Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTParity Technologies
Technologies: Rust, Polkadot, Substrate, Ethereum, TypeScript, DApps
- Headed the development of a proof-of-concept crypto wallet running a Polkadot light client in WebAssembly inside the browser.
- Refactored Polkadot.js (100K lines of code), the official TypeScript SDK on top of Polkadot and Substrate, into a more modular architecture with dynamically-generated TypeScript typings.
- Created and launched Fether, the first Ethereum wallet on top of a light client, which totaled 5000 downloads after 1 year.
- Designed and completed Light.js, a high-level reactive library optimized for light clients and an alternative to Web3.js.
- Presented talks about Web3.js, DApp development, and light clients.
- Cooperated with security firms on auditing the Polkadot.js codebase.
- Integrated the low-level in-house codec, SCALE codec, into the Polkadot.js codebase.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Eighttails
Technologies: DApps, Ethereum, Web3.js, Node.js, React, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Led the development of a RESTful Express server which connected to the Ethereum blockchain using web3.js.
- Architected and developed an innovative one-click, cryptographically-secure login flow using the MetaMask extension. See the associated article on Toptal Blog: https://www.toptal.com/ethereum/one-click-login-flows-a-metamask-tutorial.
- Wrote tests which covered 98% of the codebase, and set up a git-based continuous integration using CircleCI which deployed staging and production versions to AWS.
- Built the skeleton of the front-end web app using React and Redux, and delegated further front-end development to a junior developer.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Fieldbook
Technologies: Backbone.js, Express, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Emphasized on UX by paying extra attention to details, as UX is one of Fieldbook's strengths.
- Participated in the team-wide project of shipping the version 2.0 of the product, working under high pressure for the whole month preceding the launch.
- Collaborated with the product owner, developers, and QA engineers in an agile environment.
- Wrote at least one line of test for each line of code.
Lead iOS Engineer2017 - 2017Zelos (via Toptal)
Technologies: React Native, Redux, GraphQL
- Reorganized the code by introducing the Ducks architecture for Redux, increasing the readability and maintainability of the codebase.
- Transitioned from REST API calls to GraphQL queries, optimizing network payloads especially for low-bandwidth mobile phones.
- Created a customizable three-part screen component for an innovative UX, with a new way of navigating between screens.
Lead Front-end Engineer2016 - 2016MonBanquet
- Completely redesigned the landing page—resulting to a 30% conversion rate increase.
- Built from scratch the back-office—leading to a huge productivity boost compared to the previous Trello-based system.
- Assembled build tools (Gulp, Jenkins) to automate and optimize website building, testing, and deployment.
- Conducted A/B testing on landing page features to obtain the highest conversion rate.
Software Engineer2014 - 2014Feedly
- Created from scratch a Chrome extension for bookmarking; it was rated five stars and used by 250,000 users in the Google Chrome Store.
- Led the development of the Feedly macOS app. While the app itself consisted only of a WebView wrapper over the main website, I implemented multiple features for a native-like user experience.
- Built a prototype of SimpleFollow.org—an easy way to add RSS feeds to your favorite news aggregator.
- Worked closely with the designers to implement new UI/UX features on the main page feedly.com.
Cloud Computing Intern2013 - 2013IBM
- Conceived and implemented tailored IaaS solutions for client companies such as Danone and Gemalto using VMWare.
- Optimized the virtual machine creation process, reducing the VM installation time from 8 hours to 45 minutes.
- Created a UI for following in real-time the VM creation process.
- Documented in details the VM creation tool usage guide, both for end-users and for developers.
Linux Adminstrator2011 - 2013VIA Centrale Réseaux
Technologies: Linux Server Administration, Virtualization
- Oversaw the whole network at the university campus, with 6,000 connected devices.
- Managed a five-person team on a Linux server administration (Apache, Postfix, BIND, and virtualization).
- Built from scratch the local Facebook of the university, using Symfony 2, PostgreSQL, and jQuery; it had 3,000 daily active users.
- Launched an ICEcast radio streaming platform for the university.