Cloud Architect2017 - 2021Redfin
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Identity & Access Management (IAM), Cloud Security, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure
- Hosted dynamic websites, provisioned several EC2 instances, implementing high availability and fault tolerance with the ability to automatically scale up to thousands of servers on demand.
- Secured my cloud environment ensuring that my client met the compliance standard by implementing secret manager for automatic rotation of access keys, database credentials, SSH keys, and tokens.
- Oversaw successfully data migration and disaster recovery using CloudEndure.
- Carried out vulnerability assessment using AWS Amazon Inspector and third-party tools such as Tennable Nessus and Rapid 7. Escalated high-risk issues for immediate remediation.
- Provisioned over 300 AWS workspaces for the customer offshore employees in India at the start of the pandemic. Saved my client millions of dollars which would have gone into purchasing several physical computers.
- Decommissioned over 40 Ec2 instances no longer in use to save client cost.
- Designed efficient, secure, adaptable, scalable, and reliable data, networking, application cloud architecture.
- Held standup meetings with offshore teams and worked across time zones. Oversaw task delegation for team members, ensured sprints were met, and the project delivered promptly.
- Held meetings with clients to capture pain points. Ensured development teams understood the customer's perspective and that technology selected was aligned with the clients' goals.
Cloud Security Engineer2014 - 2017Johnson & Johnson
Technologies: Data Encryption, Amazon Firewall, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, Database Security, Terraform, AWS Cloud Architecture, Kali Linux, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon EC2, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), AWS Lambda, JSON
- Guided projects independently and across functional teams that spanned multiple time zones.
- Built a fault-tolerant architecture ensuring scalability and high availability.
- Completed a complex cloud migration and disaster recovery project from on-premises to cloud.
- Provisioned VPC's, several Ec2 instances, and built dynamic and static websites for clients.
Data Analyst2010 - 2014Sterling Global Oil Resources, Ltd. (SEEPCO)
Technologies: Tableau, SQL, Excel 2013, Teamwork, Interpersonal Skills
- Created rich visualization and dashboards using a drag and drop interface.
- Managed the performance tuning of reports and resolved Tableau issues.
- Developed and implemented data bases, collected and interpreted data, and analyzed results.
- Collaborated alongside teams to deliver projects and upgrade the Tableau server. Conducted meet-ups with sprints to ensure that projects were perfectly prepped for review and delivery.
- Created sites, assigned permissions, published workbooks, and managed data extracts.