Verified Expert in Engineering
Django, Web Scraping, Linux, Python
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on was a production-ready piece of trading software for electronic options market-makers.
Cloud Architect | Python Developer | DevOps
Luxury Goods Corporation (via Toptal)
- Implemented AWS CloudSearch.
- Built and deployed a fully automated document import process with AWS Lambda and Textract.
- Designed automated-testing and deployment pipelines via GitLab CI/CD.
CTO | Tech Lead
- Built a back-end system for managing existing customers. Used Django APIs and Laravel full sites.
- Wrote all of the sales copy and marketing materials for acquiring new clients.
- Developed back-end systems to automate client's marketing strategies (primarily over Instagram) and also did custom Python package work.
- Architected unique content assessment/detection system.
- Managed a fully distributed team and regularly reviewed code via GitHub/Trello.
- Worked with an open souce PHP library to perform different automations on social media.
CTO | Tech Lead
Cite Medial Solutions
- Managed a fully distributed technical team.
- Built and deployed an MVP from 0 to profitability.
- Conducted active code reviews and managed tasks via GitHub/Trello.
- Oversaw several hiring cycles of developers.
- Built a Django back end to store article and research data.
- Wrote multiple Selenium browser automation scripts to search for and upload results to the back end.
CTO | Partner
- Managed a remote team to get the project MVPs launched.
- Facilitated code reviews on GitHub and Trello.
- Implemented updates including the PayPal payment processing for music purchases and an infrastructure migration to Heroku and AWS.
Founder | Operating CTO
- Built an online dashboard service to improve treatment capabilities for speech-language pathologists.
- Managed a remote team of developers to build a Unity 2D game targeted towards children with developmental disabilities.
- Continued to manage all technical staff and review code via GitHub/Trello.
Trading Advisory Service (via Toptal)
- Developed an autonomous alerting system based on a Django back end.
- Built admin dashboard for client (Django).
- Integrated with TD Ameritrade API to automatically receive market data and trade executions.
- Wrote custom integrations for the client's funnel using front-end scripts and Zapier automation.
- Developed an integration for Stripe to verify customer subscription status.
- Built custom theme views and functions on Thinkific to suit the client's desired workflow.
- Leveraged Thinkific API to enhance the subscriber experience.
Technical Consultant | Temporary CTO
An App Company
- Took feature ideas from the founding team and turned them into technical specifications for a remote development team.
- Oversaw the committed code and reviewed the documentation.
- Delivered functioning features to production by operating within the company's existing workflow/processes.
Ticket Platform Automation - Research
- Implemented various types of automation on ticket sales platforms.
- Build several automated workflows for the ticket broker.
- Performed extensive research on optimizing scrapers and automated purchasing of inventory.
An eCommerce Company
- Built a distributed system from the ground up to monitor pricing across Amazon marketplaces.
- Documented and built a team to manage further updates.
- Deployed improvements on a weekly basis.
Lead Developer | Web Scraper Developer
Trading News Service
- Built a multitude of web scrapers to detect news events.
- Maintained server environment to continuously run web scrapers at the shortest intervals possible.
- Oversaw the proxy network, analytics, and performance checking.
- Built the front end with React and Firebase hosting to view the scraping results.
Web Scraper Developer
Charity Sales Organization
- Developed a complete web scraping system for lead discovery.
- Ran distributed Linux server environment.
- Built a Django back end to process lead data.
- Wrote Selenium and PhantomJS scrapers to crawl various sites.
- Worked with Hubspot API to manage new leads and contacts.
- Helped improve and maintain a large web-scraping environment.
- Built and managed web services to support digital ad collection.
- Wrote various Chrome plugins.
- Used MS SQL for database storage and wrote daily queries for reporting/troubleshooting purposes.
- Maintained a 50+ physical server Linux environment with Ansible.
- Wrote multiprocessing jobs in Python to utilize CasperJS and PhantomJS for web scraping.
No Measure Ventures
- Built an iOS application from scratch that enables booking of spa services from licensed/verified mobile professionals.
- Wrote and continued to manage all payment processing Python web services/servers needed to operate production apps.
- Maintained a virtual server environment with Ansible and live monitoring services.
- Performed work for clients in various web technologies (PHP, AngularJS, WordPress).
- Wrote and deployed highly available web services in Node.js and Python (Flask).
- Built a transaction email infrastructure using Flask and the MailGun API.
- Managed and was responsible for all networking/DNS related troubleshooting; added DKIM/SPF records to improve IP reputation as well as issued/managed all SSL certificates for the various web services.
C# Developer | Systems Engineer
- Worked with a small team to improve a trading platform for options market markers/traders.
- Pushed new features/bug-fixes daily to production.
- Built and modified a front-end trading GUI based on feedback from traders.
- Worked directly with traders to understand their needs and build features to enhance profitability.
- Maintained physical trading servers and assisted in more complex troubleshooting tasks.
- Supported a large virtualized server environment using VMware.
- Worked daily with enterprise storage devices (NetApp and DellEqualLogic).
- Built and maintained a mass emailing SMTP server environment using Postfix; managed IP reputations and worked with ISPs to increase campaign effectiveness.
- Created and maintained Ansible processes used for configuration management and maintenance of all Linux servers.
- Performed onsite data center work and physical hardware troubleshooting/repair in multiple co-locations.
Linux Server and Desktop Administrator
- Supported all the onsite trading hardware and applications.
- Handled and was responsible for builds and decommissions of trading servers.
- Built a Nagios monitoring system for in-house device service checking.
Food Truck King
Premise was an app for ordering "to-go" from food trucks that are nearby. Streamline order/pickup process on the trucks with a proprietary tablet app.
I managed a remote development team to build a hybrid mobile app and accompanying tablet app.
Trade The News | Scraper and Dashboard
Technologies: React. Google Firebase
Django, Selenium, Flask, Unity2D, React Native, Django REST Framework, Chrome, AngularJS, Scrapy, Laravel
Flask-RESTful, Instagram API, Django ORM, Stripe Connect, Stripe API, Node.js, PhantomJS, Windows Forms (WinForms), Stripe, React, Amazon MWS, Braintree API, WordPress API
B2B, Agile Software Development
Linux, Mailgun, Linux RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu Linux, Ubuntu, iOS, Windows, Heroku, Firebase, AWS Lambda, WordPress
Ubuntu Server, Web Scraping, Scraping, Screen Scraping, Stripe Payments, Data Scraping, Server Administration, Instagram Marketing, CTO, APIs, Scope Management, Software Development, Software Development Management, Team Management, People Management, Engineering Management, Chrome Extensions, BrainTree, Trading, Trading Applications, Browsers, HubSpot, Amazon CloudSearch, Algorithmic Trading
CasperJS, Postfix, Braintree SDK, Ansible, VMware, Mongoose, Zapier, Nagios
MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, NetApp, MSSQLCE
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
DePaul University - Chicago, IL, USA