Machine Learning Lead | Software Engineer | Trainer2014 - PRESENTNatural Vision UG
Technologies: Scikit-learn, Python, Deep Learning, Docker, Deployment, CI/CD Pipelines, Data Science, Computer Vision, Image Recognition
- Developed and deployed a predictive analytics system for parcel delivery for a Fortune Global 500 company.
- Developed a predictive analytics system for sales forecasts which outperforms human analysts in terms of speed and accuracy for a Fortune Global 2000 company.
- Developed a deep-learning-based bioacoustics recognition system for detection and classification of marine mammals, in collaboration with Oregon State University.
- Helped Jetpac, a company that built city guides using artificial intelligence, implement a deep-learning-based computer vision system that finds objects inside millions of Instagram photos. The extracted info was then used to automatically categorize.
- Helped build up an in-house corporate data science team at a Fortune Global 500, teaching software engineering best practices and guiding a research-oriented team towards developing robust, maintainable, and production-ready software.
Principal Software Engineer2020 - 2020Cloud Governance Startup
Technologies: Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- Worked on building an open-source project to enable testing of cloud policy configuration rules written in Terraform and CloudFormation before deployment.
- Worked on several bugfixes and improvements on the company's open-source software.
- Developed onboarding documentation for a rapidly growing team.
Lecturer2014 - 2018Data Science Retreat
Technologies: Machine Learning, Python
- Regularly gave courses around Python, Scientific Python, machine learning, and deep learning.
- Developed course material and hands-on tutorials.
- Advised students on portfolio projects and career choices.
Chief Scientist2016 - 2017Samsung Research America (Samsung NEXT)
Technologies: Internet of Things (IoT), C, C++, Machine Learning, Microcontrollers, Python
- Researched and developed algorithms for the estimation of liquid flow inside of water pipes, using an IoT sensor that is attached to the outside of the pipe.
- Implemented signal processing and machine learning algorithms for lower-power, embedded devices.
- Built a rig for the semi-automatic acquisition of labeled training data for water flow detection; using Raspberry Pi, an inline flow meter for ground truth, and several sensors.
- Developed low-power, digital wireless communication protocols. Built a system for remote maintenance of sensors and communication hubs.
Head of Machine Learning2015 - 2016Butterfly Network
Technologies: Medical Imaging, Python, Convolutional Neural Networks, Amazon Web Services (AWS), NumPy
- Led a team of data scientists in solving problems in medical image analysis.
- Implemented real-time, state-of-the-art computer vision applications for ultrasounds.
- Managed the acquisition of medical imaging data and worked with medical experts to create rich datasets.
- Researched and developed novel applications for ultrasound and MRI.