Engineer2019 - PRESENTPerpay
- Designed and built a collections portal which resulted in over $290,000 in payments in the first year.
- Managed agile process changes during reorganization from one team into two engineering teams.
- Led the team that developed full-stack features using Python/Django and React. Responsible for organizing team members to deliver on time.
- Conducted technical and behavioral interviews and onboarded new engineers.
- Assisted recruiters in developing a hiring pipeline.
- Drove cultural change to embrace a functioning test suite and created an automated test pipeline in Travis CI.
- Introduced A/B testing to the feature development workflow.
- Collaborated with the product manager to design new UI components, appropriately scope work, and estimate projects.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2019Datto
Technologies: Scala, Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), PHP 7, Symfony
- Led a team of five engineers during the launch of the Google GSuite back-up product.
- Developed a back-up product for Google Calendar using Scala.
- Optimized the usage of OpenStack Swift to increase write throughput by nine times.
- Mentored interns and junior engineers on the new Scala codebase.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016Noodle
Technologies: Python 2, Django, React Native, jQuery, Backbone.js, AWS EC2, Docker
- Led engineers in the design and development of a prototype iOS app.
- Established software development best practices, such as automated testing and code review.
- Trained and mentored junior software developers on Python and Django.
- Led the team during integration of acquired Allclasses proprietary technology into Noodle's Django application.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Allclasses
Technologies: Django, Python 2, Backbone.js, jQuery, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Scrapy, Flask, SQLAlchemy, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Developed NLP techniques to pull structured information from HTML and unstructured text.
- Developed features for internal dashboard app using Backbone.js and Python/Flask.
- Maintained a scalable queuing system for website scraping.
- Designed an efficient MongoDB schema informed by research of potential data sources.
- Leveraged Elasticsearch knowledge to improve search result relevance.