Python Developer in Chicago, IL, United States
CTO | Partner2017 - PRESENTTheNew.FM
Technologies: Node.js, AngularJS, Heroku
- Managed a remote team to get the projects' MVP launched.
- Facilitated code reviews on GitHub and Trello.
- Implemented updates including the PayPal payment processing for music purchases and an infrastructure migration to Heroku and AWS.
Founder2015 - PRESENTSpeechbytes
Technologies: AngularJS, Unity 2D
- Built an online dashboard service to improve treatment capabilities for speech language pathologists.
- Managed a remote team of developers to build a Unity 2D game targeted towards children with developmental disabilities.
Software Developer2016 - 2017Market Track
- Helped improve and maintain a large web-scraping environment.
- Built and managed web services to support digital ad collection.
- Wrote various Chrome plugins.
- Used MS SQL for database storage and wrote daily queries for reporting/troubleshooting purposes.
- Maintained a 50+ physical server Linux environment with Ansible.
- Wrote multiprocessing jobs in Python to utilize CasperJS and PhantomJS for web-scraping.
Lead Developer2015 - 2017No Measure Ventures, LLC
Technologies: iOS Development, AngularJS, Objective-C, Stripe Payment Processing, Python, Flask
- Built an iOS application from scratch that enables booking of spa services from licensed/verified mobile professionals.
- Wrote and continued to manage all payment processing Python web services/servers needed to operate production apps.
- Maintained a virtual server environment with Ansible and live monitoring services.
- Performed work for clients in various web technologies (PHP, AngularJS, WordPress).
- Wrote and deployed highly available web services in Node.js and Python (Flask).
- Built a transaction email infrastructure using Flask and the MailGun API.
- Managed and was responsible for all networking/DNS related troubleshooting; added DKIM/SPF records to improve IP reputation as well as issued/managed all SSL certificates for the various web services.
C# Developer | Systems Engineer2014 - 2016Foxo Trading
Technologies: C#, Windows Forms, Linux, Python, Bash
- Worked with a small team to improve a trading platform for options market markers/traders.
- Pushed new features/bug-fixes daily to production.
- Built and modified a front-end trading GUI based on feedback from traders.
- Worked directly with traders to understand their needs and build features to enhance profitability.
- Maintained physical trading servers and assisted in more complex troubleshooting tasks.
Systems Engineer2013 - 2016DePaul University
Technologies: Linux, Python, Ansible, VMware, Dell EqualLogic, NetApp, Bash, Postfix
- Supported a large virtualized server environment using VMware.
- Worked daily with enterprise storage devices (NetApp and DellEqualLogic ).
- Built and maintained a mass emailing SMTP server environment using Postfix; managed IP reputations and worked with ISPs to increase campaign effectiveness.
- Created and maintained Ansible processes used for configuration management and maintenance of all Linux servers.
- Performed onsite data center work and physical hardware troubleshooting/repair in multiple co-locations.
Linux Server and Desktop Administrator2011 - 2013Jump Trading
Technologies: Linux, Windows, Python, Nagios, Bash
- Supported all the onsite trading hardware and applications.
- Handled and was responsible for builds and decommissions of trading servers.
- Built a Nagios monitoring system for in-house device service checking.
- Kneadit Chicago (Development)
An iOS application connecting customers with a licensed and verified massage therapist in the Chicago area.
- Speechbytes (Development)
An iOS game and web dashboard product that enables speech language professionals to assign fun and interactive homework to their clients via an iPad game.
- TheNew.FM (Development)
TheNew.FM is a platform for independent musicians and fans of new music. The intent is to provide fans with an endless stream of new music while also giving artists a platform to sell their music (and keep the vast majority of the profit).
Libraries/APIsFlask-RESTful, Stripe Connect, Stripe API, Node.js, PhantomJS, Braintree API, WordPress API
PlatformsLinux, Mailgun, WordPress, Linux RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu Linux, Ubuntu
OtherUbuntu Server, Web Scraping, Scraping, Screen Scraping, Stripe Payments, Data Scraping, Server Administration, Chrome Extensions, Selenium Automation, BrainTree, Trading, Algorithmic Trading
FrameworksSelenium, AngularJS, Django, Scrapy
ToolsCasperJS, Postfix, Braintree SDK, Ansible, VMware, Mongoose
StorageMongoDB, NetApp, MSSQLCE
ParadigmsAgile Software Development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2010 - 2014DePaul University - Chicago, IL, USA