Xamarin Developer in Zagreb, Croatia
Member since October 9, 2013
Davor is an advocate of Agile methods, and he is typically involved in every project stage from planning and architecture to coding/testing. He easily transfers know-how to team peers, while thinking both strategically and out of the box.
Senior Software Architect2016 - PRESENTInsolitus Vermis d.o.o.
Technologies: Azure, MS SQL, ASP.NET Core, EF.Core, APIs, iOS, Android
- Implemented cloud-based APIs consumed by mobile applications with data stored in Azure MS SQL.
- Implemented cross-platform applications using Xamarin.
- Optimized and restructured MS SQL databases for better performance.
CEO/Developer2013 - 2016Insolitus Vermis d.o.o. – Chameleon 2
Technologies: C#, Xamarin, JNI
- Started working on Chameleon 2, a Xamarin-based framework for creating applications in C# for Android/iOS/WindowsPhone/Windows from same codebase. Basic operations (play sound, open file, etc.) are supported on all platforms. Application creation is currently supported for Android and Windows (WPF). This enables faster application development, as it is not necessary to constantly test on device. Most of the time, testing on a developer’s computer is sufficient, not to mention dramatically faster.
Freelance Developer2013 - 2013Zipato
Technologies: Java, FFmpeg, Android
- Rewrote and upgraded an Android application for smart home system called Zipato.
- Fixed existing bugs, added drag-n-drop support for reordering list items, and added support for RTSP streaming. RTSP streaming was done using FFmpeg and OpenGL ES to fetch, decode, and display camera streams.
CEO/Developer2008 - 2009Savršen Plan d.o.o. – Chameleon
Technologies: Objective-C, XML, iOS
- Created Chameleon, an iOS/Objective-C framework for creating simple applications using XML, with a goal to enable designers to create iOS applications without any programming knowledge.
- Created custom UI component SmartLabel, capable of displaying text in more than one color/font/size/style. All attributes can be defined in an XML-like syntax.
CEO/Developer2007 - 2007Savršen Plan d.o.o. – Cropper
- Created Cropper, an application for cropping photos in a customizable number of different aspect ratios with the ability to modify and preview all cropped versions while at same time reducing photo manipulation time to 1/6 of initial time.
CEO/Developer2006 - 2006Savršen Plan d.o.o. – J2ME Automated Build System
Technologies: VBA, J2ME
- Created an automated build system with photo content resizing and compression to meet different maximum application size limits on various J2ME devices.
Developer2005 - 2006Private Content-based Website CMS
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, T-SQL
- Developed a CMS from scratch using C#, ASP.NET, and MS SQL.
Project Manager2004 - 2004Omega Software d.o.o.
Technologies: C#, T-SQL
- Led a team of 12 developers in transition from Visual Basic to C#.
- Started the process of restructuring developed ERP system and introducing new development technologies while maintaining compatibility with an existing codebase.
- Directly worked on adapting the system to support data replication between tens of MS SQL servers.
Project Manager2001 - 2003Ve-mil d.o.o.
Technologies: C++, T-SQL
- Supported an existing ERP system based on MS SQL Server.
- Created an Excel+VBA reporting solution with automated data retrieval from MS SQL as a fix for the lack of reporting in existing ERP system.
- Created new ERP system using MS SQL Server and Borland C++ Builder.
Oracle Developer2000 - 2000Plus Plus d.o.o.
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL
- Created insurance applications using Oracle tools.
Developer1999 - 1999Incendo d.o.o./VIPnet d.o.o
Technologies: C++, MS SQL, MS Access
- Created a GSM network development tracking tool using MS SQL, MS Access, and Borland C++ Builder.
Developer1996 - 1999Filex d.o.o.
Technologies: C++, FileMaker Pro, 4th Dimension
- Computer game (presidential elections) developed in C++ for Apple Macintosh.
Frameworks.NET, Android SDK, ASP.NET
Libraries/APIsFacebook API, PayPal API
ToolsOneNote, AWS ECS, Microsoft Visual Studio, AppCode, MSBuild, MySQL Workbench, Adobe Photoshop, Git Flow, GitHub, Trello, Eclipse IDE, Git, Adobe Illustrator
ParadigmsREST, Refactoring, Agile Software Development, Unit Testing, Cross-platform, Generic Programming, Dependency Injection, Incremental Development, Model View Controller (MVC), Continuous Integration (CI), Metaprogramming
PlatformsAzure, iOS, Android, Xamarin, Windows, NetBeans, Windows Phone, Oracle
StorageDatabases, JSON, AWS S3, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, MySQL Server, MySQL DBA, MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL
OtherAPIs, RESTful APIs, Domain-driven Design (DDD), IoC, Excel to MySQL, User Interface (UI), Maps, Location Services, IIS
- B.Sc. degree in Computer engineering1995 - 2003Department of Mathematics, University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia
- Silver medal degree in Algorithmic programming1995 - 1995International Olympiad in Informatics - Netherlands