Mobile Developer (Android + iOS)2018 - PRESENTEase (formely EaseCentral)
Technologies: Mobile, Android SDK, Android Testing, Android, iOS, Swift, Kotlin
- Wrote an Android app from scratch based on the existing iOS version. (Kotlin).
- Refactored the entire iOS application to incorporate clean architecture paradigms and clean code (Swift).
- Introduced instrumented tests for both Android and iOS using Espresso (Android) and EarlGrey + XCUITest (iOS).
- Integrated Fastlane for iOS and Android project to help build a working continuous integration solution.
- Introduced unit tests for both Android and iOS applications.
- Built custom Gradle scripts to allow easier execution for the continuous integration pipeline of Android app.
Flutter Developer2020 - 2020Vid, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Mobile, Flutter SDK, Video & Audio Processing, Video Processing, iOS, Android, Video, Flutter
- Created video processing functionalities in Flutter, targetting both iOS and Android. Video processing included: Encoding videos, trimming, and applying separate audio streams from the audio files.
- Introduced new functionalities into the Flutter project as well as existing ones, making sure all of them work well on both iOS and Android.
- Helped the team to promptly deliver the Android counterpart written in Flutter based on the existing iOS native app.
Flutter Developer2020 - 2020Juno Digital Pte., Ltd. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Mobile, iOS, Android, Flutter SDK, Flutter
- Created a lottery results app in Flutter from scratch for both Android and iOS.
- Created store listing on Google Play and App store and conducted the release process.
- Added crash reporting functionalities (Crashlytics) to the Flutter project and monitored the app's performance and health in order to prevent bad user experience.
Android Developer2019 - 2020Dubsmash (via Toptal)
Technologies: Mobile, Android SDK, Android Testing, GraphQL, Kotlin, Android
- Introduced new features in a video social media app with over 100 million downloads.
- Participated in a mature and well-organized scrum process.
- Helped with the transition of the Java source code into Kotlin.
- Helped with the redesign of the outdated user interface.
- Augmented the current continuous integration setup with custom scripts that automated tedious, repetitive tasks.
Full-stack Android Developer2019 - 2019Johnson Lab & Supply (via Toptal)
Technologies: Cloud Firestore, Mobile, Android SDK, GPS, Firebase Authentication, Firebase Realtime Database, Firebase, Kotlin, Android
- Created an Android app that allows field workers to log their work as well as upload photos and record their exact GPS location.
- Created an admin panel within the app that requires authentication and authorization. It allows the manager to manage projects and employees as well as export all collected data to be viewable on the PC.
- Designed a Firebase database and optimized it for bandwidth usage as well as keeping the data structure as flat as possible.
- Introdued Firestore storage service to allow users to upload files that are referenced in the database and allows for assigning files to certain work items.
- Introduced Firebase Authentication to allow managers to authenticate when logging into the admin panel.
Senior Android Developer2017 - 2018Disney Streaming Services
Technologies: Mobile, Android SDK, Android Testing, Kotlin, Android
- Helped build an Android SDK for core functionalities within client apps in an organization such as authentication, media streaming, and HTTP API communication layer.
- Maintained and improved Gradle quality plugins related to unit testing and code coverage.
- Improved the architecture of the SDK to improve testability and mocking for client apps.
Android Engineer2017 - 2018Max2 (via Toptal)
Technologies: Mobile, Android SDK, Android Testing, Bluetooth, Kotlin, Java, Android
- Maintained and added new features to an enterprise application for business where venue owners can mange their premises, staff, and client relations.
- Took care of the continuous integration environment by making sure it is paired up with the code review process.
- Advised a client with Android-specific decisions about design.
Senior Android Developer2016 - 2017Tooploox
Technologies: Cloud Firestore, Mobile, Android SDK, Android Testing, Kotlin, Clean Architecture, Espresso, JUnit, Jira, Jenkins, Java, Android
- Introduced CI/CD into the project.
- Helped junior developers understand clean architecture and clean code principles.
- Worked on an Android project for a media industry client from the US.
- Advised the client about possible solutions for certain problems.
- Helped the design team provide designs adhering to material design principles.
Lead Android Developer2016 - 2016X8 Digital Studio
Technologies: Mobile, Android SDK, Android Testing, Espresso, CircleCI, Git, JUnit, Jenkins, Java, Android
- Created an Android app for an enterprise client from the UK that helps with networking during different conferences and meetups.
- Maintained different smaller Android apps within the company.
- Introduced CI/CD for all projects being maintained.
- Worked closely and directly with the clients to identify their needs and suggest optimal solutions.
- Refactored apps to work with clean architecture.
- Incorporated clean code principles into new projects.
Senior Android Developer2013 - 2016Ceneo sp. z o.o.
Technologies: Mobile, Android SDK, Android Testing, Jira, Espresso, JUnit, Bamboo, Jenkins, Java, Android
- Led the Android development team, which consisted of three people.
- Designed architecture and implemented an Android app for the biggest price comparison company in Poland.
- Introduced CI/CD with Atlassian's Bamboo.
- Wrote UI and unit tests.
- Helped the product owner to identify user needs and plan new features.
- Guided and taught new Android developers' best practices.
- Worked with an MVP (Model-view Presenter) pattern.