Java Developer in Córdoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Full-stack Developer2014 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: C#, .Net, AngularJS, Grails, Groovy, Amazon EC2, MySQL, Elasticsearch
- Developed a number of projects utilizing a number of technologies and tools.
Professor2010 - PRESENTFa.M.A.F., Universidad Nacional de Cordoba (National University of Cordoba)
- Taught induction, recursion, and divide-and-conquer techniques.
- Worked with relational algebra and tuple calculus.
- Taught SQL, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Worked with sorting and selecting algorithms.
- Worked with normalization and normal forms.
- Taught courses on algorithms, data structures, and databases.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Flashband
- Created a robust website for flashband.org.
- Migrated Grails versions.
- Migrated jQuery to an AngularJS front-end.
- Supported coding of Web Service API, Grails, and Groovy.
- Released/deployed a website in Amazon EC2.
Developer Architect2014 - 2014Santex America SA
Technologies: Groovy, Grails, Java, AngularJS. MongoDB, MySQL, Elasticsearch, REST API, Tomcat
- Developed a communication system (voice and chat) to support interaction and discussion within a company.
- Made technical decisions to develop the software and lead the team to achieve its goals.
- Deployed different versions of software in different environments (development, test, and production).
- Fixed bugs.
- Designed and coded features.
- Troubleshot production issues.
- Engaged in client support.
- Created a real-time back-end notification system using Node.js. The system allows the creation of notes and tasks for different users, and this module allows users to receive notifications of these events.
- Created an LDAP synchronization module in charge of importing all users from an LDAP server into the application.
- Conducted Elasticsearch indexing.
- Managed and interacted with non-relational databases using MongoDB.
- Designed and coded a REST API module.
- Managed and installed servers.
- Managed a Jenkins CI server.
Developer Architect2011 - 2014ARRIS/MOTOROLA Mobility
Technologies: Java, Oracle SQL, Hibernate, Maven, Spring, XPath, XQuery, GWT, AWS, Jenkins, SVN, Git, RTC source control, JBehave
- Created a video-on-demand system for Telecom France and AT&T.
- Designed, planned, and developed software.
- Created a high-availability and multi-node system using IBM WebSphere.
- Conducted troubleshooting of production problems utilizing Rapid Response.
- Implemented an assets ingestion system using a BPMN (business process model and notation) process.
- Planned, deployed, and installed software with zero downtime requirements.
- Developed a smart image server module to ingest images and associate them with assets.
- Created a smart merge module. In this module, external providers provide extra information for existing assets. The module combines the new information with the existing information to produce an integrated asset.
- Created REST and SOAP APIs to buy, play, stop and rate an asset, etc.
- Constructed proxy systems. New setup boxes were needed to keep backward compatibility, so a proxy was built to match the requirements using SOAP web services, translators, and Java.
- Supported clients as the connection between ARRIS/Motorola and AT&T and Telecom France to get the system working.
- Designed and coded gateways to connect the system with external recommendation systems Jinni and Attivio.
- Designed and coded a CDN streaming server gateway. The gateway involved communicating with CDN to get a successful stream.
- Acquired expertise in several technologies and processes due to various roles taken on for the project including the development team, support team, release team, and production installation team.
- Developed the domotic system 4Home project, which is a system for home monitoring and control service, and interacted with z-wave devices.
Thesis Co-Director.2011 - 2012Fa.M.A.F., Universidad Nacional de Cordoba (National University of Cordoba)
Technologies: GRASS GIS, Java, BashScript, PostgreSQL, SVN, C++
- Designed and implemented algorithms for modeling Dengue fever at micro levels.
- Designed a decision module to execute intelligent algorithms to calculate the level of risk in each region.
- Coached and led students and provided tech support.
Computer Scientist and Developer2009 - 2011CONAE - ASI (Argentinean Space Agency and Italian Space Agency)
- Created a system for early alert and stratification of Dengue fever in Argentina for the health ministry.
- Developed an artificial intelligence planning and scheduling prototype to support forest firefighting efforts.
- Developed a tool to improve fire management through MODIS sensor data extraction with Java GIS using satellite MODIS imagery from the Geographic Information System of Córdoba Province.
- Created a Java prototype for planning and scheduling.
- Built an IDL fire simulator system.
- Created an R-system for spatial statistical analysis.
- Conducted a seminar in Italy at the CNR in Rome on planning and scheduling systems and optionals planners.
- Conducted a seminar on fundamental studies and techniques in artificial intelligence planning.
- Conducted a seminar on the use of the Geographic Information System of Córdoba Province as a tool to improve fire management through MODIS sensor data extraction.
- Conducted a seminar on spacecraft systems design.
- Published a scientific paper: Peralta, G., De Elia, E., Lamfri, M., Lanfri, S., Frutos, N., Porcasi, X., Rotela, C., and M. Scavuzzo. (2011). "Geomática Aplicada a un Sistema de Alerta Temprana." JAIIO.
- Published a scientific paper: Lanfri, S., Frutos, N., Porcasi, X., Rotela, C., Peralta, G., De Elia, E., Lanfri, M., and M. Scavuzzo. (2011). "Algoritmo para la alerta temprana de dengue en un ambiente geomático." Congreso Argentino de Informática y Salud. JAIIO.
Consultant2006 - 2011Freelance
Technologies: Java, PHP, Bash, MySQL, .NET, AWS, Spring, Maven, SVN
- Installed and developed a Moodle learning platform at BAC-SPINOZA, Cordoba Argentina.
- Did network consulting at BAC-SPINOZA, Cordoba, Argentina.
- Installed a surveillance security system at BAC-SPINOZA, Cordoba Argentina.
- Developed administrative software for soil chemical analysis.
- Developed administrative tools for a newspaper and magazine store.
- Installed a surveillance security system for Grido (Helacor).
- Did network consulting for a high school.
- Developed administrative software for a cleaning product company.
- Developed an administrative software tool for a hotel, including the coding of fiscal printer HASAR.
- Developed an inventory control system that uses a laser scanner and barcode reader.
- Developed administrative software for a shoe store.
Project Leader and Java Senior Developer2008 - 2009EDS/Hewlett Packard
- Fixed bugs and troubleshot issues in Java as part of the rapid response team.
- Developed an ingestion order module in Java.
- Developed SOAP web services.
Freelance GIS Developer2008 - 2008CONAE (Argentinean Space Agency) and World Health Organization (WHO) Institute of High Spatial Studies “Mario Gulich”
- Developed software for geographical map making in real time containing entomological indicator information and actions for the vectorial Chagas’ disease control.
Computer Scientist and GIS Developer2007 - 2007Italian Space Agency (ASI)
- Won CONAE-ASI’s scholarship within the SIASGE program: “Italo-argenitean Satellite System for Emergency Management.”.
- Researched and developed software tools for the optimization and validation of the existing system for the early detection of fires through satellite observation MSG/SERVIRI.
- Validated a back-end system through comparison and contrast of different satellite data.
- Validated the front-end that gives the user the tool for making decisions.
- Created documentation.
Consultant and Project Leader2005 - 2007Environmental Agency of Cordoba Province
Technologies: C++, Java, IDL, ENVI, MySQL, ArcView, ArcMap, ARCLMS, OpenMap 4.6, C, Java Swing, AWT, Apache Web Server
- Co-developed a forest fire simulator.
- Researched and developed a system for vehicle tracking through the packet radio (AVL Automated Vehicle Location).
- Developed a website to follow the “Plan Provincial de Manejo de Fuego” actions.
- Developed a satellite GIS.
- Developed a map server.
- Developed mobile technology for preventing and fighting forest fires in Cordoba Province, Argentina.
GIS Developer2006 - 2006CONAE (Argentinean Space Agency)
- Developed a GIS System to prevent the Chagas disease.
- Installed the product.
- Trained team members in the use of the tool.
- Created documentation.
Assistant Professor2004 - 2006Fa.M.A.F., Universidad Nacional de Cordoba (National University of Cordoba)
- Taught Data Structure and Algorithms I; Distributed Systems and Networking; Software Engineering I and II as well as the entrance course for 2006.
Developer2003 - 2004IPP (Computing For Professionals).
- Developed and managed a website.
- Merchandiser (Development)http://www.arrisi.com/products/product.asp?id=875
The project is about a complex high-availability system to bring the user a customized multimedia catalogue. It is integrated with brand new recommendation systems like Jinni and Attivio.
I belonged to one of the teams involved in the development of this system, installing the different parts of the system in production and giving support to main clients AT&T and Telecom France.
- Motorola 4Home System (Development)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4UFE3--Gk
I was one of the technical leaders for one of the teams involved in the development of the 4Home smart home system.
- Geomathic (Development)
Geomathic applied to the development of an early alert system for preventing the dengue fever in Argentina. The system gives support to the strategic prevention and control of the dengue vector in Argentina. It was part of a complex system of early alert and is developed by CONAE under the standards of European Spatial Agency (ESA). The architecture, design methodology and coding are reusable components in any system with these characteristics.
- MindFame (Development)
I'm the developer architect for the back-end team of MindFrame.
- Post-Graduate Specialized Training (Other amazing things)
In 2007, I received specialized training in space technologies at CONAE/ASI (Argentinian and Italian space agencies).
FrameworksAngularJS, Spring Security, Grails, Hibernate, Spring, Spring MVC, GWT
ToolsSubversion (SVN), TortoiseSVN, Git, Maven, Apache Tomcat, IntelliJ IDEA, Jenkins, Eclipse IDE, TeamCity
ParadigmsScrum, Agile Software Development, Iterative Programming, Functional Programming
PlatformsMacOS, Windows, Linux, WebSphere
StorageElasticsearch, MySQL, MongoDB, PostGIS, PostgreSQL, Oracle SQL
OtherSystem Architecture, GlassFish
- Master's degree in Computing and Space Applications for Emergency Early Warning and Response, Branch Artificial Intelligence Planning and Scheduling2009 - 2011Fa.M.A.F. - National University of Córdoba and CONAE - Córdoba, Argentina
- Licentiate (5-year degree equivalent to combined Bachelor's and Master's) degree in Computer Science2000 - 2005Fa.M.A.F. - National University of Córdoba - Córdoba Argentina
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree in Computer Analysis2000 - 2003Fa.M.A.F. - National University of Córdoba - Córdoba, Argentina