- DevOps EngineerSiboTest2017 - PRESENT
Technologies: Docker, Ansible, Nginx, Jenkins, MySQL, Ruby on Rails
- Dockerized a Ruby-on-Rails app.
- Designed a new, robust microservice architecture.
- Installed and configured Jenkins to automate builds.
- Automated the deployment by using Ansible.
- Managed the SSL keys.
- Senior Software EngineerG4S2017 - 2017
Technologies: Linux, Ubuntu, Python, Python3, C++, C++11, Git, Docker, DBus
- Added new features to an access control system written in C++11 and Python 3.
- DevOps EngineerCisco2016 - 2017
Technologies: Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Python, Coverity, Jenkins, Black Duck, Continuous Integration, Scrum, Bash, Python, iptables/Netfilter, NMap, Git, Rally, VMware ESXi, vSphere Web Client, Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana, ELK, Rally
- Worked as part of the system team—releasing STB software to a major EU broadcaster.
- Helped design and implement a black box STB test framework written in Python.
- Set up and maintained a variety of software tools to enable the smooth running of the continuous integration and development/testing work.
- Set up Coverity static analysis and nightly automation using Jenkins.
- Set up Black Duck open source code matching.
- Configured Nagios and set up of NRPE with custom Git checks.
- Implemented various Cron/Jenkins jobs in Bash/Python to automate tasks.
- Installed and configured a DHCP server.
- Worked within a scrum process with 6 weeks iterations, and the team was spread over 3 countries.
- Worked with a code base with 20 million+ lines of code.
- Detected and responded to system problems.
- Release ManagerV-Nova2015 - 2016
Technologies: C++, C++11, Linux, Git, H.264, Agile, Scrum, STL, Boost, Ftrace, KernelShark, MPEG-TS
- Worked on the Perseus-based contribution encoder.
- Acted as the link (release manager) between the development and the product teams.
- Translated high-level business requirements into technical requirements.
- Established timelines and work breakdown structures in collaboration with the development team.
- Reported on the progress on a weekly basis and detected and reported impeding difficulties.
- Devised an agile process with weekly iterations (based on scrum).
- Changed the supplier of video cards to a cheaper product with much better support.
- Coded new features; including debugging and fixing of bugs and also integrated a TS muxer.
- Senior Software EngineerOvation Systems Ltd2013 - 2015
Technologies: C, ARM9, Embedded Linux, Git, H.264, FLV, SQLite
- Worked on the next generation of surveillance camera running on ARM9 with embedded Linux.
- Designed and developed the subsystems managing the date/time, mass storage, and multiplexing of the audio (AAC) and video (H.264) into a Flash file (FLV).
- Implemented automated unit-testing for the above subsystems.
- Senior Software EngineerSamsung2013 - 2013
Technologies: OpenGL, WebKit
- Investigated and analyzed the performance of the OpenGL stack for webkit.
- Lead Software Engineere2v2011 - 2013
Technologies: C++, Project Management, Team Leading, Software Architecture, TI DSP TMS320F28335, BeagleBone, Embedded Linux, SVN, Redmine, UML, TCP/IP, XML, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422, Code Composer Studio, Embedded C, ASM, Bare Metal, DOORS
- Worked on a modulator for a radiotherapy cancer treatment machine.
- Worked with a team of 15 people (including five who were under my direct management).
- Developed software that controls the modulator, from requirements to specifications, design, implementation, unit tests, and integration tests.
- Made all the critical decisions: choosing the programming language (C++), software compilation suite, coding standards, and RTOS vs bare metal.
- Defined C++ coding guidelines adapted to this high-integrity software.
- Designed the software architecture, including the structure of a 1 kHz control loop with hard real-time requirements.
- Verified the progress against time estimates and regularly reported to the project manager.
- Demonstrated successfully a proof of concept.
- Software EngineerAB Tools2010 - 2010
Technologies: C, Icecast, HTTP, MP3, AAC
- Made modifications to the Icecast MP3 server to seamlessly insert audio ads for internet radio.
- Software EngineerMegger2009 - 2010
Technologies: Green Hills Systems, Rhapsody, C++, C#, Win32 API, Visual Studio, Agile, UML, MS Project, C, Integrity, .NET, U‑Boot, SQLite, USB
- Worked on the next generation of a portable appliance tester running on Integrity.
- Designed and developed some GUI screens and widgets.
- Designed and developed C++ classes to access SQLite databases; also designed the database schemas.
- Proposed an agile iterative software development process; it was partially adopted.
- Developed a USB printer class driver.
- Developed a Win32 PC application allowing the user to upgrade the PAT SW.
- Developed various device drivers: SPI driver, RTC driver, keyboard driver, and more.
- Made some modifications in U-Boot.
- Developed a .NET PC application to automate the programming of boards.
- Software EngineerAmino2007 - 2009
Technologies: C, IPTV, MPEG-2, CA, Embedded Linux, Linux Kernel, ST7109
- Performed various jobs on the next generation of IPTV STB, including a CA integration and MPEG Demux driver.
- Software EngineerImagination Technologies2006 - 2007
Technologies: C, SHOUTcast, RTSP, RTP/RTCP, RDT, GStreamer, Linux, MP3, WMA, ASF, Real Media, GLib
- Integrated GStreamer to the next generation of digital radios able to play internet audio streams.
- Developed the following: an RTSP/RTP/RDT stack, ASF Demux, Real Media Demux, and a HTTP streaming client.
- Software EngineerNXP Semiconductors2006 - 2006
Technologies: C, Montavista, Linux Kernel, MIPS, JTAG, Serial Lines, Continuous
- Upgraded some software drivers from an old STB to a new one running on Linux.
- Software EngineerNDS2006 - 2006
Technologies: C, DirecTV, PVCS, ST20, MIPS, JTAG, ARM9, Lauterbach, MPEG-2
- Developed some test tools to test STB drivers that wwere developed by STB manufacturers for the US digital TV market.
- Software EngineerEzurio2005 - 2006
Technologies: C, Green Hills System, Interpeak TCP/IP, ARM7, WiFi
- Developed various software components for a tiny WiFi board.
- Delivered successfully an SW—allowing the demonstration of the smallest WiFi board on the market to a key trade exhibition.
- Networking Software EngineerSagem2004 - 2005
Technologies: C, Embedded Linux, Linux Kernel, VxWorks, Ethernet, TCP/IP, MIPS
- Wrote for an ADSL modem a Linux Bluetooth API calling VxWorks.
- Developed an ethernet bridge making use of the network processor.
- Software EngineerPhilips CE2003 - 2004
Technologies: C, VxWorks, USB, Continuus, MIPS, TriMedia, CMM level 3, EJTAG
- Worked on the next generation of high-end Philips Digital TV.
- Integrated the VxWorks USB stack.
- Developed various plug-ins.
- Software EngineerReuters Financial Software2003 - 2003
Technologies: C++, TIBCO Rendezvous, Hawk, Oracle, Solaris, STL, Design Patterns, CVS
- Maintained a server providing access services to an Oracle database.
- Validation ManagerMBDA2002 - 2002
Technologies: C, CVS, TCP/UDP/IP, MIL-STD-498, VxWorks, Linux, Solaris, RPM, Team Lead
- Managed the validation of a test bench of a missile launching system.
- Software EngineerPhilips MP4NET2001 - 2002
Technologies: C, C++, RTSP, RTP/RTCP, Shell Script, CVS, Linux, Solaris, TCP/UDP/IP, RPM
- Developed a network tool to replicate a distant video session.
- Maintained a video streaming server.
- Software EngineerAlcatel Optronics2000 - 2001
Technologies: C, PIC 16F877, IAR Complier Tools, MPLAB Emulator, Oscilloscope
- Developed software that was embedded on transmitting laser chips to control the laser's wavelength.
- Software EngineerSagem1998 - 2000
Technologies: C, Linux, TI C31, DOS, Serial Links, Shell Script, XFree86, RPM, CVS, Solaris
- Developed various software modules embedded on military vehicles and planes.