Principle DevOps Engineer2018 - PRESENTCalm
Technologies: AWS, GO, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, CircleCI, CodeFresh
- Built and scaled a mobile application to support thousands of requests per second.
- Fully deployed EKS/Kubernetes clusters fully managed by Terraform.
- Wrote numerous Kubernetes template frameworks leveraging Terraform and CodeFresh for full Canary deploys.
- Built a fully managed networking layer using Terraform.
- Built a multi-region multi-account AWS setup with full VPC peering using Aviatrix.
- Helped solve architectural issues and bring the latency into reasonable levels.
- Screened potential DevOps candidates for the company and assisted in building a DevOps culture and team.
Director, Site Reliability Engineering2017 - 2019Veritone
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Fargate, Python, Go, Lambda, ECS, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis, Linux
- Designed and implemented an architecture for processing streams of media with AI in real time.
- Designed and implemented a unique autoscaling architecture leveraging Fargate and ECS/EC2.
- Led the efforts resulting in achieving a high FedRAMP compliance status.
- Built an SRE team from nothing to having a global presence in six time zones.
- Led the efforts resulting in a savings of over $800,000 from AWS annually.
Technical Account Manager (TAM)2017 - 2017Amazon Web Services
- Managed multiple $100+ million accounts at AWS.
- Led architecture design efforts and reviewed all the accounts.
- Led multiple in-depth how-to workshops on automating the infrastructure with Terraform, Ansible, and Packer.
- Built a new internal toolset resulting in immediately an increased resiliency for hundreds of AWS accounts.
- Contributed heavily to the internal software development for multiple tools.
Lead DevOps Engineer2016 - 2017Clear Capital
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Ansible, SALT, Puppet, Cassandra, Redshift, Packer, Kubernetes, Docker, Elassandra, SOLR, Spark
- Built a DevOps team from nothing to a global presence supporting multiple time zones.
- Led the architectural efforts around a Cassandra/SOLR design and code implementation which resulted in a query performance optimization (going from 10+ seconds to a sub-second query response time).
- Architected the design and implementation of ClearQC/ClearCollateral with customers like Wells Fargo, Freddie Mac, and Goldman Sachs running over $3 trillion through the systems monthly.
- Led a team in the automation of all infrastructure and configuration management which resulted in a highly scalable, self-healing system with tools like SALT, Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Automated our CI/CD processes which resulted in reducing the average build/test time from 30 minutes down to 5 minutes.
- Led the efforts to achieve SOC 2 compliance.
Lead DevOps Engineer2016 - 2016Estech Systems, Inc.
Technologies: Ansible, SALT, AWS, Terraform, Linux, Bash, Python
- Architected the support for the PBX/SIP servers running on millions of phones worldwide.
- Led the migration efforts from a self-hosted on-premise implementation to a fully managed AWS deployment.
- Wrote numerous Ansible playbooks to optimize automation builds.
- Developed numerous Terraform modules to improve infrastructure automation builds.
- Led the systems team in troubleshooting SIP/PBX service issues for clients around the globe.
Linux Support Engineer2015 - 2015Armor Cloud Hosting
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Ansible, Bash, Python, Linux, Apache, MySQL, Nginx
- Worked on numerous high-profile customer accounts, troubleshooting issues and increasing performance of customers applications.
- Wrote automation scripts for various customers concerning the deployment/installation of application stacks.
- Worked on numerous security response teams for real-time hacker prevention of high profile clients.
Cloud Consultant2015 - 2015Credera
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Docker, Puppet, SALT, Chef, Linux
- Wrote Ansible playbooks for Gold's Gym to automate their entire website application stack.
- Redesigned Gold's Gym's website which resulted in load time response increase from five seconds to under a sub-second.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks in order to automate LDAP deployment with Kerberos.
Patriot/THAAD Fire Control2010 - 2012US Army
Technologies: THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense), Patriot
- Worked on and maintained THAAD missile systems.
- Worked on and maintained Patriot missile systems.
- Deployed Patriot/THAAD radar systems.
- Worked on numerous live fire simulations and real world exercises.