Java Developer in Barranquilla - Atlantico, Colombia
Software Developer2015 - PRESENTQuadLogic
Technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, AngularJS, OpenLayers, Mapfish
- Redeveloped core features of the legacy parcel administration application into the new application using AngularJS.
- Simplified and restructured the application's front-end architecture to use AngularJS best practices.
- Implemented a series of custom directives in order to make the application's custom theme based on Material Design to be compatible with AngularJS.
- Restructured an OpenLayers map application in order to make it work with AngularJS. Encapsulated and abstracted the behavior of the application into custom directives and services.
- Handled the implementation of automatic and manual PDF printing capabilities for the OpenLayers map in the application using Mapfish's server.
Technical Lead2015 - 2016LocalContenect
- Developed new features on the back-end of the application using Java SE 8 and the Wisdom framework.
- Supported the release process of new versions for the application using Docker under AWS EC2.
- Developed backup and restore policies for the OrientDB Document database used to store the application data.
- Maintaned the application and fixed bugs reported by the users. Handled special cases with the backend services.
- Developed new features for the user interface (external user search, simplified verification scores, etc.).
Project Director/Software Architect2014 - 2015StackPointer SAS
- Coordinated most software development projects and implemented good practices.
- Led a CMMI standard level 3 implementation in the company.
- Assisted in the development of a hybrid mobile application for both iOS and Android.
- Implemented a robust back-end for mobile services for an integrated platform.
- Assisted in the architecture design of enterprise applications using single-page applications and fast user interfaces.
- Implemented good practices for software design and architecture using Agile approaches and lite-documentation techniques.
Technical Lead2013 - 2014StackPointer SAS
Technologies: Java EE, Java SE, Oracle 11g
- Architected a migration of a multi-module Java EE application from Java EE 5 to Java EE 6.
- Developed the redesign of an older application into a modern web application using JSF and Primefaces.
- Developed and maintained features for multiple enterprise applications in Java EE.
- Developed a Java EE Web Services back-end for a customer integrating legacy software.
- Developed a lighweight web application to handle a client's employee access to its facilities.
- Taught Java certification oriented courses to members of the organization.
- Consulted and helped implement a software development model using Java EE for another Company looking to change its development technologies and refocus on modern development practices.
Software Developer2010 - 2013StackPointer SAS
Technologies: Java, Java EE, Glassfish, WebLogic, Oracle 11g, Oracle Application Server
- Supported an enterprise change request management system implemented in JSP with an Java EE back-end.
- Developed and JSF application to handle budget constraints for a provisioning network company (In 3 countries).
- Developed an ADF Faces application that handles user access for a big mining company.
- Supported a big application that handles billing to the services of an ISP company.
- Designed and developed a reverse auctioning (tailored for services and products for big companies from small providers) web application using JEE for a venturing startup.
Freelance Software Developer2009 - 2010Carbones del Cerrejon Limited
Technologies: Java Java EE Python Oracle 10g
- Designed, developed, and architected a project management system oriented towards budget monitoring and contractor's work management.
- Designed several Python modules for handling automation tasks of restructuring billing data for contractors.
- Led migration efforts to move project data from hundreds of Excel files to IBM Rational Project Manager.
- Developed a small Java application to handle time management for project managers.
- Developed a small Java application that connected to a Python module to generate costs reports in several network computers.
- MESH LRCM (Development)
Software to handle RCM analysis and maintenance data monitoring for big companies that operate using mobile or static equipment in its factories and workshops
- AMIGO - Project Monitoring and Budget Control System (Development)
Award winning system in Carbones del Cerrejón Limited that enchances project managers' productivity by allowing them a tight control on their projects budget and their contractors activities and expenses as well as handling payment bills synchronization with their ERP.
FrameworksJUnit, PrimeFaces, JPA, JSF, Swagger, Django, Ember.js, Play Framework, Spring MVC, Spring, AngularJS, Knockout.js, ADF, Bootstrap
ToolsApache Tomcat, GitHub, Git, Subversion (SVN), Maven, WildFly, Sublime Text 3, VirtualBox, Vagrant, Eclipse IDE
ParadigmsIterative Programming, Scrum, REST, Functional Programming, Waterfall Development, Agile Software Development
PlatformsJSE, JavaFX, Android, Java EE, NetBeans, AWS EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenShift, Docker
OtherWeb Services, Software Architecture, EJB, GlassFish, Angular Bootstrap, Facial Recognition, Project Management
Libraries/APIsOpenCV, Node.js, Puppet.js
StorageOracle 11g, MongoDB, PL/SQL Developer, MySQL
- Bachelor of Science/Engineer's degree in Computer Engineering2003 - 2008Universidad del Norte - Barranquilla, Colombia