Verified Expert in Engineering
Amaury is a certified senior Toptal blockchain engineer working as a protocol developer on the Cosmos SDK. Previously, he spent three years focusing on core development on Polkadot, Substrate, and Ethereum. Amaury is interested in entrepreneurship and has worked for startups of various sizes. In his spare time, he is interested in multiple subjects, such as mathematics, history, and philosophy.
Blockchain, Parity Polkadot, Cosmos, Ethereum
The most amazing...
...project I've built was a mobile app that got featured on NBC and BBC with 100,000+ users. It was built in one weekend!
Senior Blockchain Engineer | Cosmos Core Developer
Regen Network (Cosmos SDK Team)
- Played a key role in driving the ongoing evolution of the Cosmos blockchain ecosystem by developing the Cosmos SDK, consistently placing among the top three most active contributors throughout my tenure.
- Spearheaded the end-to-end design and implementation of critical Cosmos protocol upgrades, such as SIGN_MODE_TEXTUAL, resulting in a significant enhancement of hardware wallet UX and security.
- Architected and implemented significant upgrades to the Cosmos SDK, such as introducing Protobuf as the default encoding while maintaining backward compatibility.
- Conducted educational workshops, tutorials, and webinars to empower developers and the broader community with insights into the Cosmos SDK and its capabilities.
- Actively engaged in on-chain governance, contributing to and voting on critical network upgrades and decisions that shape the future of the Cosmos ecosystem.
- Headed the development of a proof-of-concept crypto wallet running a Polkadot light client in WebAssembly inside the browser.
- Refactored Polkadot.js (100,000 lines of code), the official TypeScript SDK on top of Polkadot and Substrate, into a more modular architecture with dynamically-generated TypeScript typings.
- Created and launched Fether, the first Ethereum wallet on top of a light client, totaling 5,000 downloads after one year.
- Designed and completed Light.js, a high-level reactive library optimized for light clients and an alternative to Web3.js.
- Presented talks about Web3.js, DApp development, and light clients.
- Cooperated with security firms on auditing the Polkadot.js codebase.
- Integrated the low-level in-house codec, SCALE codec, into the Polkadot.js codebase.
- Led the development of a RESTful Express server that connected to the Ethereum blockchain using web3.js.
- Architected and developed an innovative one-click, cryptographically-secure login flow using the MetaMask extension. See the associated article on Toptal Blog: Toptal.com/ethereum/one-click-login-flows-a-metamask-tutorial.
- Wrote tests that covered 98% of the codebase and set up a git-based continuous integration using CircleCI, which deployed staging and production versions to AWS.
- Built the front-end web app skeleton using React and Redux and delegated further front-end development to a junior developer.
- Emphasized UX by paying extra attention to details, as UX is one of Fieldbook's strengths.
- Participated in the team-wide project of shipping version 2.0 of the product, working under high pressure for the whole month preceding the launch.
- Collaborated with the product owner, developers, and QA engineers in an agile environment.
- Wrote at least one line of test for each line of code.
Lead iOS Engineer
- Reorganized the code by introducing the Ducks architecture for Redux, increasing the readability and maintainability of the codebase.
- Transitioned from REST API calls to GraphQL queries, optimizing network payloads, especially for low-bandwidth mobile phones.
- Created a customizable three-part screen component for an innovative UX, with a new way of navigating between screens.
Lead Front-end Engineer
- Completely redesigned the landing page—resulting in a 30% conversion rate increase.
- Built from scratch, the back office led to a huge productivity boost compared to the previous Trello-based system.
- Assembled build tools (Gulp, Jenkins) to automate and optimize website building, testing, and deployment.
- Conducted A/B testing on landing page features to obtain the highest conversion rate.
- Created from scratch a Chrome extension for bookmarking; it was rated five stars and used by 250,000 users in the Google Chrome Store.
- Led the development of the Feedly macOS app. While the app itself consisted only of a WebView wrapper over the main website, I implemented multiple features for a native-like user experience.
- Built a prototype of SimpleFollow.org—an easy way to add RSS feeds to your favorite news aggregator.
- Worked closely with the designers to implement new UI/UX features on the main page feedly.com.
Cloud Computing Intern
- Conceived and implemented tailored IaaS solutions for client companies such as Danone and Gemalto using VMware.
- Optimized the virtual machine creation process, reducing the VM installation time from eight hours to 45 minutes.
- Created a UI for following in real-time the VM creation process.
- Documented the VM creation tool usage guide in detail, both for end-users and developers.
VIA Centrale Réseaux
- Oversaw the whole network at the university campus with 6,000 connected devices.
- Managed a five-person team on a Linux server administration (Apache, Postfix, BIND, and virtualization).
- Built from scratch the local Facebook of the university, using Symfony 2, PostgreSQL, and jQuery; it had 3,000 daily active users.
- Launched an ICEcast radio streaming platform for the university.
Sh**t! I Smokehttps://shootismoke.app
In The Loop
My group won first prize at the hackathon.
Go, TypeScript, Rust
Parity Polkadot, React Native
DApps, Cryptocurrency, Open Source, Smart Contracts, Cosmos, Substrate, Linux Server Administration, WebAssembly, Full-stack Development
Master of Science (Double) Degree in Computer Science
Wrocław University of Science and Technology - Wrocław, Poland
Master of Engineering (Double) Degree in Engineering and Management
Ecole Centrale Paris - Paris, France
Machine Learning Course Certification
Stanford University via Coursera