Senior DevOps Engineer | Site Reliability Engineer2016 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Jenkins, Terragrunt, Packer, Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitHub, System Administration, Cloud Security, Docker, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Linux, AWS Fargate, Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, Terraform, DevOps, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, AWS DevOps, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Ubuntu Server, GitHub Actions, AWS Transfer for SFTP, Postfix, IT Security, NGINX, Zabbix, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Docker Compose, AWS ELB, AWS CloudTrail, Docker Hub, AWS ECS, Shell, Gruntwork, OpenShift, CircleCI, AWS IAM, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Google Cloud SQL, AWS ECR, Containers, CI/CD Pipelines, Linux Server Administration, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Argo CD, HAProxy, SecOps, Nagios, Datadog, SonarQube, Jenkins Pipeline, Harness CI/CD, DigitalOcean, Amazon EC2, AWS CloudWatch, AWS SES, MongoDB Atlas, Flux, Ubuntu, Git, Redis, MongoDB, Bash Script, CIS Security, Jira, Ansible, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CloudFormation, OpenVPN, Bitbucket, Cloudflare, GitOps, DevSecOps
- Deployed, automated, managed, and maintained a cloud-based production system, using AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and DigitalOcean.
- Ensured availability, performance, security, and scalability of production systems, focusing primarily on Linux environments.
- Troubleshot systems and resolved problems across various application domains and platforms. Tracked and fixed issues, using Jira and GitHub.
- Migrated from a manually managed system to a fully automated platform which included creating CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Argo CD, Flux, Harness, and application of GitOps methodology.
- Managed EKS, ECR, ECS, GKE, DigitalOcean Kubernetes, Docker, and Docker Compose deployments.
- Deployed AWS infrastructure (EKS, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, Route53, OpenVPN, IAM roles/policies and VPC) with Terraform.
- Deployed GKE clusters, Cloud SQL, LoadBalancer, and Compute Engine, and configured GitLab to push Docker images to the container registry.
- Built Docker images and deployed them to AWS Fargate with GitHub Actions.
- Created a Docker build pipeline with GitHub Actions, CircleCI, and Jenkins.
- Applied AWS security best practices and CIS compliance requirements; configured AWS Security Hub, AWS Config, and VPC flow; and hardened GKE cluster security.
Technical Team Lead and DevOps2010 - 2016Vision R&D
Technologies: Security, System Administration, Microsoft SQL Server, GitLab, Jira, Python, PHP, Git, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, Linux, MySQL, Postfix, IT Security, NGINX, AWS ELB, Shell Scripting, Linux Server Administration, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), HAProxy, Nagios, AWS SES, DevOps, Redis, Docker, Amazon EC2, MongoDB, Bash Script, Ubuntu Server, CIS Security, DigitalOcean, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Cloud Security, OpenVPN, Bitbucket, Cloudflare
- Established the technical vision and provided leadership to department heads.
- Built the development platform and managed the project, using Jira, Confluence, and GitLab.
- Managed the software development and quality assurance teams.
- Identified and integrated new technologies to drive the business strategy and enhance client relationships.
Linux/Unix System Administrator | Site Reliability Engineer2007 - 2010Esys
Technologies: Security, System Administration, DNS, SMTP, Web, Red Hat Linux, Linux, LPIC-1, SSH, Ubuntu Linux, Git, Ubuntu Server, IT Security, NGINX, Zabbix, Linux Server Administration, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Nagios, AWS SES, Ubuntu, Redis, MongoDB, Bash Script, CIS Security, Qmail, OpenVPN
- Designed and managed a Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu) and Unix infrastructure.
- Maintained security and mitigated threats as new ones were identified.
- Improved infrastructure services, performance, and reliability.
- Became a Master Affiliate of The Linux Professional Institute (LPI), managed the company's training partner relationship with the institute, and grew the Linux and FOSS communities—all in Turkey.
- Installed and maintained web, DNS, SMTP Server, and FTP on Linux.
- Assisted with shell scripting for a system and application used to automate server tasks.
- Created and maintained a secure and reliable Linux environment. Managed daily activities, including user support and system administration tasks.
International DSL TAC Engineer2003 - 2007Alcatel Lucent
Technologies: Linux, Networks, Domain-specific Languages (DSLs), Unix, Solaris, NGINX, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Bash Script
- Managed the Unix servers for AWS products deployed for telecom operators.
- Provided Unix and Linux support remotely or on-site in the EMEA region.
- Matured into a successful and valued member of the Unix/DSL support team in the EMEA region.
Software Developer2002 - 2003Oyak Teknoloji
Technologies: Unix, C++, Oracle, Qmail
- Developed host switch servers for debit and credit card systems in C++.
- Built a banking software solution based on internal customer requirements.
- Increased the performance of the process, which increased customer satisfaction, gained loyal customers, and maximized profitability.
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator and Developer2000 - 2002RT.NET
Technologies: System Administration, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Perl, Shell Scripting, Microsoft SQL Server, Shell, Postfix, Qmail, Web, DNS, FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris, Ubuntu Linux, Bash Script
- Participated in designing, implementing, securing, and maintaining Linux and the Solaris ISP for its test, development, and production environment.
- Provided Linux, Solaris, and infrastructure support for internal and external clients.
- Created and modified scripts and applications to perform tasks.
- Improved the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.