Verified Expert in Engineering
Eric is a former World Oil Award finalist with over seven years' experience developing applications on the .NET platform, including 2+ years in .NET Core and Angular 4+. He is a great communicator and has recently been promoted to scrum master and product development manager. He is currently the leader of a team of four and is increasing velocity every sprint while developing a new groundbreaking product.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, Visual Studio 2022
The most amazing...
...project I've completed is building an enterprise software from the ground up, serving thousands of customers in a contested market while gaining market share.
- Redesigned and built an old software platform on today's technologies from the ground up.
- Led the scrum team and drove process improvements.
- Created an automated deployment pipeline for eight different websites and platforms.
- Engineered custom ASP.NET MVC tag helpers to template material design HTML, saving thousands of lines of code.
- Delivered a minimally viable product to the customer in two weeks to enable their eCommerce system on our platform.
- Designed custom bearer token authentication and authorization for .NET Core API.
- Developed and deployed a mobile app, enabling customer check-in, image delivery, and customer communications as an extension of our main product line.
- Built a new product line to enable customers to sell existing inventory online through our platform using Angular, .NET, NgRx, Azure, and Nx.
Fortune 100 North American Construction Equipment Manufacturer (via Toptal)
- Built a full suite of automation tests for continuous integration.
- Developed a back-end API for uploading and manipulating customer data to deliver value for the customer.
- Implemented string matching algorithm to perform millions of computations quickly and efficiently. Improved previous algorithm performance time by over 700%.
- Built Azure continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Engineered global sales tool using NgRx and Angular 8 quickly and efficiently.
ExxonMobil (via TopTal)
- Served as the technical lead of team in designing and building a global reporting system.
- Rebuilt Windows Form application into web application using Angular and ASP.NET Core.
- Engineered in-house Angular UI component library to support the web application.
- Implemented 100% test coverage from back-end to front-end.
- Employed declarative programming methods using RXJs to build high-performing OnPush Angular components.
Senior Software Developer
- Implemented Web Forms in C# .NET to display custom SSRS reports to the web.
- Augmented and maintained production e-commerce site serving over 30 customers.
- Converted legacy WebForms platform to .NET MVC using dependency injection.
- Redesigned and built enterprise software from the ground up.
- Implemented company-wide best practices to reduce support burden and improve delivery time.
- Produced maintainable, testable object-oriented designs for an ASP.NET MVC 5 web application.
- Lead unit testing implementation across multiple teams to achieve high code coverage.
- Started weekly design pattern meetings to enhance the team’s object-oriented design capabilities.
- Created Web APIs to service other platforms and our own application.
- Built in house socket-based chat application to solve business needs and expedite customer service.
- Engineered gateways to connect and import oil and gas data into situational awareness PSIM (Situator, NICE Systems) to add contextual information to process workflows.
- Developed administrative applications to assist in configuration the TOPS system quickly and efficiently using C#.
- Conceived solution to save customers thousands of dollars per month by reducing the required bandwidth of streaming a video camera over satellite networks.
- Created custom SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports to retrieve information in a more user-friendly format than vendor provided.
- Diagnosed network complications in vendor software while passing data through the Baker network and provided recommendations for upgrading from .Net Remoting to WCF to solve the issue.
Workspace Geek handles thousands of customers every day and will reach into the tens of thousands within the next three years. Because of the large increase in users and in the size of the database, building for scale is critical and baked into every design decision I make.
The website is built using best practices in agile development (scrum) and the latest technologies. I am the head of product development for Workspace Geek and completely overseeing the project.
Donut Chart Vanilla JS Web Component
This donut chart is part of a larger suite of dashboard-type components. The project will eventually lead to an encapsulated dashboard control that allows full customization over what charts the user can see, drag and drop for ease of use and much more.
.NET Core, Angular, Angular Material, Entity Framework Core, Bootstrap 3+, ASP.NET MVC, Ionic, ASP.NET Web API, AngularJS, ASP.NET Core, Express.js, Vanilla JS
Communication, Organization, Front-end Development, Software Development, Freelancing, Visual Studio 2022, Architecture
Entity Framework, RxJS, NgRx, Windows Forms (WinForms), Moq, Node.js
xUnit, TeamCity, Git, Visual Studio 2019, Mongoose
Scrum, Agile Software Development
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Azure PaaS, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering
Texas A&M University - College Station, TX
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
Amazon Web Services