Back-end Architect2018 - PRESENTSkill Blaster
Technologies: AWS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Node.js
- Reduced the AWS bill by 80% by applying best practices to DynamoDB usage.
- Improved the page-load speed by 5x by prefetching and prewarming serverless APIs.
- Eliminated the need for additional Redis hosting and caching.
- Reduced the API latency by 70% by increasing parallelism and modifying DynamoDB calls.
- Proposed options for further long-term improvements.
Senior Back-end Engineer2015 - 2015Udacity
Technologies: Python, Google App Engine
- Optimized the back-end to reduce CPU usage by 70% and decreased the App Engine bill by $30,000/month.
- Migrated a legacy monolithic app engine site to AWS microservices.
- Internationalized and localized the main website for the India launch.
- Replaced the payment back-end in order to add Stripe support.
- Initiated a company-wide issue list to streamline employee processes.
Software Engineer III2012 - 2015
Technologies: C++, Graph Databases, Kubernetes
- Added OCR and object graph queries to the Android M kernel.
- Performed R&D work on a Google-scale in-memory distributed graph database.
- Wrote two optimizing query compilers (for two source languages).
- Created a visual debugger for inspecting graph diffs.
- Led the project test infrastructure improvements.
Scientist II2009 - 2011Los Alamos National Laboratory
Technologies: Python, C, C++, Hadoop
- Designed and prototyped a 100,000–node fully decentralized command-and-control framework.
- Wrote firmware patches to update network packet capture software for new 10G interfaces.
- Carried out experiments to compare architectures for a custom petabyte-scale database.
- Assisted in the design and analysis of a 10,000–subject phishing experiment.
- Managed a data analysis with a MapReduce framework.
SDE Intern2006 - 2006Microsoft
Technologies: C#, .NET, ASP
- Developed an antiphishing feedback site to coalesce IE user experiences into a knowledge database.
- Constructed prototype server frameworks to evaluate replacements for IE’s antiphishing service.
- Discovered and repaired a latent security vulnerability in the Microsoft antiphishing servers.