Verified Expert in Engineering
Emre is a full-stack Java, React, and Ember.js developer with 12 years of experience adding business value for employers and clients. He also developed a card game that was acquired by a world-renowned company after it rose to the top of its category on Facebook. Emre excels at creating highly available, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable systems. He leverages his broad experience and skills to see the big picture and dive deep to deliver solutions.
IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Postman, Slack, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Figma, Spring Boot
The most amazing...
...product I've developed is a card game that became the most popular game in its category on Facebook and was acquired by a world-renowned company.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed payroll features, including payroll processing, transaction management, expense reimbursements, integration of payment systems, end-of-service offboarding, and letter requests.
- Participated in the architectural discussions on migrating the existing front-end application from Ember.js to React and TypeScript.
- Implemented the features that enabled the company to expand to other countries and added i18n and localization support to the front-end codebase.
- Detected and fixed N+1 selects problems in back-end queries and introduced ArchUnit tests to prevent later misuses. Added query metrics for each endpoint and made them trackable from Datadog. These decreased the PostgreSQL workload by 40%.
- Enhanced the module dependencies, reducing the application build time by 40% and startup time by 70%. These improvements also enhanced the developer experience.
- Supported the hiring and onboarding of new team members.
Software Architecture Developer
Ministry of Labor and Social Security
- Designed and developed the continuous integration and deployment infrastructure and workflow for software development projects.
- Developed SSO infrastructure using Keycloak and integrated it with existing applications.
- Built a digital signature Java application as a service and integrated it with existing applications.
- Designed and developed central log management using the ELK stack.
- Worked on a project to provide work permits for foreigners as a full-stack developer using React and Spring Boot.
- Troubleshot critical problems on several projects. One of my solutions for a long-term problem eliminated the annual cost of the private network provided by ISPs.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Played a pivotal role in evaluating the technology stack to kickstart a project to develop a data and process management system for the Republic of Turkey Energy Market Regulatory Authority.
- Designed and developed an infrastructural framework for targeting dynamic form generation using JSON Schema for UI models and database entities to support the rapid development of features.
- Integrated other external and internal software systems by exposing and consuming SOA and REST web services for .NET and Java systems.
- Managed and orchestrated service integrations with WSO2 Enterprise Service. Bus (ESB) for authentication, logging, routing, and transforming payloads.
- Designed and implemented a custom headless CMS to integrate with a client's Joomla-based website.
Co-founder | Full-stack Developer
- Published a traditional card game on Facebook with 600,000+ monthly active users, which a world-renowned company acquired.
- Designed and developed the front end of the game with ActionScript using Adobe Flex (now Apache Flex) as the development environment. Used XMLSocket for real-time communication with the game server.
- Designed and developed a custom non-blocking game server from scratch with Netty.
- Designed and developed a bot player model using the paranoid search algorithm. The bots were assigned to games when one of the players left. This approach increased the game completion and retention rates.
Work Permit for Foreigners
Data and Process Management System for Energy Market Regularity Authority
• Developed the web UI, which supports dynamic forms regarding the submitted data type.
• Created and created generic Excel/CSV file readers and validators to help users import their data in those formats.
• Integrated other software systems by exposing and consuming SOA and REST web services for .NET and Java systems.
Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Ember.js, Netty, Adobe Flex, Unity, PrimeFaces, MUI (Material UI), OAuth 2, JSF, Activiti BPM, Apache MINA
React, Socket.IO, WebRTC, React Redux, TA-Lib, Sockets, Apache POI, Facebook SDK
IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Postman, Slack, Zoom, Confluence, GitHub, GitLab, Figma, Bamboo, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS IAM, Keycloak, JBoss Drools, Camunda BPM, NGINX, Terraform, Gradle, Apache Maven, YourKit, ELK (Elastic Stack), RabbitMQ, Bitbucket, Eclipse RCP
Architecture, Web Services, WSO2, WebLogic, Amazon API Gateway, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), Digital Signatures, Single Sign-on (SSO), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), SOAP, XML Web Services, P2P
Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), CMMI, Agile Project Management
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Oracle Database, AWS Lambda, JEE, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Amazon EC2, Drone CI
Relational Databases, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Datadog, MongoDB, JBoss AS
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Hacettepe University - Ankara, Turkey
Certified Expert Java Web Services Developer
CMMI for Development 1.3
Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer