Senior Site Reliability Engineer2020 - PRESENTTraderev
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, Vue.js, Node.js, Python, Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS
- Supported online auction platform operations.
Cloud Engineer2017 - PRESENTiTMethods
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitHub, Jenkins, CloudBees, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS CloudFormation, AWS, Terraform, Ansible
- Worked on mass migration project focused on AWS as a destination.
- Used the infrastructure as a code to support client deployments.
- Created multiple pipelines to build and deploy applications on different environments.
Senior Infrastructure Analyst2015 - 2017Mobicare
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), HAProxy, ECS, New Relic, Docker, AWS, Ansible, Shell, Python
- Made heavy utilization of AWS services; including but not limited to API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, OpsWorks, Athena, Kinesis, RDS, and Data Pipeline.
- Architected and led the development of in-house log analysis tool—reducing fault detection time and recurrent error analysis from hours to two-to-five minutes; also fit in an executive tool for performance analysis over time.
- Architected and developed an in-house MySQL permission audit and schema versioning system.
- Architected, engineered, and maintained scalable, highly available, automated environments—leveraging multiple AWS services (ASG, CloudWatch, LB, RDS, S3) to be operated with minimum human interference.
- Introduced the Airbnb SmartStack tool Synapse—making ASG’s viable without an ALB/ELB and fitting both legacy and desired architecture. The effect was that I reduced the host's utilization costs by 50%.
Infrastructure Analyst2015 - 2015Mobicare
Technologies: FreeRADIUS, MySQL, Cacti, Nginx, HAProxy, Apache Tomcat, Apache
- Managed and maintained the environment's equalization using Ansible which in turn reduced the problems caused by discrepancies between developers, QA, HML, and PROD.
- Worked as the lead on several in-house to AWS migration projects.
- Acted as the sysadmin of complex in-house developed Java applications—reaching over 200 million customers with 50,000 RPM API calls on 50+ distributed services.
- Architected and implemented a MySQL multi-master replication solution with Corosync and Pacemaker.
- Used heavily open source software like Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy, Nginx, Cacti, MySQL, FreeRADIUS, and AWS services (EC2, S3, EB, ELB, RDS, and ELS).
Project and Delivery Analyst2014 - 2014Techmaster
Technologies: Paessler PRTG API, Xen, VMware, Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix
- Made heavy use of virtualization services (VMware, Xen).
- Worked as the lead of several network connectivity projects (multiprotocol label switching, local area network, and wide-area network).
- Supported the L3 portion on network and Unix systems.
- Planned and implemented the monitoring systems—focusing on open source tools (Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios, PRTG).
Network Specialist2012 - 2014Nova Rio Ltda
Technologies: RPC, Fortinet Firewall Configuration, H3C, Nagios, Cacti, Juniper, Cisco
- Performed network security analysis and reports.
- Reformulated a five-year-old project and implemented a ten GB backbone with ring architecture and my bachelor's degree final year project (Open Shortest Path First).
- Tuned the network performance and handled a QoS (quality of service) implementation.
- Managed and was responsible for all the network monitoring systems.
Intern2012 - 2012Universidade Federal Fluminense
Technologies: NFS, LDAP, pfSense, Squid, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Architected and implemented a thin client solution for 52 computer labs—focusing on outdated computer re-utilization.
- Acted as the lead on a viability study on a WiFi solution for five campuses with 30+ buildings using Fortinet proprietary solution (FortiGate and FortiAP).
- Implemented an OCS inventory system on over 500 nodes.
- Upgraded and standardized an existing monitoring system (Cacti and Nagios).
- Acted as a sysadmin—heavily focusing on free/open-source systems (LDAP, NFS, DHCP, Squid, and pfSense).