Fernando Eugenio Marcos Teixeira
Verified Expert in Engineering
AWS Certified Solution Architect Developer
Fernando is a technology enthusiast with more than ten years of experience in IT, seven of which are in AWS-built environments. Always driven by measurable metrics and big value efforts, he is a generalist with a great capacity and focus on aggregating context and can take deep dives into specific topics when problems arise and solutions are needed. Fernando believes leading by example and attentively coaching is the only way to multiply the impact on an organization.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Python, Terraform, Go, Argo CD, Kubernetes, OpenTelemetry
The most amazing...
...solution I've delivered was a multi-cluster, multi-region Kubernetes deployment with a service mesh spanning across them.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Conducted infrastructure support for the online auction platform operations.
- Supported the CI/CD journey on Azure DevOps, including migration from multiple providers.
- Managed the Istio multi-master/network mesh deployment.
- Worked on a mass migration project focused on AWS as a destination.
- Used the infrastructure as a code to support client deployments.
- Created multiple pipelines to build and deploy applications in different environments.
Senior Infrastructure Analyst
- Made heavy utilization of AWS services; including but not limited to API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, OpsWorks, Athena, Kinesis, RDS, and Data Pipeline.
- Architected and led the development of in-house log analysis tool—reducing fault detection time and recurrent error analysis from hours to two-to-five minutes; also fit in an executive tool for performance analysis over time.
- Architected and developed an in-house MySQL permission audit and schema versioning system.
- Architected, engineered, and maintained scalable, highly available, automated environments—leveraging multiple AWS services (ASG, CloudWatch, LB, RDS, S3) to be operated with minimum human interference.
- Introduced the Airbnb SmartStack tool Synapse—making ASG’s viable without an ALB/ELB and fitting both legacy and desired architecture. The effect was that I reduced the host's utilization costs by 50%.
- Managed and maintained the environment's equalization using Ansible which in turn reduced the problems caused by discrepancies between developers, QA, HML, and PROD.
- Worked as the lead on several in-house to AWS migration projects.
- Acted as the sysadmin of complex in-house developed Java applications—reaching over 200 million customers with 50,000 RPM API calls on 50+ distributed services.
- Architected and implemented a MySQL multi-master replication solution with Corosync and Pacemaker.
- Used heavily open source software like Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy, Nginx, Cacti, MySQL, FreeRADIUS, and AWS services (EC2, S3, EB, ELB, RDS, and ELS).
Project and Delivery Analyst
- Made heavy use of virtualization services (VMware, Xen).
- Worked as the lead of several network connectivity projects (multiprotocol label switching, local area network, and wide-area network).
- Supported the L3 portion on network and Unix systems.
- Planned and implemented the monitoring systems—focusing on open source tools (Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, PRTG).
Nova Rio Ltda
- Performed network security analysis and reports.
- Reformulated a five-year-old project and implemented a ten GB backbone with ring architecture and my bachelor's degree final year project (Open Shortest Path First).
- Tuned the network performance and handled a QoS (quality of service) implementation.
- Managed and was responsible for all the network monitoring systems.
Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Architected and implemented a thin client solution for 52 computer labs—focusing on outdated computer re-utilization.
- Acted as the lead on a viability study on a WiFi solution for five campuses with 30+ buildings using Fortinet proprietary solution (FortiGate and FortiAP).
- Implemented an OCS inventory system on over 500 nodes.
- Upgraded and standardized an existing monitoring system (Cacti and Nagios).
- Acted as a sysadmin—heavily focusing on free/open-source systems (LDAP, NFS, DHCP, Squid, and pfSense).
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Ansible, Atlassian, GitHub, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Sublime Text, Git, Apache, Apache Tomcat, NGINX, Cacti, Zabbix, Nagios, VMware, Squid, pfSense, Jenkins, Shell
DevOps, Continuous Deployment
Amazon, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Xen, New Relic, Apache Kafka
AWS Certified Solution Architect, Unix Shell Scripting, AWS Certified Developer, Argo CD, OpenTelemetry, HAProxy, FreeRADIUS, Cisco, Juniper, H3C, Fortinet Firewall Configuration, RPC, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), LDAP, NFS, CloudBees, ECS
Redis, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Paessler PRTG API, Node.js, Vue
Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
Universidade Federal Fluminense - Niterói, Brasil
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer—Professional
Splunk Core Certified Power User
AWS Certified Security - Specialty
AWS Certified Solutions Architect—Professional
Atlassian Certified JIRA Service Desk Administrator
Atlassian Certified JIRA Administrator