- Systems EngineerIndependent Consultant2010 - PRESENT
Technologies: Java, Android, Eclipse, C#, Visual Studio, SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL, Delphi
- Developed a programming audit solution using Delphi and Developer Express components to identify SQL sentences in programs and store them in a DB2 database.
- Built an experimental app for Android 2.3 which included geolocation and data graphics, using Eclipse, Java, and SQLite. I uploaded this app in Google Play for testing purposes too.
- Created an operational app on Android 4.2 which included RESTful web services, signature collection and label printing, using Eclipse, Java, and SQLite.
- Supported and enhanced the server component for the previous development, using Visual Studio, WCF, C#, SQL Server, and Integration Services.
- Designed the data model and the software functionality for a logistics application that will be implemented on the web and on Android.
- Software Development ManagerPrimestone S.A.2008 - 2010
Technologies: Delphi, SQL Server, Oracle, .NET, C#, ADO, Reflection, Visio
- Led the team of engineers, developers, and tester to improve the software development process in the company, working on Delphi, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Designed the functional architecture of the upcoming .NET version of the company's application using Visio. Defined the object abstraction and database design considerations for massive information storage and performance.
- Designed the data model in Visio for the .NET application which was to be implemented on SQL Server or Oracle.
- Developed, using Visual Studio (C#) and SQL Server, a data access system (ADO and reflection), domain (entities and business logic), and services for the configuration component of the .NET application.
- Developed a visualization tree for energy metering in Delphi.
- Systems EngineerIndependent Consultant2006 - 2008
Technologies: Delphi, SQL Server, Oracle, PHP, MySQL
- Developed a library of routines to enable data interchange in format EDI867 using Delphi.
- Created a language for data interchange in Delphi on the databases SQL Server and Oracle in order to simplify the development of interfaces to other programs in formats: text, CSV, fixed length fields, delimited, and XML.
- Expanded the EDI867 development to generate analytics by means of a complex SQL sentence that did 12 joins of a table on itself. This sentence, which later on was transformed into a view, worked on SQL Server and Oracle.
- Downloaded, implemented, and upgraded the osCommerce open source B2C solution to PHP5 on MySQL to provide eBusiness services to companies.
- Designed and implemented adaptations to the osCommerce platform to establish an art gallery on the internet; using PHP5 and MySQL.
- Systems EngineerTIC de Colombia LTDA2001 - 2006
Technologies: Delphi, Java, Oracle, SQL Server
- Created a medical diagnostics tracking and reporting application using Delphi.
- Built an application to enable metadata definition and dynamic data entry forms generation to create EDI XML files for companies data interchange (in Delphi).
- Developed a web server in Java (JSP) on an Oracle database and a client API in Delphi to allow software remote-tracing (transmission and storage of internal values for diagnostics and debugging).
- Supported and developed add-ons for a local ERP developed by NCR for a telecommunications company, using C and Oracle SQL*Forms.
- Designed and developed a sales opportunity tracking application using a Progress database and tools.
- Systems EngineerIBM Colombia1989 - 1997
Technologies: TCP/IP, C, AIX, DirectTalk/6000, Informix, Lotus Approach
- Taught all the IBM portfolio of AIX (C-Shell, X Windows, TCP/IP, NFS) and TCP/IP (in platforms AS/400 and RISC/6000) courses.
- Developed the transparent printing facility for AIX using C language. I traveled to a residency at the IBM Support Center in Austin (Texas) to document this development in a technical IBM manual.
- Acted as the the technical leader of a joint venture between IBM and the Bogota telephone company (ETB)—designing, developing, and implementing the administration and IVR applications using C, Informix, and DirecTalk/6000.
- Led the implementation of the first IBM Internet service in Colombia, and developed the interface to invoice these services using the C language.
- Designed and developed the sales opportunity tracking application for the channels area using the Lotus Approach.
- Systems EngineerBank Superintendency1987 - 1988
Technologies: UNIX, Oracle, C
- Developed the Customs General Storage Warehouses application in C and Oracle Pro*C.
- Participated in the design and development of the bank surveillance application using C and Oracle Pro*C.
- Developed the first communications application between the Superintendency and the banks.
- Developed the first WYSIWYG bank accounting reports application using C and Oracle Pro*C.
- Participated in the Colombian IT Award Competition in 1988 for my development to enable communication with the banks.