Dejan is a highly motivated full-stack developer with a decade of experience working in teams of all sizes. He's adept at joining projects at an early stage, planning the architecture of the system, executing the plan, and scaling it for a high number of concurrent users. In addition to his technical skills, he can also provide valuable business insight during the development stage.
Git, PhpStorm, Ubuntu
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is a computer vision project which was used for road sign recognition.
Tech Lead - Senior Web Developer
- Worked on the website's map that displays potentially millions of data points using Mapbox.
- Implemented various new features and maintained a large-scale codebase.
- Successfully managed the software development lifecycle, managed risk and expectations, and managed team members.
Senior Web Developer/Architect
- Designed the architecture and built the entire social network website as a single developer.
- Implemented and designed an advanced score-based newsfeed algorithm using Elasticsearch. This enabled the newsfeed to deliver hundreds of ranked posts in milliseconds.
- Designed and implemented various standard social media features, like likes and comments, with scalability in mind.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Firsthand (via Toptal)
- Maintained and improved a complex system powered by a custom PHP framework. The system is used by the world's leading universities and hundreds of thousands of users.
- Adapted successfully to the existing legacy code and helped modernize parts of it.
- Optimized slow-running queries and improved legacy code performance.
- Achieved a near-real-time search on big data sets by implementing and improving various features using Apache Solr.
- Contributed across the entire application stack, including complex custom PHP, REST API, and AngularJS (v1.x).
Senior Full-stack Developer
Online Print Fulfillment Service (via Toptal)
- Created a custom eCommerce system for a popular online print-on-demand service based on their existing legacy system.
- Designed the architecture to support hundreds of thousands of products utilizing an efficient database design and custom entity-attribute-value model.
- Implemented a proper REST API supported by Laravel.
- Created a complex ordering form and other parts of the system in a Vue.js single-page application.
The English Quiz
- Designed the architecture of the system.
- Developed the server-side API in Laravel and the client-side SPA in AngularJS.
- Worked on fraud detection features (remote proctoring).
- Integrated with various third-party services and APIs (Azure AI, IBM Workday, and SmartRecruiters).
- Recorded browser audio/video with WebRTC.
- Oversaw system scaling and load balancing.
- Maintained the server stack (AWS EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFlare, and Route 53).
- Automated testing with Selenium and PHPUnit.
- Cooperated with various international enterprises.
Evolve (via Toptal)
- Refactored architecture of an enterprise level app.
- Successfully navigated through old legacy codebase with minimum guidance.
- Developed complex technician scheduling component.
- Created the architecture of the system.
- Implemented various scheduling algorithms.
- Optimized the database for millions of records and high I/O.
- Worked on designing various scheduling algorithms.
- Designed the architecture of an online POS system.
- Implemented offline capabilities with in-browser (deprecated) WebSQL database.
- Created advanced DB syncing mechanism between offline WebSQL and central server DB as system had to be available at all times and had to work without any delays.
- Worked on inventory tracking and auto re-ordering system.
- Optimized the UI for various handheld devices and touch screens.
- Maintained the server stack based around Ubuntu/Nginx/MySQL.
- Optimized the UX with Vue.js 1.0 to make the system intuitive and easy to use.
WordPress Theme Developer
- Converted PSD designs into custom WordPress themes.
- Created a WordPress option panel which powered the themes and made them very flexible.
- Enhanced default WordPress functionality by using custom post type API, custom taxonomies and similar WordPress core features.
- Created jQuery sliders, galleries and various interactive UI elements to go along with custom theme design and features.
- Was involved in the process of publishing themes on popular WordPress theme marketplaces.
- Provided tech support to end customers.
- Worked on various basic tasks like PSD to HTML conversions, CSS tweaks and edits, minor PHP scripts, and WordPress theme customizations.
Laravel, Bootstrap, Bulma, Angular, Vuetify, AngularJS, Ionic, Electron
Vue, Facebook API, Vue 2, Node.js, jQuery, Vuex, REST APIs, WebRTC, Twitter API
Gulp, NGINX, Webpack, Vagrant, PhpStorm, Git, Vue CLI, Docker Compose, Solr, Apache Solr, GitLab CI/CD
Agile Software Development, Testing, Unit Testing
MySQL, MariaDB, InfluxDB, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redis
APIs, Full-stack, Cordova, System Administration, Scaling, eCommerce, Team Leadership, Newsfeeds
Linux, Docker, Ubuntu, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Mapbox
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Elektronski Fakultet - Nis, Serbia