React Native/TypeScript Developer2018 - 2020Mavely
Technologies: React, React Native for Web, Firebase, Apollo Server, Docker, Google Cloud, Prisma, Node.js, GraphQL, React Native, TypeScript
- Joined as the first engineer to rapidly prototype and get the company going by building an MVP with React Native. This helped transition the company to the current stack as the it grew.
- Incorporated intelligent deep linking among the mobile app, web app, and Shopify to help create a community of over 15,000 entrepreneurial women across the US—earning up to $5,000 in extra cash per year by sharing these links on social media.
- Integrated products, images, and more with GraphQL from over 200 retail partners including Everlane, Brooklinen, Allbirds, Outdoor Voices, Sun Basket, ABLE, and hundreds more within the mobile app to create an ideal social eCommerce experience.
Lead Software Engineer2018 - 2020Yotta Workout
Technologies: React, React Native for Web, Node.js, Firebase, Expo, Redux, React Native
- Built out the entire app infrastructure (as a solo developer) with both React Native on the front end and Node.js/Firebase on the back end—bringing 100s of hours of mindfulness content in a streamlined, gamified interface that is both interactive and calming.
- Implemented a premium subscription service to provide dynamic media content within the mobile app, including low-impact cardio, yoga videos, and mental training to paying customers.
- Oversaw the launch process of the iOS and Android app, which can be found at Yottaworkout.com.
Lead Application Developer2018 - 2020The Bet Excahnge
Technologies: Node.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Expo, Redux, React Native
- Built the app from scratch using designs from Zeplin and worked closely with the CTO to interface with his Ruby on Rails back end.
- Integrated charts and data visualization using React Native SVG to create a detailed UI to represent betting/sporting data.
- Tested the app with real-time data using WebSockets to help explore the future of fantasy e-sports by allowing users to places dynamic bets on futures within sports, much like traders do on stocks.
Co-founder | VP of Engineering2016 - 2018Brainbuild,, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AngularJS, MongoDB, AWS, Firebase, Node.js, Expo, Redux, React Native
- Oversaw the entire engineering team as Brainbuild grew to be an Inc. Top 30 Emerging Companies in the US: Inc.com/yeho-lucy-hwang/ss/kairos-top-emerging-us-companies-2017.html.
- Integrated an automated nutrition-and-health scheduling machine learning algorithm within the iOS and Android mobile apps. This algorithm optimizes the timing of meals, snacks, hydration, and sleep events based on a person's unique daily schedule.
Web Developer2015 - 2015CrowdTunes
- Implemented a PHP/Parse.com database (back end) to compile company statistics.
- Utilized these statistics to better understand how to get the perfect music at every location, whether it be a gym, restaurant, or business center—Crowdtunes.com/login.