Freelance LAMP Software Engineer and DevOps2017 - 2018SMS Masterminds (via Toptal)
- Maintained and improved a platform for online marketing and advertisements.
- Implemented the receipt and delivery of short message services (SMS) via Twilio.
- Worked with Mblox—one of the most popular providers for handling SMS and MMS.
- Supported several Linux services to process queues, perform periodical tasks, and more.
- Created several reports (both the UI and back-end) and ensured that they were calculated quickly by using caching systems.
Technical Screener2016 - 2018Toptal
- Handled, as part of the Toptal screening team, all types of applicants in the Developer Vertical.
- Vetted candidates so that only the best of the best (top 3%) got approved.
- Helped those approved candidates to shape their profiles into the standard Toptal format.
- Improved the processes and prepared new testing materials.
Freelance Developer for the Language Learning Platform (Website and App)2016 - 2016Edoglobe (via Toptal)
- Developed an eLearning platform with different roles (teacher, student, administrator, and others).
- Implemented a WebRTC-based interface to provide real-time online video calls between 2 users.
- Developed a time scheduler to allow teachers and students to schedule classes.
- Implemented a profit optimization tool to automatically associate teachers and students according to their price.
- Provided a UI to download automatically generated PDFs and notes after the class ends.
- Integrated with several APIs (Collins, Bing Translator, and more).
Freelance Full-stack Web Developer (with Chrome Extension Knowledge)2016 - 2016Neon (via Toptal)
- Developed an MVP for the startup, Neon.
- Helped to build out a public website where you can take a personality test and it provides a score according to International Personality Item Pool.
- Created a Google Chrome extension to collect data from user behavior and help the app provide more personalized information.
- Implemented a credit-rewarding system to compensate users for the value of their data.
- Built a solid back-end API that's able to be accessed from any extension, application, or website.
- Wrote a simple administration interface to access the information stored by the app in a clean and fast format.
Freelance Back-end Engineer2016 - 2016Bauxy (via Toptal)
Technologies: Django, Python, Django REST Framework
- Developed and maintained some REST API endpoints.
- Scraped some websites to provide API formatted responses of some of the HTML code contained.
- Placed the scarped caching-content to a database and improved the performance for some API endpoints.
- Used properly authentication and user roles.
- Returned API error responses correctly and notified via email the back-end team with debug information in how to fix them.
DevOps Software Engineer2015 - 2016LeaseWeb/Ocom Technologies
- Maintained and implemented new features to all websites of the Ocom group and LeaseWeb.
- Created plugins for Drupal.
- Integrated with specific marketing tools such as Marketo, Google Analytics, and others.
- Managed internal tools and created APIs with Symfony.
- Integrated with new products provided by the company and provided the full eCommerce platform to allow customers to buy services.
Freelance Developer2014 - 2016Freelance Work
- Worked in several web and mobile projects as a freelance developer.
- Created some plugins for WordPress websites to show customizable Flash objects or other dynamic contents.
- Developed the Puzzle Maniac Android game in Unity3D.
- Built several arcade and puzzle games for Android in native Java.
- Developed internal Android applications for tracking some parameters using QR codes in private exposition rooms.
- Built Google Chrome extensions to manipulate browser history and cookies.
- Used the DigitalOcean API to automatically create servers on demand, resize them, and connect between more than one instance using private networking and properly configured firewalls.
Full-stack Web/Mobile Developer2010 - 2014Xopie Online Shops
- Worked in an online shop's SaaS startup platform and provided the full infrastructure required to automatically create and maintain the online shop.
- Set up an automatically managing DNS and also set up the Apache Hosts every time a customer created a new shop.
- Developed a full-featured back-end to customize all of the aspects in online shops like design customization, domains association, products, categories, makes, static pages, and more.
- Created full-featured front-end shops that were very customizable according to customer expectations like allowing them to drag and drop design blocks.
- Integrated the platform with online services such as PayPal or other Spanish or Argentinian local payment methods.
- Developed an official mobile application for Android and iOS to allow customers to customize their shop settings or see recent orders from their phones.
- Developed private tools to get statistics on our clients; to see how much they pay, how much they sell, and so on.
Cryptography Engineer2009 - 2010Universitat de Lleida
- Provided a voting platform for the client-side using Java Applets.
- Ciphered individually all the client inputs with ElGamal and elliptic curves encryption before being sent to the server.
- Store ciphered information in a secure file system.
- Provided server management scripts and tools, completely integrated with Java Tomcat to reorganize, decipher, and count votes.
- Made a stable and robust platform able to send and receive information through TCP connections directly from the clients' applets to a Java server.