Java Developer in Iași, Iași County, Romania
Lead Android Developer2013 - PRESENTRocksauce Studios
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, Java, Spring Boot, Terraform
- Led various technical projects, including Dosh, Mistbox v1, First Premier Bank, and others.
- Led the development of Spring Boot apps deployed mostly on AWS.
- Deployed back-end apps using AWS services.
Co-founder, CTO2012 - 2013TAGonSoft
Technologies: Java, Android
- Consulted on mobile development.
- Managed projects, estimations, and deadlines for company projects.
- Led and supervised the development of Android projects.
- Trained new employees and interns.
- Managed projects using Agile methodologies.
Software Engineer II2010 - 2012Amazon
- Worked on the Amazon Simple Email Service development team.
- Contributed actively to the design and implementation of distributed systems components to handle the SES load.
- Led the design and development of the public SES AWS Console.
- Initiated and led the development of web operational tools for internal use.
- Handled several core internal modules including reputation and metrics.
- Acted as team Scrum master.
Software Developer2007 - 2010Synygy
Technologies: Java, Groovy
- Helped develop and design modules for the Synygy incentive management application.
- Proposed, designed, and implemented the migration of a build system from Maven 1 to Maven 2, and from Luntbuild to Teamcity.
- Pioneered the adoption of Groovy-based frameworks. I held two tech talks about Groovy and Grails. The results of the work I did led to Grails being adopted as the framework for the official management tool, with my work on the existing build system later used for the next version of the application.
- Automated repetitive tasks by designing and implementing automated web applications and scripts.
- Maintained and improved the build system, extending Luntbuild to suit company needs.
- Worked on a third-party company app using Agile methodologies.
- Amazon SES (Development)http://aws.amazon.com/ses/
Contributed to the Amazon Simple Email Service while working at Amazon as a Software Developer.
- IT Camp/ Codecamp Mobile App (Development)
IT Camp and Codecamp are two Romanian technology conferences for which I have developed mobile apps to display such information as schedules and presentations.
FrameworksJPA, JUnit, Spring, Android SDK, Spring MVC, Spring Android, Hibernate, Spring Boot, JavaServer Faces, Google Guava, GWT, Grails, Play Framework, Jersey
Libraries/APIsAndroid API, Android Architecture Components, Java Servlets, Otto, Jackson, Lombok, jQuery, Google Gson, Node.js
ToolsMaven, IntelliJ IDEA, Terraform, Google Analytics, Gradle, Apache Tomcat, Apache Ant, Gimp, Amazon SQS, AWS ECS, AWS SDK
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Clean Code, Concurrent Programming, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Model View Presenter (MVP), MVC Design
PlatformsAndroid, Windows, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
StorageNoSQL, Amazon SDB, AWS DynamoDB, JSON, MySQL, AWS S3, AWS RDS
OtherRESTful Web Services, Code Architecture
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science2003 - 2007"Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University - Iasi, Romania
- Scientific High-school Diploma degree in Computer Science1999 - 2003Grup Scolar "Vasile Sav" - Roman, Romania