Solutions Engineer Executive Advisor2021 - PRESENTAnthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, GitLab CI/CD, Terraform
- Implemented a GitOps-based release pipeline to deploy through multiple AWS environments. Worked with developers to foster a DevOps relationship that empowered developers to create and deploy their own pipelines.
- Migrated a Kubernetes cluster from AWS EKS to Azure AKS.
- Led a major project with the business continuity plan (BCP).
Senior DevOps Engineer2018 - PRESENTWagz, Inc
Technologies: AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Android, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, Python, Go
- Eliminated $30,000 per month from an acquired company's AWS bill after reviewing their scaling and automation strategy.
- Managed continuous integration, testing, and deployment for an embedded Android cellular device, and automated the over-the-air updates to tens of thousands of devices.
- Developed the back-end API and CI/CD for the CollegeBoard's AP student assessment and teacher dashboard system used in high school classrooms across America.
- Served as the system administrator for a digital animation movie studio.
- Operated a two-developer Drupal development company that specialized in eCommerce.
- Leveraged the free GitHub actions platform to eliminate self-hosting pet Jenkins servers when building and deploying AWS microservices.
Senior Systems Engineer2010 - PRESENTFlightLookup
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linode, AWS, Python
- Migrated two in-house data centers to AWS and Linode cloud providers for significant cost reductions for this global flight-matching system.
- Introduced Agile methodologies to existing development house. Automated the entire build, validate, and deliver pipeline from scratch.
- Continuously found and executed cost-saving opportunities as technologies improve for this veteran company for a decade.
Software Engineer2015 - 2017AcademicMerit/CollegeBoard
- Contributed as part of the small team that won the CollegeBoard contract to build the AP student assessment application used across American classrooms.
- Leveraged Amazon SQS to manage two-way database reconciliation on a nightly basis between multiple stakeholders.
- Automated Blue/Gold production deployments in order to speed up client validation of new features.
System Adminstrator2010 - 2012LinePlot Production, LLC
Technologies: Ansible, Python, Cisco, Dell EMC, Linux
- Acted as the UNIX administrator for a movie studio's in-house render farm.
- Automated the nightly renderings of terabytes of film data.
- Implemented the fiber-channel SAN network for artists' digital workstations.
UNIX Systems Administrator1998 - 2007SAIC- Science Applications International Corporation
Technologies: Red Hat Linux
- Designed floating datacenters for the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Naval Oceanographic, and the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Traveled most of the major seaports in America to support ongoing data collection operations.
- Provided tech support for two Rhode Island offices with over 100 employees each.