Full-stack Developer2014 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: C#, .Net, AngularJS, Grails, Groovy, Amazon EC2, MySQL, Elasticsearch
- Developed a number of projects utilizing a number of technologies and tools.
Professor2010 - PRESENTFa.M.A.F., Universidad Nacional de Cordoba (National University of Cordoba)
- Taught induction, recursion, and divide-and-conquer techniques.
- Worked with relational algebra and tuple calculus.
- Taught SQL, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Worked with sorting and selecting algorithms.
- Worked with normalization and normal forms.
- Taught courses on algorithms, data structures, and databases.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Flashband
- Created a robust website for flashband.org.
- Migrated Grails versions.
- Migrated jQuery to an AngularJS front-end.
- Supported coding of Web Service API, Grails, and Groovy.
- Released/deployed a website in Amazon EC2.
Developer Architect2014 - 2014Santex America SA
Technologies: Groovy, Grails, Java, AngularJS. MongoDB, MySQL, Elasticsearch, REST API, Tomcat
- Developed a communication system (voice and chat) to support interaction and discussion within a company.
- Made technical decisions to develop the software and lead the team to achieve its goals.
- Deployed different versions of software in different environments (development, test, and production).
- Fixed bugs.
- Designed and coded features.
- Troubleshot production issues.
- Engaged in client support.
- Created a real-time back-end notification system using Node.js. The system allows the creation of notes and tasks for different users, and this module allows users to receive notifications of these events.
- Created an LDAP synchronization module in charge of importing all users from an LDAP server into the application.
- Conducted Elasticsearch indexing.
- Managed and interacted with non-relational databases using MongoDB.
- Designed and coded a REST API module.
- Managed and installed servers.
- Managed a Jenkins CI server.
Developer Architect2011 - 2014ARRIS/MOTOROLA Mobility
Technologies: Java, Oracle SQL, Hibernate, Maven, Spring, XPath, XQuery, GWT, AWS, Jenkins, SVN, Git, RTC source control, JBehave
- Created a video-on-demand system for Telecom France and AT&T.
- Designed, planned, and developed software.
- Created a high-availability and multi-node system using IBM WebSphere.
- Conducted troubleshooting of production problems utilizing Rapid Response.
- Implemented an assets ingestion system using a BPMN (business process model and notation) process.
- Planned, deployed, and installed software with zero downtime requirements.
- Developed a smart image server module to ingest images and associate them with assets.
- Created a smart merge module. In this module, external providers provide extra information for existing assets. The module combines the new information with the existing information to produce an integrated asset.
- Created REST and SOAP APIs to buy, play, stop and rate an asset, etc.
- Constructed proxy systems. New setup boxes were needed to keep backward compatibility, so a proxy was built to match the requirements using SOAP web services, translators, and Java.
- Supported clients as the connection between ARRIS/Motorola and AT&T and Telecom France to get the system working.
- Designed and coded gateways to connect the system with external recommendation systems Jinni and Attivio.
- Designed and coded a CDN streaming server gateway. The gateway involved communicating with CDN to get a successful stream.
- Acquired expertise in several technologies and processes due to various roles taken on for the project including the development team, support team, release team, and production installation team.
- Developed the domotic system 4Home project, which is a system for home monitoring and control service, and interacted with z-wave devices.
Thesis Co-Director.2011 - 2012Fa.M.A.F., Universidad Nacional de Cordoba (National University of Cordoba)
Technologies: GRASS GIS, Java, BashScript, PostgreSQL, SVN, C++
- Designed and implemented algorithms for modeling Dengue fever at micro levels.
- Designed a decision module to execute intelligent algorithms to calculate the level of risk in each region.
- Coached and led students and provided tech support.
Computer Scientist and Developer2009 - 2011CONAE - ASI (Argentinean Space Agency and Italian Space Agency)
- Created a system for early alert and stratification of Dengue fever in Argentina for the health ministry.
- Developed an artificial intelligence planning and scheduling prototype to support forest firefighting efforts.
- Developed a tool to improve fire management through MODIS sensor data extraction with Java GIS using satellite MODIS imagery from the Geographic Information System of Córdoba Province.
- Created a Java prototype for planning and scheduling.
- Built an IDL fire simulator system.
- Created an R-system for spatial statistical analysis.
- Conducted a seminar in Italy at the CNR in Rome on planning and scheduling systems and optionals planners.
- Conducted a seminar on fundamental studies and techniques in artificial intelligence planning.
- Conducted a seminar on the use of the Geographic Information System of Córdoba Province as a tool to improve fire management through MODIS sensor data extraction.
- Conducted a seminar on spacecraft systems design.
- Published a scientific paper: Peralta, G., De Elia, E., Lamfri, M., Lanfri, S., Frutos, N., Porcasi, X., Rotela, C., and M. Scavuzzo. (2011). "Geomática Aplicada a un Sistema de Alerta Temprana." JAIIO.
- Published a scientific paper: Lanfri, S., Frutos, N., Porcasi, X., Rotela, C., Peralta, G., De Elia, E., Lanfri, M., and M. Scavuzzo. (2011). "Algoritmo para la alerta temprana de dengue en un ambiente geomático." Congreso Argentino de Informática y Salud. JAIIO.
Consultant2006 - 2011Freelance
Technologies: Java, PHP, Bash, MySQL, .NET, AWS, Spring, Maven, SVN
- Installed and developed a Moodle learning platform at BAC-SPINOZA, Cordoba Argentina.
- Did network consulting at BAC-SPINOZA, Cordoba, Argentina.
- Installed a surveillance security system at BAC-SPINOZA, Cordoba Argentina.
- Developed administrative software for soil chemical analysis.
- Developed administrative tools for a newspaper and magazine store.
- Installed a surveillance security system for Grido (Helacor).
- Did network consulting for a high school.
- Developed administrative software for a cleaning product company.
- Developed an administrative software tool for a hotel, including the coding of fiscal printer HASAR.
- Developed an inventory control system that uses a laser scanner and barcode reader.
- Developed administrative software for a shoe store.
Project Leader and Java Senior Developer2008 - 2009EDS/Hewlett Packard
- Fixed bugs and troubleshot issues in Java as part of the rapid response team.
- Developed an ingestion order module in Java.
- Developed SOAP web services.
Freelance GIS Developer2008 - 2008CONAE (Argentinean Space Agency) and World Health Organization (WHO) Institute of High Spatial Studies “Mario Gulich”
- Developed software for geographical map making in real time containing entomological indicator information and actions for the vectorial Chagas’ disease control.
Computer Scientist and GIS Developer2007 - 2007Italian Space Agency (ASI)
- Won CONAE-ASI’s scholarship within the SIASGE program: “Italo-argenitean Satellite System for Emergency Management.”.
- Researched and developed software tools for the optimization and validation of the existing system for the early detection of fires through satellite observation MSG/SERVIRI.
- Validated a back-end system through comparison and contrast of different satellite data.
- Validated the front-end that gives the user the tool for making decisions.
- Created documentation.
Consultant and Project Leader2005 - 2007Environmental Agency of Cordoba Province
Technologies: C++, Java, IDL, ENVI, MySQL, ArcView, ArcMap, ARCLMS, OpenMap 4.6, C, Java Swing, AWT, Apache Web Server
- Co-developed a forest fire simulator.
- Researched and developed a system for vehicle tracking through the packet radio (AVL Automated Vehicle Location).
- Developed a website to follow the “Plan Provincial de Manejo de Fuego” actions.
- Developed a satellite GIS.
- Developed a map server.
- Developed mobile technology for preventing and fighting forest fires in Cordoba Province, Argentina.
GIS Developer2006 - 2006CONAE (Argentinean Space Agency)
- Developed a GIS System to prevent the Chagas disease.
- Installed the product.
- Trained team members in the use of the tool.
- Created documentation.
Assistant Professor2004 - 2006Fa.M.A.F., Universidad Nacional de Cordoba (National University of Cordoba)
- Taught Data Structure and Algorithms I; Distributed Systems and Networking; Software Engineering I and II as well as the entrance course for 2006.
Developer2003 - 2004IPP (Computing For Professionals).
- Developed and managed a website.