Verified Expert in Engineering
AWS DevOps Developer
Dan has been working with IT infrastructure for over 18 years and is passionate about his work. He loves moving software into production using the latest and greatest technologies and methodologies. Dan fits well into any software development organization and loves to collaborate. He'd love to work on client ideas that need to be built, deployed, and scaled in the cloud.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a ground-up Kubernetes infrastructure build-out including all CI/CD automation, monitoring, and auto-scaling—all on my own.
DevOps | DevOps & Site Reliability Engineer
DCM Tech (Contractor)
- Worked on various contracts in different capacities, most centered around Kubernetes deployments and CI/CD automation on AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Embedded primarily with various software development teams to build and ship code into the cloud infrastructure.
- Utilized Terraform to deploy various Cloud infrastructures, including Kubernetes clusters.
- Oversaw production support, 24/7 monitoring, and incident response.
- Analyzed cost and built custom, cost-effective solutions using a variety of techniques that allow applications to scale on demand.
- Assisted developers with containerizing their applications into Docker and setting up local development environments.
- Focused on Kubernetes and Docker infrastructure deployment, operation, and automation, including workload migrations.
Lead Systems Engineer
- Acquired lead role for monitoring, maintaining, and scaling production environment for a customer-facing, hosted service.
- Designed and deployed virtualization architecture utilizing VMWare Infrastructure, including SAN technologies and high availability planning.
- Created backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plan.
- Deployed multi-site corporate network architecture using IPSec VPN tunnels.
- Developed internal corporate and external customer-facing, web portals utilizing PHP and MySQL.
- Utilized C# expertise to develop an internal application that helped ease internal process overhead.
- Served as the central technical escalation point for several departments.
- Deployed Chef server to manage server configurations and code deployments.
QA Automation Engineer
eEye Digital Security
- Tested an array of software products designed to help companies manage security threats.
- Developed an automated test platform using PHP and MySQL.
- Worked closely with developers to resolve bugs and implement new feature requests.
- Required working knowledge of all major operating systems, including several flavors/distributions of Linux and Unix.
- Developed the ability to read memory dumps to help identify causes of application crashes.
Lead Technical Support Engineer
- Supported cross-platform fax software (VSI-FAX), which included a wide array of Unix-based operating systems such as SCO, Solaris, Data General, HP-UX, and AIX.
- Responsible for managing support operations, including employee schedules and maintaining internal processes.
- Served as internal liaison between support and dev teams for bug and enhancement escalations.
- Responsible for IT duties at local site.
- Developed and maintained custom, internal portals utilizing Perl.
Linux Systems Adminstrator
- Deployed and maintained Linux-based ISP services.
- Helped configure and troubleshoot customer T-1 routers (Cisco).
- Deployed and maintained Linux-based backup architecture.
- Responsible for resolving customer issues with hosted services.
Zynga Migration from Private Cloud to AWShttps://www.zynga.com
Jenkins Pipeline, Node.js, jQuery
Bitbucket, GitHub, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS IAM, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Artifactory, NGINX, ELK (Elastic Stack), Grafana, Zabbix, Docker Compose, AWS CLI, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Jenkins, Chef, Jira, Git, Postfix, MongoDB Shell, Wowza, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Apache, VMware, VPN, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, Sendmail, Subversion (SVN), TeamCity, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Sumo Logic, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Amazon EKS, GitLab CI/CD
Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Scrum, Agile Software Development, Agile, DevOps
PagerDuty, Apache2, Docker, Linux, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, New Relic, Windows Server, Windows, Solaris, Unix, HP-UX, AIX, OpenStack, Sysdig
Datadog, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Google Cloud
Kubernetes Operations (kOps), SMTP, Prometheus, GitFlow, GitHub Actions, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Vi, VMware ESXi, BIND9, Cisco Networking, Cisco, Firewalls, Data, Cisco Routers, BIND
Windows PowerShell, Lumen, Laravel, CodeIgniter