Cloud Architect | Python Developer | DevOps2020 - PRESENTLuxury Goods Corporation (via Toptal)
Technologies: Heroku, AWS Lambda, Django, Amazon CloudSearch, Python
- Implemented AWS CloudSearch.
- Built and deployed a fully automated document import process with AWS Lambda and Textract.
- Designed automated-testing and deployment pipelines via GitLab CI/CD.
CTO | Tech Lead2018 - PRESENTGram Advisors
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, Python
- Built a back-end system for managing existing customers. Used Django APIs and Laravel full sites.
- Wrote all of the sales copy and marketing materials for acquiring new clients.
- Developed back-end systems to automate client's marketing strategies (primarily over Instagram) and also did custom Python package work.
- Architected unique content assessment/detection system.
- Managed a fully distributed team and regularly reviewed code via GitHub/Trello.
- Worked with an open souce PHP library to perform different automations on social media.
CTO | Tech Lead2017 - PRESENTCite Medial Solutions
Technologies: Linux, React, Selenium, Python
- Managed a fully distributed technical team.
- Built and deployed an MVP from 0 to profitability.
- Conducted active code reviews and managed tasks via GitHub/Trello.
- Oversaw several hiring cycles of developers.
- Built a Django back end to store article and research data.
- Wrote multiple Selenium browser automation scripts to search for and upload results to the back end.
CTO | Partner2017 - PRESENTTheNew.FM
Technologies: Heroku, AngularJS, Node.js
- Managed a remote team to get the project MVPs launched.
- Facilitated code reviews on GitHub and Trello.
- Implemented updates including the PayPal payment processing for music purchases and an infrastructure migration to Heroku and AWS.
Founder | Operating CTO2015 - PRESENTSpeechbytes
Technologies: Unity2D, AngularJS
- Built an online dashboard service to improve treatment capabilities for speech-language pathologists.
- Managed a remote team of developers to build a Unity 2D game targeted towards children with developmental disabilities.
- Continued to manage all technical staff and review code via GitHub/Trello.
Developer2019 - 2019Trading Advisory Service (via Toptal)
Technologies: Trading Applications, Zapier, Django, Python
- Developed an autonomous alerting system based on a Django back end.
- Built admin dashboard for client (Django).
- Integrated with TD Ameritrade API to automatically receive market data and trade executions.
- Wrote custom integrations for the client's funnel using front-end scripts and Zapier automation.
- Developed an integration for Stripe to verify customer subscription status.
- Built custom theme views and functions on Thinkific to suit the client's desired workflow.
- Leveraged Thinkific API to enhance the subscriber experience.
Technical Consultant | Temporary CTO2019 - 2019An App Company
Technologies: Django REST Framework, Linux, WordPress, React Native
- Took feature ideas from the founding team and turned them into technical specifications for a remote development team.
- Oversaw the committed code and reviewed the documentation.
- Delivered functioning features to production by operating within the company's existing workflow/processes.
Ticket Platform Automation - Research2018 - 2019Ticket Broker
Technologies: Browsers, Chrome, Python, Selenium
- Implemented various types of automation on ticket sales platforms.
- Build several automated workflows for the ticket broker.
- Performed extensive research on optimizing scrapers and automated purchasing of inventory.
Tech Lead2018 - 2019An eCommerce Company
Technologies: Amazon MWS, Linux, Django, Python
- Built a distributed system from the ground up to monitor pricing across Amazon marketplaces.
- Documented and built a team to manage further updates.
- Deployed improvements on a weekly basis.
Lead Developer | Web Scraper Developer2018 - 2018Trading News Service
Technologies: Firebase, React, Django, Python, PhantomJS, Scrapy, Selenium
- Built a multitude of web scrapers to detect news events.
- Maintained server environment to continuously run web scrapers at the shortest intervals possible.
- Oversaw the proxy network, analytics, and performance checking.
- Built the front end with React and Firebase hosting to view the scraping results.
Web Scraper Developer2017 - 2017Charity Sales Organization
Technologies: HubSpot, Linux, Python, PhantomJS, Selenium
- Developed a complete web scraping system for lead discovery.
- Ran distributed Linux server environment.
- Built a Django back end to process lead data.
- Wrote Selenium and PhantomJS scrapers to crawl various sites.
- Worked with Hubspot API to manage new leads and contacts.
Software Developer2016 - 2017Market Track
- Helped improve and maintain a large web-scraping environment.
- Built and managed web services to support digital ad collection.
- Wrote various Chrome plugins.
- Used MS SQL for database storage and wrote daily queries for reporting/troubleshooting purposes.
- Maintained a 50+ physical server Linux environment with Ansible.
- Wrote multiprocessing jobs in Python to utilize CasperJS and PhantomJS for web scraping.
Lead Developer2015 - 2017No Measure Ventures
Technologies: Stripe, iOS, Flask, Python, Objective-C, AngularJS
- Built an iOS application from scratch that enables booking of spa services from licensed/verified mobile professionals.
- Wrote and continued to manage all payment processing Python web services/servers needed to operate production apps.
- Maintained a virtual server environment with Ansible and live monitoring services.
- Performed work for clients in various web technologies (PHP, AngularJS, WordPress).
- Wrote and deployed highly available web services in Node.js and Python (Flask).
- Built a transaction email infrastructure using Flask and the MailGun API.
- Managed and was responsible for all networking/DNS related troubleshooting; added DKIM/SPF records to improve IP reputation as well as issued/managed all SSL certificates for the various web services.
C# Developer | Systems Engineer2014 - 2016Foxo Trading
Technologies: Bash, Python, Linux, Windows Forms, C#
- Worked with a small team to improve a trading platform for options market markers/traders.
- Pushed new features/bug-fixes daily to production.
- Built and modified a front-end trading GUI based on feedback from traders.
- Worked directly with traders to understand their needs and build features to enhance profitability.
- Maintained physical trading servers and assisted in more complex troubleshooting tasks.
Systems Engineer2013 - 2016DePaul University
Technologies: Postfix, Bash, NetApp, VMware, Ansible, Python, Linux
- Supported a large virtualized server environment using VMware.
- Worked daily with enterprise storage devices (NetApp and DellEqualLogic).
- Built and maintained a mass emailing SMTP server environment using Postfix; managed IP reputations and worked with ISPs to increase campaign effectiveness.
- Created and maintained Ansible processes used for configuration management and maintenance of all Linux servers.
- Performed onsite data center work and physical hardware troubleshooting/repair in multiple co-locations.
Linux Server and Desktop Administrator2011 - 2013Jump Trading
Technologies: Bash, Nagios, Python, Windows, Linux
- Supported all the onsite trading hardware and applications.
- Handled and was responsible for builds and decommissions of trading servers.
- Built a Nagios monitoring system for in-house device service checking.