Verified Expert in Engineering
React and Full-stack Developer
Dhaval has specialized in React front-end development for innovative edtech and staffing companies for the past six years. He has 10+ years of experience architecting and coding web applications that serve millions of registered users. Dhaval is a go-getter with a strong work ethic, and people enjoy working with him. He has a bachelor's degree in computer engineering.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Slack, GitHub, MacOS, iTerm2, Postman, Architecture, Event-driven Architecture
The most amazing...
...website I've built has scaled to serve five million users. I built this from scratch for Intern Theory.
Tactus Therapy Solutions Ltd.
- Developed front end and back end of the goals feature that allows patients to structure their goal using smart goal assistant.
- Made significant improvements to the way terms and conditions were presented to users.
- Collaborated with the CTO in scoping the work, discussing how the UI/UX flow could be improved, and finalizing the Jira tickets.
- Managed a team of 10 people, providing architectural directions on building and scaling the dashboard for users to analyze, generate, and distribute their ads.
- Created titles and bodies for advertisements using a state-of-the-art GPT-3 model, which consisted of the best keywords evaluated using deep learning.
- Implemented an interpretable ML model based on the random forest regressor to analyze crucial text and media features. The model recommended the impact of these features on CTR, CPC, and CPR, increasing reach.
- Used the Google Slides API to create automated reports that included top media advertisements and creative insights.
- Implemented an image similarity model to match identical images and videos with an accuracy of up to 95%. Dissected the trained weights of the VGG image object classifier and extracted feature vectors from the image dataset to evaluate similar images.
- Extracted the frames from the first second of each video and then compared them with frames from the other parts.
- Implemented a machine learning model based on historical data of advertisements using the Shapley value. This model helped clients reduce their return on ad spend (ROAS) by 18%.
- Created end-to-end computer vision solutions to extract features from ads.
- Created end-to-end data pipelines to gather data from the Google Ads, TikTok Ads, and Reddit Ads API and applied feature engineering techniques to extract meaningful insights.
- Built APIs and database architecture for the entire application and initiated the conversion to a microservices architecture.
Senior Full-stack Developer for Finance Content/Broadcast Platform
Trade Arcade, Inc
- Helped build the backend of the platform and helped scale the platform to be able to handle a million concurrent live stream viewers.
- Built the backend for features like chat, subscriptions, and live streams.
- Refactored the code to be more performant, maintainable, and scalable.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Built a content platform where users can add content like Wikipedia.
- Crafted a custom Rich Text editor and enabled everything that was available on the platform.
- Established relationships between content using Neo4J so that all content can be connected using a graph database.
Shippo - Main
- Helped initiate the integration of our label purchase widget with a leading eCommerce platform, and the aim was to build a widget that will run on an eCommerce company's site.
- Oversaw clearing the technical debt, ensuring that the MonoRepo is scalable and maintainable; converted legacy dependencies to modern ones and also created central configs for new packages and existing ones.
- Aided the team with the PRs and provided technical guidance when someone was stuck.
- Architected and built products for internal and external users and ensured that all products could be scaled to 100x.
- Developed learn.masaischool.com, a learning management system, including the React front end and back-end APIs in Laravel.
- Built onwards.masaischool.com, which is now onboard.masaischool.com: architected the solution and developed some back-end Python APIs, the migration logic, and several React components.
- Created the masaischool.com website, the entry point to the ecosystem for non-registered users.
- Managed the CI/CD pipelines and led, trained, and mentored a team of around 18 engineers.
- Oversaw the building of the project's complete tech as a co-founder with the goal to enable co-working from pubs, lounges, restaurants, etc.
- Built all the APIs using Laravel, GraphQL, and MySQL and a mobile application in React Native using Expo.
- Contributed to project planning and designs and UI/UX workflows and ensured that a strong MVP was built.
Online Freelance Agency (Self-employed)
- Architected the company's core platform and developed most of its UI with React and some APIs in Python FastAPI.
- Oversaw CI/CD pipelines and AWS deployments and managed two freelancers who assisted in coding different parts of the application.
- Enabled clients to define the requirements for open positions, post jobs, find matching candidates, schedule meetings, and complete the process from posting to hiring.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built much of the core website for erosnow.com in Vue.js and some APIs in Python Django.
- Created the reel component on the homepage and the subscription component.
- Performed code reviews and mentored junior developers.
Head of Technology
- Led the development of a career platform, from scratch, that helped millions of students apply to 10,000+ companies to get their dream jobs or internships and take courses that were built in-house.
- Architected the entire product and developed numerous front-end components in React and several APIs built with Laravel.
- Oversaw deployments and CI/CD pipelines while managing, training, and mentoring a team of five in building this product to scale to millions of users.
Head of Technology
Mindlip Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Helped scale the company from 2 people to over 50 and created processes for hiring, project management, and mentoring programs. We successfully handled multiple clients at a time.
- Built architectures for most of the projects and also spent approximately 20% of my time actively coding every day.
- Oversaw project delivery and day-to-day resource management.
Masai School Websitehttps://masaischool.com/
Online Freelance Agency
Intern Theory Career Solutionshttps://www.interntheory.com/
Laravel, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, React Native, Tailwind CSS, Angular, NestJS, Redux, Express.js, Next.js, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), OAuth 2, Swagger, Cypress, MUI (Material UI), Bootstrap, AngularJS, Vue SSR, PHPUnit, Jest, Ant Design, Serverless Framework, Ruby on Rails 5, FeathersJS, CodeIgniter
React, Vue, Node.js, Python API, REST APIs, OpenAPI, JSON API, ActiveRecord, Sidekiq, Stripe, Vue 2, Pandas, Redis Queue, Socket.IO
GitHub, Webpack, AWS ELB, NGINX, Git, Sequelize, Front-end Build Tools, Jira, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), PhpStorm, Slack, Postman, React Apollo, Figma, Amazon CloudFront CDN, WebView, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Navicat, Expo, AWS Fargate, Celery, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Bitbucket, Amazon SageMaker
Automated Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Microservices Architecture, Microservices, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile, DevOps, Web Architecture, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Asynchronous Programming, Kanban, Unit Testing, Scrum, Design Patterns, Database Design, Automation, ETL, Gang of Four (GOF) Design Patterns, Serverless Architecture, Event-driven Architecture, Lambda Architecture, HIPAA Compliance
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Web, Amazon EC2, Linux, MacOS, Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Apache Kafka, Firebase, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Kubernetes, Azure, Blockchain
MySQL, PostgreSQL, JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases, Data Pipelines, Redis Cache, MongoDB, Neo4j, NoSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Amazon Aurora, Oracle RDS
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
University of Mumbai - Mumbai, India