Machine Learning Scientist | Consultant | Trainer2014 - PRESENTNatural Vision UG
Technologies: Deep Learning, Python, Scikit-learn
- Developed and deployed a predictive analytics system for parcel delivery for a Fortune Global 500 company.
- Developed a predictive analytics system for sales forecasts which outperforms human analysts in terms of speed and accuracy for a Fortune Global 2000 company.
- Developed a deep-learning-based bioacoustics recognition system for detection and classification of marine mammals, in collaboration with Oregon State University.
- Helped Jetpac, a company that built city guides using artificial intelligence, implement a deep-learning-based computer vision system that finds objects inside millions of Instagram photos. Jetpac then uses the information extracted from images to automatically categorize locations.
Lecturer2014 - 2018Data Science Retreat
Technologies: Python, Machine Learning
- Regularly gave courses around Python, Scientific Python, machine learning, and deep learning.
- Developed course material and hands-on tutorials.
- Advised students on portfolio projects and career choices.
Chief Scientist2016 - 2017Samsung Research America (Samsung NEXT)
Technologies: Python, Microcontrollers, Machine Learning, C/C++, IoT
- Researched and developed algorithms for the estimation of liquid flow inside of water pipes, using an IoT sensor that is attached to the outside of the pipe.
- Implemented signal processing and machine learning algorithms for lower-power, embedded devices.
- Built a rig for the semi-automatic acquisition of labeled training data for water flow detection; using Raspberry Pi, an inline flow meter for ground truth, and several sensors.
- Developed low-power, digital wireless communication protocols. Built a system for remote maintenance of sensors and communication hubs.
Head of Machine Learning2015 - 20164Catalyzer, Butterfly Network
Technologies: Python, Medical Imaging
- Led a team of data scientists in solving problems in medical image analysis.
- Implemented real-time, state-of-the-art computer vision applications for ultrasounds.
- Managed the acquisition of medical imaging data and worked with medical experts to label data.
- Researched and developed partially novel applications for ultrasound and MRI.