Co-founder2019 - PRESENTTeppen Services
Technologies: Docker, Gitlab CI, Cognito, CloudFront, ECS, Fargate, S3, API Gateway, Lambda, Python, Node.js
- Designed a Cloud infrastructure that implements best practices for high-availability, scalability, security, and performance.
- Developed a SaaS API using Python, AWS Lambda, Cognito, and API Gateway.
- Developed and maintained a CI/CD pipeline using GitLab and Docker, deploying to AWS ECR and ECS Fargate.
- Designed and deployed infrastructure using the Infrastructure-as-Code tool Terraform.
- Developed a data archival system using Python, AWS Glacier Deep Archive, and Azure Blob Storage.
- Developed and tested AWS Lambda functions using AWS SAM.
- Managed a team of staff.
Principal Network Analyst2017 - 2019Oracle
Technologies: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), Terraform, SALT, Python, Bash, Linux, Cisco, Arista, Juniper, Docker, Oracle VM, GNS
- Designed a Cloud network infrastructure for products being deployed in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Infrastructure as code written and deployed using Terraform.
- Oversaw network automation and configuration management using Python and SALT.
- Reviewed proposed solutions ensuring best practices coverage for security, high-availability, and business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Provided mentoring and training to engineers.
- Worked with a global, remote first team.
Principal Network Engineer2015 - 2017NetSuite
Technologies: Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), Cisco ASA, Oracle Database, Java, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTPd, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Advised and participated in compliance audits including PCI-DSS, SOC 1 and 2, ISO27001 as the technical lead.
- Responsible for infrastructure capacity planning relating to the Advanced Rating group of products.
- Oversaw the split data center infrastructure and half, to a new data center facility.
- Migrated the company-owned data center infrastructure to the co-location facility.
- Designed and built a Cloud-based hot standby disaster recovery solution.
- Provided mentoring and training.
- Worked in a global, remote-first team.
Senior Network Engineer2012 - 2015Monexa
Technologies: Amazon Web Services, Java, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, Oracle Database, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, Zabbix, Citrix XenServer, HAProxy
- Implemented high availability best practices using load balancing and redundant servers.
- Deployed a Zabbix monitoring system to monitor all infrastructure components and manage assets.
- Designed and deployed a new infrastructure using Citrix XenServer and Cisco UCS platform to significantly reduce data center footprint and day-to-day management tasks.
- Implemented configuration management using Puppet to centrally manage all system configurations.
- Migrated source code version control to Git and assisted with provisioning a Jenkins system to create a CI/CD solution.
- Implemented security best practices including server hardening, rate limits, DoS protection and explicit firewall filtering.
- Advised and participated in security and compliance audits including PCI-DSS, SOC 1 & 2, ISO27001 as the technical lead on the project.
Network Engineer2010 - 2012Hostworks
Technologies: Linux, Solaris, Apache, NFS, Bind, Bash, Cisco, Juniper, Foundry, Citrix, NetApp, VMWare
- Designed and deployed network infrastructure, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and IDS and IPS solutions.
- Monitored and maintained the existing network infrastructure.
- Implemented network automation using scripting languages.
- Participated in on-call roster.
Systems Engineer2008 - 2010Adam Internet
Technologies: Linux, Solaris, Apache, Xen, NFS, Sendmail, Exim, Bind
- Migrated legacy systems to new infrastructure.
- Maintained custom software for remote network testing.
- Maintained and improved game server infrastructure.
- Maintained and improved corporate email infrastructure.
- Maintained and improved the standard operating environment for Linux and Windows hosts.