Software Developer2021 - PRESENTVertical Future
Technologies: React, Serverless, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, Sequelize
- Developed an algorithm to produce a production calendar to control and maximize the farm's output, allowing the user to set the crop type, quantity, and harvest date required depending on the available capacity.
- Built a front end to automate the processes related to growing crops on the farm, such as seeding, germination, growing, and harvesting, from robotic movement of trays of crops to environment control like lighting, humidity, airflow, and irrigation.
- Created an alerting and messaging system similar to Twitter with mentions and hashtags to allow workers at the farm to communicate with each other effectively.
Contract Software Developer2018 - 2020St Helen's Bishopsgate
- Developed an API to interface with a resource library of 10,000+ talks and videos with a search facility and admin web app for uploading content.
- Developed mobile apps for users to consume talks, videos, PDFs, and a YouTube live stream.
- Developed an Apple TV app to play all video content.
- Developed smart speaker apps (Amazon Echo and Google Assistant) for users to consume and search for audio content.
CTO2009 - 2016ParcelSpace Ltd
- Developed a multi-channel platform—web, iOS, and mobile—for users to be able to add tracking numbers for parcels, view their status, and interface with couriers to communicate delivery preferences.
- Built an algorithm to optimize courier routes given address postcodes and delivery time slots.
- Created interfaces to gather tracking information from 20+ different couriers via their API and website.
Software Engineer2003 - 2008XPI Simulation
Technologies: C++, OpenGL, 3D Graphics
- Developed a physics model for a driving simulator with realistic suspension, acceleration, and braking for learner drivers and drivers of heavy good vehicles.
- Developed realistic artificially intelligent traffic to mimic the behavior of surrounding cars whilst driving a virtual car; e.g. lane-changing, obeying traffic lights.
- Made an engine that could create 3D models from terrain data with low polygon meshes for the ground, buildings, and roads.