Senior Full-stack Engineer2017 - PRESENT+Subscribe
- Built, using React and Rails stack, a SaaS platform in the financial industry to power alternative investments with the leading electronic subscription document technology.
- Created a reusable React UI components library from the scratch with CSS-In-JS (Emotion library) and Storybook to be used by internal projects.
- Developed JWT authentication, 2-factor authentication, and user session management with multi sessions and timeout for inactive user (security).
- Helped to create a high-performance background process, using Sidekiq and Redis, to fully map the most complex Subdocs.
- Added Digital Signature to documents with the integration to DocuSign with a wrapper to isolate and reduce impact from new versions.
- Implemented real-time updates to the platform usign WebSockets.
- Led the product team and was responsible for the hiring and onboarding process.
- Oversaw the whole workflow from development to production.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2016 - 2017Infuse.us
Technologies: Cordova, PostgreSQL, Node.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Redux, React, Angular
- Architected the front-end codebase—building modular and reusable components and modules with low coupling.
- Designed and built a multi-platform application for the web, mobile, and Clover using mainly Angular 2, React, Ruby on Rails, and Node.js.
- Developed standardized and reusable Sass/CSS components using the BEM methodology for the whole application.
- Created complex flow-like CSV imports and bulk edits with massive data to be processed in a high-performance manner.
- Mentored junior developers and standardized code styles and best practices.
Lead Software Engineer | Full-Stack Developer2014 - 2016Menu for Tourist
- Built the Menu for Tourist app (MenuForTourist.com). It is a mobile app designed to make menus from restaurants around the world more understandable to foreign tourists. Through the app, tourists can access the menu of the restaurant in their native language.
- Was hired in the early stages to be the principal software engineer; solely responsible for the (from scratch) design and development of the whole system, including its database, storage, cloud infrastructure, back-end, and front-end (for the web and mobile applications).
- Deployed, in just over three months of work, the first version of mobile app for Android and iOS (hybrid mobile app) and the web platform published in the market.
- Built a multi-language learning and translator module that should be able to learn human words and expressions from different languages and it's translations. So in the future, a menu from any restaurant in the world would be translated automatically.
- Worked on the OCR (optical character recognition) processor to recognize texts from photos taken by the user and then translate it to the user's chosen language. To get the better and faster performance of the OCR process, I developed this operation in native code (Android and iOS) and integrated it into our hybrid mobile app in Ionic and Cordova as a Cordova plugin.
- Recognized as an official app for the Olympics Rio 2016.
Lead Software Engineer2014 - 2014Dataprev | The Company of IT and Social Security Under the Ministry of Welfare in Brazil
Technologies: WebLogic, Oracle, JMS, Java EE, Java
- Led the tech team and was responsible for ensuring that the applications in the production environment are working according to the SLA.
- Profiled and monitored a range of tools for performance tuning, scalability, concurrency control, and reliability.
- Created development recommendations, patterns, and reusable components for better performance.
Software Developer | Software Architect2006 - 2014Dataprev | The Company of IT and Social Security Under the Ministry of Welfare in Brazil
- Was responsible, along with a team, for designing and building large scale and distributed applications that served millions of users (mostly Brazilian citizens) using mainly Java EE technologies like JSF 1.2, EJB 3.0, JMS, JPA, and Spring Frameworks hosted in Oracle OAS and WebLogic distributed servers integrated with an Oracle database, as well as with JUnit and Selenium for tests, Maven for building and management, and Hudson for CI and CD.
- Served as the lead software architect of a team and designed architectural solutions, built a POC, and developed, improved, and maintained Dataprev's framework, handled the quality control of the apps (tests/code review), and the CI tools (integration, monitoring, and optimizing).
- Designed and developed the Integrated Social Benefits System (SIBE) for MPS/INSS (governmental agencies), who manages every social benefit received by all the taxpaying citizens in Brazil. It's a distributed and large-scale app with a huge database. AIt was a project with a duration of over five years with more than ten teams spread across five states in Brazil.
- Worked for over a year as a project leader for the SAA app (System Authorization and Access): a security system which by law is the security control of all intranet systems developed by Dataprev for its clients (INSS, MPS, RFB, and MTE).
- Taught as an internal training instructor for EJB3/JPA (basic and advanced).
CTO | Co-Founder2013 - 2013Audiopeia
- Worked for Audiopeia, a startup focused on the soundtrack market, and delivers an easy and quick way for customers to find and purchase the soundtracks for their projects.
- Built the website that was a marketplace where customers could buy soundtracks posted by our community of audio producers.
- Fully participated in the development of the platform from the front end to the back end and infrastructure.
- Coordinated activities as the CTO that were related to the development of the marketplace platform.
- Participated, as the co-founder, in the management of the company via contact and presentations to clients and partners, and other related activities.
Software Architecture Manager2012 - 2013Dataprev | The Company of IT and Social Security Under the Ministry of Welfare in Brazil
Technologies: Java EE, Java
- Managed the software architecture team at Dataprev (Santa Catarina, Brazil).
- Restructured a new work process and standardization.
- Created a technical knowledge base.
- Improved the assistance of the software projects.
Web Developer2005 - 2006Softplan | Poligraph
- Developed web applications for government agencies.
- Supported customers with training and issues.