Verified Expert in Engineering
George is a seasoned systems engineer with great breadth and depth knowledge of building and automating complex systems. As an early adopter of cloud technology, he led a team to design and build an on-premise cloud. His 12 years of teaching developed the skill of coaching and communicating complex concepts. George is fluent in C, Go, and Python languages, with a keen interest in data science and AI, focused on delivering the highest quality results. He is eager to work with complex problems.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, C, Python, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Go, Azure, Terraform
The most amazing...
...project I've built from scratch is a data center that uses open-source systems: Linux, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, and CEPH software-defined storage.
- Built a highly available, scalable Kubernetes cluster using AWS EKS, CloudFormation, Ansible, and GitHub Actions.
- Integrated monitoring and observability tools, including Datadog, AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Developed CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions to automate the delivery infrastructure and application updates.
- Designed and implemented complex automation workflows using Python and Bash scripting.
- Created Terraform modules for infrastructure and workload deployment on Azure.
- Leveraged Ansible to automate AWS infrastructure deployment and management, handling services like VPC, EC2, EKS, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, etc., Using YAML scripts, python, and bash.
- Ensured IaC best practices dealt with edge cases in Kubernetes clusters with Linux and Windows nodes. Integrated Ansible playbooks with CI/CD pipelines for efficient deployments.
Digital Products Director
- Built a recruitment pipeline. Attracted top-qualified talent and increased development capacity and output.
- Optimized the project management and software development process.
- Actively engaged with customers to guide their business through digital transformation.
- Grew the business in the international market.
- Built the DevOps team, providing managed DevOps using AWS/GCP, Docker/Kubernetes, and Terraform.
Machine Learning Engineer
Open Water Development dba Speakeasy AI
- Upgraded the project to the latest DeepSpeech release. Increased STT accuracy.
- Designed and upgraded the project for scale-out architecture and decreased response latency. Increased runtime stability.
- Migrated the monolithic system to a microservices architecture using Docker and Kubernetes on GKE.
- Added API calls from granular management of infrastructure and service.
Free University of Tbilisi
- Taught an operating systems engineering course, OS kernel, and system programming using C, Pintos, Linux, and fuse.
- Conducted a computer networking course. Built crucial internet protocol implementations HTTP, DNS, BitTorrent, and HTTP/SOCKS proxy.
- Served as a teaching assistant in machine learning and computer vision courses.
- Assessed students' homework projects and exams and provided them feedback to excel in learning.
- Held seminars and practical workshops to demonstrate state-of-the-art approaches to diverse, challenging technical problems.
Lead Software Engineer
- Developed a core system for a high-performance blockchain platform.
- Ported a digital signatures' checking algorithm to GPU/CUDA for parallel execution.
- Actively evolved in planning the solution architecture.
- Built and maintained a test network infrastructure in GCP using Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Built a trading algorithm using ML/RL as an offspring project.
- Developed a cluster monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana.
- Researched the company's state and helped build a strategy for technical development.
- Recruited AI/ML, DevOps, and software engineering talent to fulfill tech needs.
- Explored AI/ML state-of-the-art technologies for ongoing business needs. Helped with solution architectures.
Head of IT Infrastructure Management and Development Division
National Agency of Public Registry
- Headed IT infrastructure development for high availability, performance, and low TCO.
- Managed IT infrastructure projects and annual budget planning.
- Researched new, innovative technologies and solutions.
- Spearheaded an infrastructure team of ten highly qualified tech staff to plan and construct a new data center.
- Led the team to plan and build open-source virtualization and software-defined storage running on multi-data center Linux clusters.
- Created the solution architecture for custom-made object storage with improved access control and auditing.
- Developed the solution architecture to secure land titles on the bitcoin blockchain.
- Coached developer teams to better-fit business solutions to technological challenges.
Georgian Research and Educational Networking Association
- Provided web and mail hosting to educational organizations, including more than 2,300 Georgian schools.
- Secured data and services and monitored servers and network devices.
- Planned, built, and maintained web traffic filters for 2,300 Georgian schools.
- Managed grid computing See-Grid-Sci site installation, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Established the first Linux Professional Institute academy in Georgia.
- Taught Cisco CCNA and Linux LPIC-1 courses at a local academy.
Trading Model with Reinforcement Learning
The RL model is remarkable for its ability to adjust changes automatically.
Secure Land Titles on the Bitcoin Blockchain
As a technology solution architect, I was responsible for planning the solution, leading the development, and integrating it with the existing production systems.
Go, SQL, Python, C, Bash, Perl, C++, PHP, Java
Linux API, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Matplotlib, Keras, TensorFlow, OpenCV, NumPy, OpenAPI, DeepSpeech, Node.js, Puppetlabs, Requests, libvirt, SciPy, Flask-RESTful, Jenkins Pipeline
Ansible, Terraform, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Apache Airflow, Helm, Grafana, Cron, RabbitMQ, Apache Tomcat, SaltStack, GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, KVM/Qemu, GitHub, Git, Docker Compose, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Puppet, AWS CodeDeploy, Apache, Postfix, Seaborn, NGINX, Vim Text Editor, Vagrant, Subversion (SVN), Nagios, Zabbix, Checkmk, Celery, CircleCI, GitLab, Jira, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon EKS, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
REST, DevOps, Continuous Deployment, Agile Software Development, Concurrent Programming, Data Science, Socket Programming, Management, Continuous Integration (CI), Azure DevOps, Functional Programming, Imperative Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Continuous Delivery (CD)
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, OpenStack, Apache2, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Blockchain, Jupyter Notebook, NVIDIA CUDA, Kernel, Google Cloud Engine, AWS Lambda
Relational Databases, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Ceph, MongoDB, Datadog
Site Reliability, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Unix Shell Scripting, Systems Monitoring, Distributed Systems, System Programming, CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud Architecture, Prometheus, Network Programming, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning, Virtualization Technology, Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), Leadership, Cloud, Storage, Virtualization, Networking, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Data Analytics, OpenStack Swift, HAProxy, LXC, Reinforcement Learning, Computer Vision, Big Data, Agile Data Science, Regular Expressions, Data Structures, Transport Layer Security (TLS), Cryptography, University Teaching, Coaching, Containers, Containerization, Linux IPC, GitOps, Software Engineering, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), High-load, High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Information Security, System Administration, Cisco Networking, Linux Network Stack, IT Project Management
Flask, Google Protocol Buffer, AWS HA, Django, Flux
Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence
Georgia Institute of Technology - Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Master's Degree in Software Engineering
Ilia State University - Tbilisi, Georgia
Linux Professional Institute
GIAC Security Essentials - GSEC
Global Information Assurance Certification
Linux Professional Institute
Cisco Certified Network Associate