Marketing Data Scientist2021 - PRESENTThe Estée Lauder Companies
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Statistical Methods, Hypothesis Testing, Python, SQL, Docker, X Ray Engine, Polars, GitHub Actions, Apache Arrow, Data Science, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Quantitative Analysis, NumPy, CI/CD Pipelines, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Time Series Analysis, Time Series, A/B Testing, BigQuery
- Worked on Kubeflow Pipelines for orchestration, which resulted in on-demand massively parallel computing, semantically version tasks, and heterogeneous computing on the cloud.
- Designed and set up a hybrid geo-user experimentation platform for estimating the incremental return on ad spend (iRoAS).
- Set up and deployed fast bootstrapping with Polars using Arrow and Ray for customer-level forecasting to increase experiment power.
- Developed reports, visualizations, and key performance indexes to track the effectiveness of marketing and guide marketing decisions.
- Implemented comprehensive A/B testing strategies on marketing data streams to optimize campaigns and drive business growth.
Senior Data Scientist2021 - 2021Toptal Client
Technologies: Python, Jupyter, Cloud Architecture, Data Science, Amazon Web Services (AWS), CI/CD Pipelines, Linux, Quantitative Analysis, NumPy, Docker, A/B Testing, BigQuery
- Developed a risk assessment model associated with users' withdrawal and deposit limits on a crypto exchange platform.
- Designed the cloud architecture for deployment of the model into production.
- Created cloud architecture for monitoring the deployed model in the production.
Senior Data Scientist2020 - 2021System Toose co.
Technologies: Big Data, Python, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Image Processing, Machine Learning, Data Science, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Quantitative Analysis, NumPy, Docker, CI/CD Pipelines, A/B Testing, BigQuery
- Led a team of four data scientists and three software developers.
- Designed and built an AI-powered chat system capable of classifying, filtering, and moderating text-based human interaction.
- Designed an AI-powered image recognition system capable of classifying sensitive or inappropriate images.
- Developed a time-series anomaly detection service that helps customers monitor various metrics. We took advantage of a simple yet strong, deep learning algorithm.
Data Scientist2019 - 2020System Toose co.
Technologies: Data Science, SQL, Modeling, Predictive Modeling, Data Visualization, Tableau, Big Data, Amazon Web Services (AWS), CI/CD Pipelines, Linux, Quantitative Analysis, NumPy, Docker, A/B Testing, BigQuery
- Worked collaboratively in a team of deep learning researchers.
- Designed and implemented a big data pipeline using Apache Hadoop for analyzing over 350 GB of data.
- Built an automatic vehicle recognition and tracking system using state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms. The system was capable of detecting and tracking vehicles within a large multistory car park.
Software Developer2019 - 2020The University of British Columbia
Technologies: Back-end, Django, Amazon EC2, Docker, Data Science, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Quantitative Analysis, NumPy, CI/CD Pipelines, Web Scraping, Data Scraping
- Built a REST API back end for a learning analytics website.
- Designed and implemented an automatic testing and submission system for university students to increase the overall quality of computer science courses.
- Installed Linux and virtualized environments using Docker and AWS.
Data Analyst2018 - 2019Mad Llama Studio
Technologies: Pandas, Scikit-learn, PyTorch, Keras, NumPy, Tableau, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Digital Marketing, Data Science, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Quantitative Analysis, Docker, A/B Testing
- Developed a data analysis dashboard capable of analyzing a real-time data stream and generating appropriate reports.
- Designed and developed a data cleaning pipeline specific to our internal processing tasks.
- Improved one of our client's eCommerce websites using predictive models. We optimized the website's performance metrics as 1) bounce rate: 21% decrease, 2) average session duration: 51% increase, and 3) pages and sessions: 18% increase.
- Managed to increase the sales volume of a client's online business by 2,000% in a 2-month project.
Data Analyst2015 - 2018Motamed Cancer Institute
Technologies: Python, Data Visualization, Mathematical Modeling, R Studio, Data Analysis, Data Science, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Quantitative Analysis, NumPy, Docker
- Worked in the microbiome and bioinformatic lab as a research assistant.
- Designed and implemented a new mathematical model to predict the actual. drug release from a specific type of biomaterial.
- Designed and build data pipelines using Python and R for analyzing and optimizing experimental models.