Deployed and managed Google cloud services for GKE, firewalls, SAML-auth, Cloud SQL, and more.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Sling TV Dish Network
- Supported multiple development teams as part of a DevOps and Cloud-Native team.
- Deployed and managed the Atlassian Suite of tools and build services for project management, builds, and releases (such as Jira, Bitbucket, HipChat, Bamboo, Artifactory, and Jenkins).
- Developed CI/CD pipelines.
- Constructed multiple TerraForm deployment plans. These plans were used for both deployment of servers and load testing by scaling services up and down.
- Developed one-click deployment of Kubernetes environments and Rancher 1.0 servers to VMware and AWS.
- Developed and managed internal VM requests and deployments.
- Wrote SaltStack formulas for the configuration management and provisioning of thousands of servers.
DevOps Build and Release Engineer
Storagecraft Technology Corporation
- Developed SaltStack formulas and plans.
- Managed build servers using Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Implemented package management for Windows, CentOS, and Ubuntu packages.
- Crafted CMake build plans.
- Oversaw the Atlassian stack of tools including Jira, Bamboo, HipChat, and Bitbucket self-hosted services.
- Managed VMware ESXi services.
Ionic 3, Angular, Django, Ionic, Spring Boot, Qt
Jira REST API, jQuery, Google Cloud API, React, Facebook SDK, Terragrunt
AWS IAM, SaltStack, Terraform, Vagrant, CMake, Jira, Artifactory, Git, GitHub, GitLab CI/CD, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), VMware, Cordova Plugins, NPM, Subversion (SVN), HashiCorp, Emacs, Atom, Vault, Helm, Jenkins, RabbitMQ, HipChat, GitLab
Agile, DevOps, Mobile Development, Concurrent Programming
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Amazon EC2, Rancher, Linux, Docker, WordPress, Google Cloud SDK, AWS Lambda, MacOS, Android, iOS, Windows Server, AWS Elastic Beanstalk
Firebase Realtime Database, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud, MongoDB
Google Cloud Functions, Debian Packaging, GitFlow, Google, Firebase Hosting, Firewalls, RPM Packaging, Scalable Architecture, Processing & Threading, Linux Kernel Modules, SAML-auth, Cloud, Electrical Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Utah - Salt Lake City, UT, USA