Verified Expert in Engineering
Full-stack React Developer
Arpit is a product-oriented, full-stack web developer, mainly with Angular and React Native. His expertise lies in building MVPs for startups and mid-sized companies, scalable microservices, serverless infrastructure, web crawlers, notification apps, REST/Socket APIs, infrastructure modeling, complex algorithms, AWS, and deployments. Arpit can pull-off projects single-handedly and is the perfect candidate for converting ideas into prototypes.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Xcode, WebStorm, Sketch, Git, IntelliJ, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a P2P-encrypted chat system (Node.js) with features like group chats and scaled up to 1 million RPM with Kafka, Redis, and WebSockets.
- Created strategies, documented and migrated the entire project with over 600 impacted files from React 15 to React 17 in a planned manner.
- Followed all the important methodologies while doing the upgrade, including dependency upgradation, dependency replacement, handling breaking changes, and following testing strategies to deliver a bug-free production upgradation.
- Took key responsibility in following the DRY principle and creating common modules along with their unit and functional tests, which massively reduced the code size and resulted in paced development and lesser bugs in the production.
- Identified and fixed major issues with the API call methodologies, which led to inconsistent data on the back end, resulting in reduced workload on CX teams.
- Worked with UI/UX teams to develop better user-driven UI by analyzing the difficulties on the customer's end and improving user adaptability.
Senior React and React Native Developer
- Spearheaded the development of a comprehensive React Native application from the ground up, working alongside a dedicated team of three members.
- Worked on an app that was built for a trucking company and for sales personnel, enabling them to effectively showcase the company's diverse fleet of trucks. The app was built to be user-friendly and simple to use.
- Implemented robust offline support for videos, incorporating advanced compression techniques and support for various image formats to ensure a seamless user experience, even in low-connectivity environments.
- Designed and built an efficient admin portal, empowering staff members to control user access and manage various aspects of the application, including the upload of multimedia assets such as videos and images, as well as seamless inventory management.
- Devised a user role management system within the app, allowing administrators to assign specific access privileges, ensuring only authorized individuals could log in and utilize the app's showcasing capabilities.
- Set up the CI/CD pipeline using Fastlane and CircleCI.
- Finished the app in phases and later handed over the control to the client. Gave knowledge transfer for the smooth functioning of the app.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
Cryptocurrency Trading Firm
- Built the responsive cryptocurrency trading website in AngularJS and TypeScript.
- Developed a real-time trading graph using D3.js which has tickers for seven days, one day, one hour, and instant; built it all from scratch.
- Installed initially a Firebase real-time database and then later moved on to full-fledged WebSockets for the real-time communication for price changes and order completion.
- Led a team of three to work on version 2 of the web app and changed the app according to a different UI design; also, incorporated GraphQL queries using Apollo.
- Constructed the fully-fledged Android app in Java for real-time trading with a WebSocket integration. From then on, the app remained in the 99% "crash-free users" state.
- Integrated analytics, push notifications, and various other libraries to understand user behavior and iterated on it.
Consultant | Coach | Trainer
- Architected React and Angular projects.
- Developed scalable Node.js back-ends with Redis/MongoDB for persistence.
- Optimized data structures for MongoDB storage by creating, optimizing queries, indexing strategies, and aggregations and using MapReduce and similar technologies.
- Created a React PWA with service workers and great offline experience for clients.
- Built full-stack dashboards for a power user and administrative functionality.
- Ran Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure projects.
- Administered Linux servers (DigitalOcean).
- Designed and implemented DevOps procedures for AWS infrastructure (EB, Lambda, S3, CloudFormation, SQS, and more).
- Integrated the project infrastructure with third-party services: email (Mailgun), Slack (messaging/alerts), Zendesk (support), Twilio (SMS/authorization), Facebook (authorization), and more.
- Developed a responsive Angular-based media-heavy website.
- Built the back-office, power-user, and admin dashboards.
- Built a highly scalable back-end with Redis and PostgreSQL for CRUD operations on the user's cart, wishlist, favorites, recent orders, probable orders, and frequent orders.
- Was involved deeply in the development of the order engine and seller panel for the goods platform.
- Designed a microservice to integrate a unified sellers API into the seller panel to facilitates sellers to use a single panel to manage their catalog on multiple eCommerce websites.
- Built a super optimized AngularJS web app with very nice animations.
- Took on end-to-end ownership of the product and started with building the mockups, then the MVP, and then the final product.
- Led a team of three to build the website.
- Converted the Node.js back-end code into TypeScript.
- Wrote the coding guidelines and made everyone agree on following the guidelines and incorporated the code review standards in the project.
- Built the Java Spring back-end from scratch in MySQL and APIs using REST conventions.
- Developed the website using jQuery and Bootstrap; optimized the website to load under one second.
- Created a full-featured email notifier for order status updates (for the sellers and customers) and embedded dynamic links for quick actions.
- Built the coupon service which consisted of on-demand coupons, time-based, and limit based coupons. Also, built an intelligent processor to avoid any misuse of the coupons.
- Expanded the user module vertical by introducing features like account merging.
- Constructed a credit card fake detector module which just based on IP and credit card details; used to detect with more than 90% accuracy.
Recruitment Agency Software in React
I also built a bulk email sender module in Node.js to notify the candidate and the companies in bulk.
Chrome Extension for Posting Content on Instagram and Facebook
I wrote it in a way such that multiple users can also work on the same page. The plugin is configurable, and by default, posts to Facebook every alternate hour.
Speed Dating App
Admin Portal in Vue.js
• Add, delete, and update user information.
• Send notifications to a particular user or group based on type, region, and categories.
• Edit the React Native app via the admin portal itself. Since the app is intensely data-driven and the data updates on a regular basis, I built a feature through which any data/UI update in the app can be performed through the portal itself.
• Drag-n-drop users to manage the user hierarchy. I built an interactive interface where the admin can arrange the user hierarchy based on need and the app will start responding to the hierarchy from then on.
Next.js, AngularJS, Redux, Django, React Native, Express.js, Ruby on Rails 5, Flask, Hapi.js, NestJS, Play, Spring, Bootstrap, Angular
React Redux, Immutable.js, REST APIs, React, Redux-Saga, jQuery, Node.js, Chart.js, React Native for Web, D3.js, Stripe
JSX, Git, WebStorm, IntelliJ, Android Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio, Expo.io, Google Analytics, Apache Maven, Apple Push Notifications, Sketch, Amazon EBS, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Xcode
REST, Concurrent Programming, Agile, Microservices, Continuous Integration (CI)
Firebase, Android, iOS 12, Linux, Apache Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, WordPress, Mailgun, AWS Lambda, MacOS, Jakarta EE, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, Amazon EC2
Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB
ES6 Promises, Single-page Applications (SPA), Progressive Web Applications (PWA), TypeORM, APIs, Async.js, React Native Bridge, WebSockets, Front-end, Back-end, Full-stack, Design, Push Notifications, Serverless, Code Review, PWA, Apollo, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX)
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
IIT Bombay - Mumbai, India