Contractor (DevOps/Site Reliability)2014 - PRESENTDCM Tech, Inc.
- Worked various contracts in different capacities, most of which centered around CI/CD automation on Amazon Web Services.
- Embedded primarily with various software development teams to build and ship code into Cloud infrastructure.
- Deployed applications and supporting infrastructure to Amazon Web Services (RDS, S3, CloudFront, Lambda, EC2, ECS, Kubernetes, DynamoDB, etc.).
- Responsible for production support, 24/7 monitoring, and incident response.
- Analyzed cost and built custom, cost-effective solutions (using a variety of techniques that allow applications to scale on demand).
- Assisted developers with "containerizing" their applications into Docker and setting up local development environments.
- Heavily focused on Kubernetes/Docker infrastructure deployment, operation, and automation for past two years.
Lead Systems Engineer2006 - 2014Transcepta LLC
Technologies: Linux, Windows Server, VMWare Infrastructure, Cisco firewalls, Chef, C#, PHP, Bash, Powershell, Zabbix, VPN
- Acquired lead role for monitoring, maintaining, and scaling production environment for a customer-facing, hosted service.
- Designed and deployed virtualization architecture utilizing VMWare Infrastructure, including SAN technologies and high availability planning.
- Created backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plan.
- Deployed multi-site corporate network architecture using IPSec VPN tunnels.
- Developed internal corporate and external customer-facing, web portals utilizing PHP and MySQL.
- Utilized C# expertise to develop an internal application that helped ease internal process overhead.
- Served as the central technical escalation point for several departments.
- Deployed Chef server to manage server configurations and code deployments.
QA Automation Engineer2005 - 2006eEye Digital Security
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Linux, Windows, Bash, Powershell, General security awareness
- Tested an array of software products designed to help companies manage security threats.
- Developed an automated test platform using PHP and MySQL.
- Worked closely with developers to resolve bugs and implement new feature requests.
- Required working knowledge of all major operating systems, including several flavors/distributions of Linux and Unix.
- Developed the ability to read memory dumps to help identify causes of application crashes.
Lead Technical Support Engineer2001 - 2005Esker Software
Technologies: Linux, SCO, Solaris, Data General Unix, HP-UX, AIX, Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, Bash, Perl
- Supported cross-platform fax software (VSI-FAX), which included a wide array of Unix-based operating systems such as SCO, Solaris, Data General, HP-UX, and AIX.
- Responsible for managing support operations, including employee schedules and maintaining internal processes.
- Served as internal liaison between support and dev teams for bug and enhancement escalations.
- Responsible for IT duties at local site.
- Developed and maintained custom, internal portals utilizing Perl.
Linux Systems Adminstrator2000 - 2001Pajo Networks
Technologies: Linux, Cisco Routers, Sendmail, BIND, Apache
- Deployed and maintained Linux-based ISP services.
- Helped configure and troubleshoot customer T-1 routers (Cisco).
- Deployed and maintained Linux-based backup architecture.
- Responsible for resolving customer issues with hosted services.