Verified Expert in Engineering
MacOS, Linux, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ IDEA
The most amazing...
...thing was rebuilding the core of the Crossover front end & creating a JavasScript SDK to allow third-party developers to plug in apps into a portal in 2 weeks.
- Planned and migrated legacy notification components of Credit Suisse's notification service to a modern Java stack.
- Enhanced the notification services for Credit Suisse to adhere to Hong Kong SFC regulations.
- Built and optimized Docker RHEL images of Node.js apps.
- Rewrote Apache Spark jobs involving data clustering and made them testable and extensible.
- Worked as a full-stack developer—building and taking ownership of components that collect/report/visualize performance metrics of individual contractors/teams.
- Tactically architected and implemented a Crossover app portal and an SDK that enables third-party developers to plug in apps into the portal.
- Implemented the invoice module that calculates payments for Crossover contractors as well as generating financial invoices at the team/company level.
- Diagnosed and improved the dashboard page's load from 13 to 14 seconds and under less than 500 milliseconds.
- Integrated and collected metrics from issue trackers: Salesforce, Jira, Zendesk, Google Sheet, and Desk.com.
- Oversaw the deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting of different environments for QA and developers on AWS.
- Worked as a full-stack developer—building modules in Hoiio such as billing, SMS/email gateway, and SMS marketing.
- Improved the billing API throughput 3x by redirecting the write operations to MongoDB.
- Implemented the reserve/commit mechanism that allows a transaction spanning across multiple data sources.
- Developed workers that process 5 million Hoiio's call and SMS transactions per day for calculating taxes, user balance updates, and invoice generation.
- Architected and built SpiderGate, an SMS/call gateway which was Hoiio's flagship product in 2014.
- Developed SMS Marketing, a single-page web app that utilizes Hoiio API to send out marketing campaigns in SMS.
- Implemented workers that process 3 million compliant calls/SMS per day for legal purposes.
- Built a logging SDK that was provided to app developers in the Hoiio platform for capturing all details of an SMS/call transaction.
- Implemented workflow features in an HR web-based application for the Swiss government, including Unpaid Leaves and Leave Application.
- Wrote unit tests with JUnit and integration tests with Selenium.
- Composed Maven build scripts to coordinate modules that are written in different languages: C++ and Java.
- Set up and managed Jenkins CI.
- Developed Webform workflows regarding warehouse’s import/export procedures in Spring, Struts, and JPA.
- Built dynamic web pages with the Struts Tag Library and jQuery to handle user interaction as well as generate HTML controls on the fly.
- Drew complex charts with D3.js to visualize and report import/export metrics.
Credit Suisse's Notification Systemhttps://www.credit-suisse.com/sg/en.html
• Provided a flexible and robust migration plan for their legacy systems that's less dependent on vendors for execution and roll out changes without/less disruption to production.
• Worked on multiple areas and different teams to ensure critical deliveries met Hong Kong SFC's regulatory in both time and quality.
• Willingly took various type of tasks that were either boring or mysterious in order to make sure the team stay on track
• Quickly troubleshot and addressed production issues to mitigate the business impact.
• Actively identified areas that were full of code errors and highly bug-prone based on Jira's tickets and refactored them to free up the engineers' time so that they could focus on development.
• Worked proactively with delivery managers to unblock QA and new developers to not miss any biweekly delivery.
• Tactically architected and quickly implemented features highly demanded by customers without any technical debt
• Employed caching and pre-computing metric techniques to give Fortune 500 managers good user experience by reducing time to interactive from 14 seconds to under 500 milliseconds.
• Provided developers with a concise, friendly API to write unit/integration tests that led to more test coverage, higher quality, and more productivity.
• Developed several high business-impact modules from scratch including SMS marketing, compliant SMS/call gateway, and billing.
• Took full ownership and looked after all stages of development of the products: gathering business input, converting into specs, writing code, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Apache Spark, Apache Camel, Spring Web Flow, Selenium, Apache Struts, JPA
React, Highcharts, Backbone.js, jQuery, D3.js
Apache Maven, Gulp, Webpack, RabbitMQ, Gradle, IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Jenkins
Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI)
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Ho Chi Minh City University of Science - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Component Developer
Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 6 Programmer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring