Verified Expert in Engineering
Mobile and Full-stack Developer
David has nearly two decades of experience as an engineer (C++ and OpenGL), web developer, and mobile app developer. Over the course of his career, he has served as the CTO of a small logistics startup (seven years) and contracted for a large church, improving their website and media offering (two years).
MacOS, Android Studio, Node.js, PHP, Flutter, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Express.js, Elasticsearch, CakePHP, React
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was making the API, Android and iOS mobile apps, and admin web app, Bible Matters, for a client with over 10,000 talks and videos.
- Developed an algorithm to produce a production calendar to control and maximize the farm's output, allowing the user to set the crop type, quantity, and harvest date required depending on the available capacity.
- Built a front end to automate the processes related to growing crops on the farm, such as seeding, germination, growing, and harvesting, from robotic movement of trays of crops to environment control like lighting, humidity, airflow, and irrigation.
- Created an alerting and messaging system similar to Twitter with mentions and hashtags to allow workers at the farm to communicate with each other effectively.
Contract Software Developer
St Helen's Bishopsgate
- Developed an API to interface with a resource library of 10,000+ talks and videos with a search facility and admin web app for uploading content.
- Developed mobile apps for users to consume talks, videos, PDFs, and a YouTube live stream.
- Developed an Apple TV app to play all video content.
- Developed smart speaker apps (Amazon Echo and Google Assistant) for users to consume and search for audio content.
- Developed a multi-channel platform—web, iOS, and mobile—for users to be able to add tracking numbers for parcels, view their status, and interface with couriers to communicate delivery preferences.
- Built an algorithm to optimize courier routes given address postcodes and delivery time slots.
- Created interfaces to gather tracking information from 20+ different couriers via their API and website.
- Developed a physics model for a driving simulator with realistic suspension, acceleration, and braking for learner drivers and drivers of heavy good vehicles.
- Developed realistic artificially intelligent traffic to mimic the behavior of surrounding cars whilst driving a virtual car; e.g. lane-changing, obeying traffic lights.
- Made an engine that could create 3D models from terrain data with low polygon meshes for the ground, buildings, and roads.
Flutter, Express.js, CakePHP, Bootstrap, Next.js
REST APIs, Node.js, Google APIs, React, YouTube API, Vimeo API, OpenGL, Socket.IO, Nexmo, Stripe API
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, iOS, Firebase, AWS Lambda, Apple TV
Android Studio, Logstash, Sequelize
Computer Vision, Medical Imaging, Electrical Engineering, 3D Graphics, Amazon Echo, Serverless
Master's Degree in Engineering
Cambridge University - Cambridge, UK