Tech Lead - Senior Web Developer2020 - PRESENTGeoPhy
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, Vue 2, Mapbox, GitLab CI/CD, PostgreSQL, Team Leadership, Agile Software Development, Full-stack
- Worked on the website's map that displays potentially millions of data points using Mapbox.
- Implemented various new features and maintained a large-scale codebase.
- Successfully managed the software development lifecycle, managed risk and expectations, and managed team members.
Senior Web Developer/Architect2020 - 2020Memehead
Technologies: Laravel, PHP, Vue, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Newsfeeds, Full-stack
- Designed the architecture and built the entire social network website as a single developer.
- Implemented and designed an advanced score-based newsfeed algorithm using Elasticsearch. This enabled the newsfeed to deliver hundreds of ranked posts in milliseconds.
- Designed and implemented various standard social media features, like likes and comments, with scalability in mind.
Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2020Firsthand (via Toptal)
- Maintained and improved a complex system powered by a custom PHP framework. The system is used by the world's leading universities and hundreds of thousands of users.
- Adapted successfully to the existing legacy code and helped modernize parts of it.
- Optimized slow-running queries and improved legacy code performance.
- Achieved a near-real-time search on big data sets by implementing and improving various features using Apache Solr.
- Contributed across the entire application stack, including complex custom PHP, REST API, and AngularJS (v1.x).
Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2020Online Print Fulfillment Service (via Toptal)
Technologies: eCommerce, REST APIs, Laravel, Vue 2, MySQL, PHP 7, PHP, Full-stack
- Created a custom eCommerce system for a popular online print-on-demand service based on their existing legacy system.
- Designed the architecture to support hundreds of thousands of products utilizing an efficient database design and custom entity-attribute-value model.
- Implemented a proper REST API supported by Laravel.
- Created a complex ordering form and other parts of the system in a Vue.js single-page application.
CTO/Lead Developer2017 - 2020The English Quiz
- Designed the architecture of the system.
- Developed the server-side API in Laravel and the client-side SPA in AngularJS.
- Worked on fraud detection features (remote proctoring).
- Integrated with various third-party services and APIs (Azure AI, IBM Workday, and SmartRecruiters).
- Recorded browser audio/video with WebRTC.
- Oversaw system scaling and load balancing.
- Maintained the server stack (AWS EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFlare, and Route 53).
- Automated testing with Selenium and PHPUnit.
- Cooperated with various international enterprises.
Front-end Developer2019 - 2019Evolve (via Toptal)
Technologies: Vuetify, Vue CLI, Vuex, Vue, Full-stack
- Refactored architecture of an enterprise level app.
- Successfully navigated through old legacy codebase with minimum guidance.
- Developed complex technician scheduling component.
Lead Developer2015 - 2017Postblazer SaaS
- Created the architecture of the system.
- Implemented various scheduling algorithms.
- Optimized the database for millions of records and high I/O.
- Worked on designing various scheduling algorithms.
PHP Developer2013 - 2014BBI
- Designed the architecture of an online POS system.
- Implemented offline capabilities with in-browser (deprecated) WebSQL database.
- Created advanced DB syncing mechanism between offline WebSQL and central server DB as system had to be available at all times and had to work without any delays.
- Worked on inventory tracking and auto re-ordering system.
- Optimized the UI for various handheld devices and touch screens.
- Maintained the server stack based around Ubuntu/Nginx/MySQL.
- Optimized the UX with Vue.js 1.0 to make the system intuitive and easy to use.
WordPress Theme Developer2011 - 2013Self-employed
- Converted PSD designs into custom WordPress themes.
- Created a WordPress option panel which powered the themes and made them very flexible.
- Enhanced default WordPress functionality by using custom post type API, custom taxonomies and similar WordPress core features.
- Created jQuery sliders, galleries and various interactive UI elements to go along with custom theme design and features.
- Was involved in the process of publishing themes on popular WordPress theme marketplaces.
- Provided tech support to end customers.
Web Developer2009 - 2011Freelancer
- Worked on various basic tasks like PSD to HTML conversions, CSS tweaks and edits, minor PHP scripts, and WordPress theme customizations.