Verified Expert in Engineering
Guilherme has been a software developer since 2016 when he completed his master's degree in computer engineering. He has developed and deployed computer vision solutions using OpenCV, C++, and Python, as well as back-end applications using Java and the Spring Framework. Guilherme has delivered innovative solutions related to poker, private jet booking, license plate recognition, and coffee bean image classification.
Linux, IntelliJ IDEA, Spring
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is license plate recognition software. We built our own dataset, trained the networks, and built the system around them.
Vog App Developers
- Developed a back-end server for a poker assistant tool, using Java and Spring Boot.
- Designed and implemented a custom binary format for fast memory-mapped access to the large dataset behind the poker assistant tool.
- Migrated the Java back end of a private jet booking app and implemented new features integrated with the Salesforce CRM.
- Created an image dataset, using Amazon Mechanical Turk.
- Trained neural networks for license plate recognition, using Python and TensorFlow.
- Implemented license plate recognition software in Python with TensorFlow and OpenCV.
- Built aspects of face recognition software, using OpenCV and Dlib.
- Implemented a fast face-matching algorithm, using CUDA.
- Developed an image processing algorithm for the classification of raw coffee beans, using OpenCV and C++.
- Implemented a Java back end to provide access to the vision algorithms via HTTP.
- Developed the front end of a mobile application with React Native to capture pictures of the coffee beans and upload them to the back-end server for classification.
- Collected images to build a dataset and trained neural networks, using Caffe and Apache MXNet.
- Developed an application for internal company use, using Java, Spring, and Bootstrap.
Cofness Coffee Classification App
License Plate Recognition Software
Squidtool Poker Assistant
Java, Kotlin, SQL, Python, C++, Java 11
Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate, React Native, Bootstrap
Linux, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
IntelliJ IDEA, Git
MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Computer Vision, Computer Engineering, Software Development
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - Worcester, MA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Federal University of Espírito Santo - Espírito Santo, ES, Brazil
Oracle Certified Professional
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring