Senior Site Reliability Engineer2020 - PRESENTTraderev
Technologies: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Python, Node.js, Vue.js, Kafka
- Supported online auction platform operations.
Cloud Engineer2017 - PRESENTiTMethods
Technologies: Ansible, Terraform, AWS Code Suite, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudbees Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise
- Worked on mass migration project focused on AWS as a destination.
- Used the infrastructure as a code to support client deployments.
- Created multiple pipelines to build and deploy applications on different environments.
Senior Infrastructure Analyst2015 - 2017Mobicare
Technologies: Python, Shell, Ansible, AWS, Docker, New Relic, ECS, HAProxy
- Made heavy utilization of AWS services; including but not limited to API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, OpsWorks, Athena, Kinesis, RDS, and Data Pipeline.
- Architected and led the development of in-house log analysis tool—reducing fault detection time and recurrent error analysis from hours to two-to-five minutes; also fit in an executive tool for performance analysis over time.
- Architected and developed an in-house MySQL permission audit and schema versioning system.
- Architected, engineered, and maintained scalable, highly available, automated environments—leveraging multiple AWS services (ASG, CloudWatch, LB, RDS, S3) to be operated with minimum human interference.
- Introduced the Airbnb SmartStack tool Synapse—making ASG’s viable without an ALB/ELB and fitting both legacy and desired architecture. The effect was that I reduced the host's utilization costs by 50%.
Infrastructure Analyst2015 - 2015Mobicare
Technologies: Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy, Nginx, Cacti, MySQL, FreeRADIUS
- Managed and maintained the environment's equalization using Ansible which in turn reduced the problems caused by discrepancies between developers, QA, HML, and PROD.
- Worked as the lead on several in-house to AWS migration projects.
- Acted as the sysadmin of complex in-house developed Java applications—reaching over 200 million customers with 50,000 RPM API calls on 50+ distributed services.
- Architected and implemented a MySQL multi-master replication solution with Corosync and Pacemaker.
- Used heavily open source software like Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy, Nginx, Cacti, MySQL, FreeRADIUS, and AWS services (EC2, S3, EB, ELB, RDS, and ELS).
Project and Delivery Analyst2014 - 2014Techmaster
Technologies: Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, PRTG, VMware, Xen
- Made heavy use of virtualization services (VMware, Xen).
- Worked as the lead of several network connectivity projects (multiprotocol label switching, local area network, and wide-area network).
- Supported the L3 portion on network and Unix systems.
- Planned and implemented the monitoring systems—focusing on open source tools (Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, PRTG).
Network Specialist2012 - 2014Nova Rio Ltda
Technologies: H3C, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Cacti, Nagios, Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Performed network security analysis and reports.
- Reformulated a five-year-old project and implemented a ten GB backbone with ring architecture and my bachelor's degree final year project (Open Shortest Path First).
- Tuned the network performance and handled a QoS (quality of service) implementation.
- Managed and was responsible for all the network monitoring systems.
Intern2012 - 2012Universidade Federal Fluminense
Technologies: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Network File System (NFS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Squid, pfSense
- Architected and implemented a thin client solution for 52 computer labs—focusing on outdated computer re-utilization.
- Acted as the lead on a viability study on a WiFi solution for five campuses with 30+ buildings using Fortinet proprietary solution (FortiGate and FortiAP).
- Implemented an OCS inventory system on over 500 nodes.
- Upgraded and standardized an existing monitoring system (Cacti and Nagios).
- Acted as a sysadmin—heavily focusing on free/open-source systems (LDAP, NFS, DHCP, Squid, and pfSense).