Verified Expert in Engineering
Dave is a highly passionate software developer and team player with over 15 years in the industry and experience across the tech stack. He loves building applications to solve challenging problems, and his ability to focus on the business needs and communicate effectively contributes to his reputation for always going above and beyond to deliver top value. Dave also has experience leading teams internationally and is genuinely driven by helping businesses achieve their visions.
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is identify the biggest failure points of large-scale banking applications and develop solutions used by 1,500+ financial institutions.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Created a reusable project starter template with React, Node.js, and Redux that allowed our project teams to build new projects quickly, further reducing initial setup time to less than 50%.
- Grew a small group of individual developers into a larger organization of over 50 developers across 10+ project teams and introduced Agile practices to improve overall communication and development workflows.
- Stepped in as team lead, project manager, and scrum master, for new and existing projects as teams established client relations and project workflows.
- Led teams both onsite and remotely to adopt Agile practices and improve communication and workflows with international clients.
- Gathered business requirements and product specifications from clients and then worked with other engineers to estimate work efforts and timelines.
- Researched and learned new technologies to improve our team's abilities to take on new projects, such as working with AWS or alternative tech stacks.
Senior Support Engineer
- Developed a web dashboard and CLI to analyze, automate, and detect issues in production applications.
- Provided support to server admins managing Java applications on their Linux servers using MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, and Oracle and assist to upgrade and migrate between platforms.
- Supported high-tier Atlassian clients with the installation and migration of Confluence and Jira applications on Linux software.
- Onboarded and trained new team members and helped them easily get integrated and welcomed to the team and skilled in important technical areas.
- Contributed to improving department standards through case reviews, analyzing trends in recurring or long-standing support cases, and solving the root causes, such as outstanding bugs, improving tools, or better training materials.
- Resolved top-tier support cases, especially for high-profile clients with over 100,000+ active enterprise users in a critical uptime environment.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Developed several web application dashboards and command-line tools, to analyze, manage, and administer applications from UNIX/Linux file systems to SQL databases, and APIs.
- Supported engineers and project leaders through all phases of software development, from prototyping ideas to deploying to production.
- Identified and developed software solutions to the most high-risk and high-cost problems, saving the company literally hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Worked closely with product owners, project leaders, and engineering to ensure smooth operations in a critical uptime environment.
- Developed innovative support tools to eliminate or minimize the most high-risk and high-cost problems.
- Improved collaboration, communication, teamwork, and job satisfaction greatly in a previously high-stress and suboptimal team working environment.
- Onboarded, trained, mentored, and continued to contribute to helping new team members and existing team members learn new technologies and continue their personal growth and career development.
- Built my reputation as a hard worker, a team player, and a go-to resource for various topics. I was often requested by name to work on particular projects or teams based on my reputation in the company.
- Received numerous bonus awards and recognition for continuing to go above and beyond.
- Earned the promotion to the senior role after learning and excelling quickly, learning and sharing additional tools and techniques as technology advanced, innovating, improving teamwork, and solving problems above and beyond the expected scope.
Senior Customer Support Analyst
- Supported full-stack web applications for financial institutions and third-party vendors using API integrations in a SaaS platform.
- Developed support tools and processes for identifying and resolving website application issues.
- Received the Analyst of the Year award with votes from 30+ of my peers for always helping others in the department and company.
- Got promoted to a senior position for helping others, improving processes, and general knowledge sharing as well as taking the extra time to become a product expert and providing my knowledge and problem-solving techniques to others.
- Initiated and took on additional projects focused on eliminating customer pain points, reducing support issues and time-to-resolution by nearly 20% overall, saving over a half million in expenses annually.
- Contributed to fostering a well-balanced, high-performing team with a focus on collaboration, communication, and accountability. Our team became the one for other teams to model.
- Gained expertise and led other team members in the products and services I specialized in, and focused on high-tier clients with unique technical challenges.
- Speareaded and promoted several team building and community activities.
Growth and Retention Specialist
- Provided consultations to existing clients to improve their marketing campaigns, improving their results by 2-5x.
- Engaged and followed up with clients to present statistics before and after our marketing campaigns.
AXA Insurance Company Applications to Get Quotes, Pay, and Manage Insurance Policieshttp://www.axa.com.sg
I built this web application to provide convenience and simplicity and reduce the manual effort for existing tasks.
• Website configuration changes
• Monitor application logs for events such as restarts, memory errors, etc.
• Automate the manual process to backup and restore client data
• Quickly visualize relevant info from multiple sources
• GUI tools to interact with existing APIs
• Analyze and display data from a variety of SQL databases
• UNIX/Linux command line tools
• Shell scripts in Bash, KSH, Python, and Perl
• SQL databases
• REST APIs
Language Learning Platform
Simplified Search Tool, Web Scraping, Data Collection, and Automated Notifications
Proprietary Configuration Management Tools
Next.js, Express.js, Redux, Flutter, Cypress, MUI (formerly Material UI), Jest, Ant Design
React, Node.js, REST APIs, Amazon API, Google API, Google Speech API, Google Speech-to-Text API, Stripe, React Redux
Front-end, MERN Stack, Online Banking, Digital Banking, APIs, Full-stack, Axios, Containers, RESTful Web Services, Component Libraries, UI Development, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Operating Systems, IT Security, Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Sociology, Psychology, Social Communication, Speech to Text, Text to Speech (TTS), Web Scraping, HTML Parsing (Cheerio), Shell Scripting, Unix Shell Scripting, Document Parsing, Agile Practices, Web Technologies, Cross-functional Collaboration, Software Troubleshooting, Vi, Teamwork, Innovation, Leadership, Communication, IT Support, App Support, Troubleshooting, Teams, Fintech, Digital Payments, HTML Parsing, Systems
Mongoose, Git, JSX, Apache, Vim Text Editor, Jenkins, Figma, Shell
Agile, Automation, REST, Agile Project Management, Scrum, Microservices, Testing
Firebase, Heroku, Linux, Amazon EC2, Raspberry Pi, Unix, Web, Oracle, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS
MongoDB, Database Management, IBM Informix, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Banking & Finance
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
California Lutheran University - Thousand Oaks, California
Associate's Degree in Liberal Arts
Moorpark College - Moorpark, California
Node.js with React: Full-stack Web Development
Node.js, Express.js, and MongoDB Dev to Deployment