Software Developer in Costa Mesa, CA, United States
Member since October 31, 2018
Dan has been working with IT infrastructure for over 18 years and is very passionate about what he does. He loves moving software into production using the latest and greatest technologies and methodologies. Dan fits well into any software development organization and loves to collaborate. Do you have an idea that needs to be built, deployed, and scaled in the cloud? He's your guy!
Contractor (DevOps/Site Reliability)2014 - PRESENTDCM Tech, Inc.
- Worked various contracts in different capacities, most of which centered around CI/CD automation on Amazon Web Services.
- Embedded primarily with various software development teams to build and ship code into Cloud infrastructure.
- Deployed applications and supporting infrastructure to Amazon Web Services (RDS, S3, CloudFront, Lambda, EC2, ECS, Kubernetes, DynamoDB, etc.).
- Responsible for production support, 24/7 monitoring, and incident response.
- Analyzed cost and built custom, cost-effective solutions (using a variety of techniques that allow applications to scale on demand).
- Assisted developers with "containerizing" their applications into Docker and setting up local development environments.
- Heavily focused on Kubernetes/Docker infrastructure deployment, operation, and automation for past two years.
Lead Systems Engineer2006 - 2014Transcepta LLC
Technologies: Linux, Windows Server, VMWare Infrastructure, Cisco firewalls, Chef, C#, PHP, Bash, Powershell, Zabbix, VPN
- Acquired lead role for monitoring, maintaining, and scaling production environment for a customer-facing, hosted service.
- Designed and deployed virtualization architecture utilizing VMWare Infrastructure, including SAN technologies and high availability planning.
- Created backup infrastructure and disaster recovery plan.
- Deployed multi-site corporate network architecture using IPSec VPN tunnels.
- Developed internal corporate and external customer-facing, web portals utilizing PHP and MySQL.
- Utilized C# expertise to develop an internal application that helped ease internal process overhead.
- Served as the central technical escalation point for several departments.
- Deployed Chef server to manage server configurations and code deployments.
QA Automation Engineer2005 - 2006eEye Digital Security
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Linux, Windows, Bash, Powershell, General security awareness
- Tested an array of software products designed to help companies manage security threats.
- Developed an automated test platform using PHP and MySQL.
- Worked closely with developers to resolve bugs and implement new feature requests.
- Required working knowledge of all major operating systems, including several flavors/distributions of Linux and Unix.
- Developed the ability to read memory dumps to help identify causes of application crashes.
Lead Technical Support Engineer2001 - 2005Esker Software
Technologies: Linux, SCO, Solaris, Data General Unix, HP-UX, AIX, Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, Bash, Perl
- Supported cross-platform fax software (VSI-FAX), which included a wide array of Unix-based operating systems such as SCO, Solaris, Data General, HP-UX, and AIX.
- Responsible for managing support operations, including employee schedules and maintaining internal processes.
- Served as internal liaison between support and dev teams for bug and enhancement escalations.
- Responsible for IT duties at local site.
- Developed and maintained custom, internal portals utilizing Perl.
Linux Systems Adminstrator2000 - 2001Pajo Networks
Technologies: Linux, Cisco Routers, Sendmail, BIND, Apache
- Deployed and maintained Linux-based ISP services.
- Helped configure and troubleshoot customer T-1 routers (Cisco).
- Deployed and maintained Linux-based backup architecture.
- Responsible for resolving customer issues with hosted services.
- Zynga Migration from Private Cloud to AWS (Other amazing things)https://www.zynga.com
I worked a 6-month remote project with the gaming company Zynga in San Francisco where I was assisting them migrating applications from their private cloud into Amazon Web Services.
Libraries/APIsJenkins Pipeline, jQuery
ToolsBitbucket, GitHub, AWS ECS, AWS IAM, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Git Flow, Artifactory, Nginx, ELK (Elastic Stack), Grafana, Zabbix, Docker Compose, AWS CLI, AWS ECR, Jenkins, Chef, Jira, Git, Postfix, MongoDB Shell, Wowza, Amazon SQS, AWS SES, Subversion (SVN), TeamCity, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Visual Studio
PlatformsPagerDuty, Apache2, Docker, Linux, AWS EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, New Relic, OpenStack, Sysdig
StorageAWS RDS, AWS S3, MySQL, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Datadog, Memcached
OtherKubernetes Operations (Kops), SMTP, Prometheus, Vi, VMware ESXi, BIND9, Cisco Networking
ParadigmsScrum, Agile Software Development
FrameworksLumen, Laravel, CodeIgniter