Android Developer2019 - 2019Stuzo
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, MVVM, Coroutines, GraphQL
- Helped reach the release plan of an Android app.
- Developed new features using Kotlin, GraphQL, MVVM, co-routines, and data binding.
Lead Android and Java Back-end Developer2013 - 2019Rocksauce Studios
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, Java, Spring Boot, AWS, SQL, Terraform
- Led Android projects for a design company.
- Developed Spring Boot apps deployed mostly on AWS. Deployed back-end apps using AWS services, Opsworks (Chef), and ECS (Docker).
- Built a Java back end for user management, integrated with Cognito, real-time chat and integration with Push to Talk. The back end was half Java, half Go, deployed on AWS ECS Fagate using containers, or on AWS Lambda. Created infrastructure automation using Terraform.
- Led the Android development for a cashback Android app.
- Oversaw Android development for a credit card payment app.
- Created a Java back end for movie, books, restaurants recommendations, and rating engine. Developed using Spring Boot and deployed on AWS using OpsWorks (Chef).
- Programmed the back end for IoT devices using AWS Kinesis and Lambda, integrated with Alexa.
- Built an Android phone and wearable app for push to talk (walkie talkie) functionality.
- Developed a dog collar Android app using BLE.
Co-founder, CTO2012 - 2013TAGonSoft
Technologies: Java, Android
- Consulted on mobile development.
- Managed projects, estimations, and deadlines for company projects.
- Led and supervised the development of Android projects.
- Trained new employees and interns.
- Managed projects using Agile methodologies.
Software Engineer II2010 - 2012Amazon
- Worked on the Amazon Simple Email Service development team.
- Contributed actively to the design and implementation of distributed systems components to handle the SES load.
- Led the design and development of the public SES AWS Console.
- Initiated and led the development of web operational tools for internal use.
- Handled several core internal modules including reputation and metrics.
- Acted as team Scrum master.
Software Developer2007 - 2010Synygy
Technologies: Java, Groovy
- Helped develop and design modules for the Synygy incentive management application.
- Proposed, designed, and implemented the migration of a build system from Maven 1 to Maven 2, and from Luntbuild to Teamcity.
- Pioneered the adoption of Groovy-based frameworks. I held two tech talks about Groovy and Grails. The results of the work I did led to Grails being adopted as the framework for the official management tool, with my work on the existing build system later used for the next version of the application.
- Automated repetitive tasks by designing and implementing automated web applications and scripts.
- Maintained and improved the build system, extending Luntbuild to suit company needs.
- Worked on a third-party company app using Agile methodologies.