Verified Expert in Engineering
Eduard has spent 15 years working on the IT system behind the distribution of the results of the Olympic Games. His experience ranges from project management to development in different languages. He's a passionate developer of Android applications since 2011—creating and publishing apps under the brand Poquesoft with more than 500,000 downloads in the Google Play Store.
Git, Gradle, Android Studio, Native Mobile Apps, Flutter
The most amazing...
...professional experience I’ve had was being part of, for more than 15 years, the Olympic Games—from Salt Lake 2002 to Rio 2016.
Spanish Publc Unemployment Service
- Designed and taught a course named "Introduction to Flutter Development."
- Guided and supervised students in the learning process.
- Oversaw the projects built by the students to ensure they could complete them in the required time with the expected quality.
- Served as a CTO and partner of a startup that helps football clubs to organize and plan their season.
- Contributed to the project management and development of the ClubControl app for Android and iOS using Flutter.
- Helped to build a mobile app based on Flutter using Firebase as back end.
- Developed and published several Android and iOS applications under Poquesoft which is my branding for personal projects.
- Built an app for the management of sports tournaments. It has been used by more than 3 million tournaments and has more than 500,000 downloads in Google Play Store. The last version of this app is built with Flutter and published for Android and iOS.
- Created Quiniela para Android, an app to follow Spanish Football Lotto, Quiniela, and also many football competitions. It has more than 500,000 downloads and a rating of 4.2/5 with more than 7,000 reviews in the Google Play Store.
- Helped the existing development team build the Newsfy app in Flutter.
- Created pixel-perfect Flutter screens from the Figma designs provided.
- Provided Flutter consultancy to assist with best practices on Flutter development.
Public Safety Mobile App
- Developed a public safety mobile app to help emergency personnel deal with high-risk situations safely. The app was built in Flutter with extensive use of Google Maps for both Android and iOS versions.
- Worked on publishing the apps on both Google Play and Apple App Store, implementing Fastlane to improve building and publishing.
- Implemented various features, including secure authentication requirements and a chat functionality.
- Worked as a freelance developer—collaborated with OpenTrends on the project ABSIS3-ADAM, the Android Development Framework used as a base to develop apps for the Spanish bank CaixaBank.
- Supported the architecture of Android libraries to cover the everyday needs of CaixaBank apps as REST calls, security (encryption, secure communications), or remote configurations.
- Worked in a team of four Android developers and created and distributed the base modules so that other suppliers only had to focus on creating new features. Our mission was to make the work of other teams easier.
- Supported CaixaBank's suite of applications, including CaixaBank (with more than 5 million downloads in Google Play), ImaginBank, and CaixaBank Pay.
- Worked with clean architecture techniques in a development environment focused on continuous integration and agile methodologies.
- Worked as a freelance developer and collaborated with Bebop Studio on an app for the Spanish telecom MasVoz.
- Improved the stability and compatibility of the BizPhone VoIP Android app.
- Implemented PJSIP libraries on the BizPhone app, using Android NDK.
Application Product Manager, Olympic Project
- Managed several applications for the distribution of the results to the media for the Olympic Games in Beijing 2008, Vancouver 2010, London 2012, Sochi 2014, and Rio 2016.
- Oversaw and had full responsibility for the whole software life-cycle—ensuring that the applications were developed according to customer requirements in terms of functionality, availability, and service levels.
- Defined the apps' functionality to meet customer expectations.
- Supported architecture documentation, technical specifications, test strategy, and test scenarios.
- Coordinated with the development team the content of each delivery and with the testing team the different testing phases of managed applications.
- Ensured that the delivered applications are in accordance with its specifications and all the deliverables are produced according to the defined quality standards and service levels.
- Managed the defect management and change management process evaluation which entailed—getting approval and tracking the delivery statuses of application changes and defects.
- Provided support for the integration team in the host city and ensured that their needs are met.
- Supported on-site the operation of the Olympic Games in the host cities, starting two months before the games.
PRD/RDF Application Manager, Torino 2006 Olympic Project
- Managed, tested, and successfully deployed a print distribution system (PRD) and results from a data feed system (RDF) for the Torino 2006 Olympic Games in a position based in Torino, Italy.
- Obtained user acceptance certification from the World News Press Agencies for RDF and Torino 2006 Organizing committee for PRD.
- Supported the PRD and RDF during the Olympic test events, multi-sport tests, technical rehearsals, disaster recovery tests, and homologation tests.
- Supported the operation of both apps during the games. All printed reports were distributed on time across multiple Olympic venues, and all RDF messages were distributed to the world news press agencies within the service-level agreement.
Java Software Developer, Olympic Project
- Supported onsite the operation of PRD and RDF applications during the Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Games (January/February 2002).
- Led a three-person team for the operation of PRD and RDF applications on Athens 2004 Olympic Games. We responsible for the distribution of printed reports to Olympic Venues and for the distribution results data feed to the World News Press Agencies.
My Tournaments Apphttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/my-tournaments/id1482633666
Initially created as a Native Android app, it was rebuilt from scratch with Flutter, also creating the iOS version.
Public Safety Mobile App
Role: Flutter Developer
Quiniela for Androidhttp://quiniela-app.net/
Rating: 4.4/5 with more than 4,000 reviews in Google Play
Nestlé IT Innovation
The application was a proof of concept for an app used to collect data for machine learning applications. The development work included a Flutter application (for Android and iOS) and a Firebase back end, which involved authentication, database, storage, functions, analytics, and the ML Kit.
Rating: 4.3/5 with more than 700,000 reviews in Google Play
The development was done from scratch using Kotlin, replicating the iOS version of the libraries and applications, focusing on performance and stability.
The challenge was creating an architecture based on an internal SDK used in several TravelStorys apps developed by TravelStorysGPS.
Features included REST API, GPS positioning, background audio playback, and in-app purchases.
Java, Dart, Kotlin, C++, PHP
Android SDK, Flutter
Android Studio, Git, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Gradle, Trello, Google Cloud Messaging, Crashlytics, Firebase Analytics, Firebase Authentication, Jenkins, MoPub, Android NDK, Xcode, Moodle
App Development, Mobile Development, Cross-platform
Android, Firebase, Ubuntu, Mobile, iOS
Android Development, Mobile Apps, Native Mobile Apps, Google Play Store, Mobile App Development, Mobile Applications, Cross-platform App Development, Android Emulators, AdMob, Mobile Ads, Google AdMob, Operations Management, Functional Design, Operations, Product Management, Unix Shell Scripting, ML Kit, Firebase Cloud Functions, Mobile GPS, App Store, IT Project Management, Mobile App UI, IT Operations, IT, Test Protocol Design, High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Software Development, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematical Analysis, Learning
Firebase Android SDK, REST APIs, Google Gson, Google Maps SDK, Google Maps
JSON, Firebase Realtime Database
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
University of Barcelona - Barcelona, Spain