Verified Expert in Engineering
Cloud Architect and Developer
Changchun is a cloud architect with over 17 years of experience in technical development, consulting, and project delivery in the IoT and telecom fields. Working with multiple clients across various projects enabled him to apply and expand his skills and expertise in infrastructure-as-code and cloud innovation, migration, and optimization, also facilitating training in these domains. Changchun always seeks to meet organizations' goals and leverage the value of their products and services.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Alibaba Cloud, Linux, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've accomplished is being a certified cloud architect with proven expertise working with AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud solutions.
Cloud Enterprise Architect
- Completed the blueprint design for an Azure landing zone.
- Collaborated with the cloud infrastructure team on a cloud modernization project, engaging in the architectural design and implementation of an Azure landing zone.
- Practiced enterprise governance by enterprise intake review, onboarded applications review, architecture review board members, and new technology innovation.
IT Infrastructure | Cloud Architect
- Managed the global infrastructure, networking, and security in the AWS and Alibaba public cloud and on-premise environments.
- Served as a subject matter expert and consultant to IT infrastructure and security teams and various support providers and vendors in cloud migration projects. Focused on both lift-and-shift and re-architecture for cloud design.
- Collaborated with business and application analysts and key vendors, such as AWS, on new technical service POCs using AWS Aurora, Lambda, and Transit Gateway, IaC with Terraform, and WAN performance improvement with Zscaler.
- Implemented effective FinOps practices, which included building the billing dashboard based on AWS Cost and Usage Reports (CUR), cost allocation and forecasting, reservation planning, and resource optimization.
- Assumed leadership in well-planned improvements and reviewed existing infrastructure environments based on the best practices related to the 5R principles, which target reliability, security, cost, operation, and performance.
- Played a key role in a digital transformation project, representing the IT infrastructure and security domain to support ICP registration, implementation of the cloud anti-DoS WAF solutions, network access acceleration, and performance monitoring.
Senior Cloud Solution Architect
- Led the cloud migration of APAC-China supply chain systems to AWS and completed the business intelligence and data warehouse migration.
- Researched and introduced new cloud service solutions to improve the existing cloud infrastructure agility, elasticity, and cost efficiency while boosting the engineering culture through a new technology intake process.
- Led the infrastructure team in implementing the infrastructure-as-code evolution via Terraform.
- Constructed and delivered the 2020-2023 cloud service roadmap.
- Reviewed existing systems and delivered an AWS well-architected proposal.
Cloud Solution Architect
- Served as a cloud evangelist introducing public cloud technology, including AWS, Azure, GCP, and Alibaba Cloud.
- Collaborated with the sales team to acquire new clients.
- Offered technical consulting for professional services on the cloud, including cloud migration, big data, DevOps, and cloud-native application development.
- Provided cloud MSP consulting, including ITSM workflow planning, cloud operation SOW and SLA definition, solution monitoring and optimization, and security enhancement.
- Provided pre-sales support for a hybrid multi-cloud management product—OpsNow SaaS and OpsNow Private.
- Contributed to AWS projects for Sony, Omron, Veolia, Porsches, Universal, Trafigura, and Luqel; Azure projects for McDonald's, Fullerton Health, Amor Pacific, and Loreal; and Alibaba Cloud projects for IKEA and CGV.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Communicated effectively with customers, such as Rogers Canada and China Mobile, to understand their requirements, provide customized solutions, and assess the respective implementation.
- Led offshore and onsite delivery teams in project implementation, collaborating with cross-functional teams and liaising with external vendors.
- Handled Rogers' solution engineering and customization. Provided onsite support, worked with the local team to offer billing solutions based on HPE products, coordinated resources, and managed the project delivery progress, risk, and training.
- Provided technical consulting on eSIM solution-based HPE products for China Mobile. I also led system integration with watch device vendors like Apple and Huawei, card vendors such asOberthur, G&D, and Huahong, and the China Mobile BOSS system.
Tech Support Specialist
- Provided tech support and solutions for EMC global customers on Avamar's backup and recovery product.
- Worked closely with product teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues while fostering strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated initiative in identifying and improving product performance in critical areas.
Software Engineer & Delivery Engineer
- Investigated and analyzed business requirements and processed documents' high- and low-level designs.
- Developed various projects using HP IUM, Java, Oracle, Jakarta EE, WebService, HP Service Guard, HP Data Protector, open-source resources—iPm workflow tools, Jasper Report, and JFreechart—and other technologies.
- Delivered multiple projects, including the Shaanxi, Sichuan, and Anhui telecom online charging system (OCS) and the Shanghai Mobile Internet Data Center (SHMIDC) inventory management system.
- Provided onsite training and technical support after the go-live.
Supply Chain BI Cloud Migration
Before cloud migration, DataStage and Cognos would take the major version upgrade, and DataStage and Oracle Database would process a re-platform from Sun Solaris to Linux; those two were prerequisites for the migration process.
Cloud Intake for AWS Spot Instance and Management Tool
1. Deeply understanding the AWS spot instance function
2. Verifying the management platform function for Mary Kay's EC2 suitable scenario
3. Checking the possibility of replacing the on-demand stateless EC2 with the AWS spot instance
4. Checking the possibility of partly replacing EKS with spot instance (phase II)
5. Preparing the solution for other AWS services such as EMR (phase III)
Cloud Intake for Amazon Aurora Babelfish to Replace Microsoft SQL Server
The purpose of the Amazon Aurora Babelfish POC was to compare and validate the AWS Aurora PostgreSQL with Babelfish feature from multiple perspectives, providing the reference for the cloud database selection of Microsoft SQL Server.
Rogers Canada Billing Credit Control for Data Services
1. Working onsite to analyze customer requirements and providing the related solution
2. Leading off-shore and on-site delivery teams to implement the project
3. Delivering training and on-site support
China Mobile eSIM SM-DP+
EMC Avamar, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS IAM, Terraform, IBM Cognos
DevOps, Azure DevOps, Enterprise Application Architecture
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Azure, Linux, Oracle, Jakarta EE
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Alibaba Cloud, Databases, MySQL, HP Data Protector, Google Cloud, Datastage
Cloud Infrastructure, IT Operations, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud Migration, IT Consulting, Telecom Business Support Systems (BSS), HP IUM, Online Charging Systems (OCS), AWS Cloud Architecture, Architecture, Solution Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Control & Cost Analysis, CI/CD Pipelines, AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS DevOps, Networking, eSIM, 3GPP, Open Source, IT Project Management, Amazon RDS, Amazon Route 53, Software Engineering, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Big Data, Storage, IBM Cognos Dynamic Cubes, AWS Database Migration Service, 4G, Enterprise Architecture
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
Tongji University - Shanghai, China
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
Google Cloud Professional – Cloud Architect
Alibaba Cloud Certified Professional
Project Management Professional (PMP)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring