Senior Quantitative Analyst2022 - PRESENTexp(Quant)
Technologies: Python, C#, Lean, Jupiter, quantconnect, Data Analysis, Finance, Research, Quantitative Analysis, Quantitative Modeling, Quantitative Risk Analysis, SSL Certificates, Machine Learning
- Built a solid framework in Python to analyze and backtest trading models on the US markets on top of the Lean framework.
- Implemented hundreds of research-based models seeking opportunities from market movements and volatility changes.
- Helped create custom risk-management models and tracked portfolio allocations to make sure proper diversification was in place.
- Automatized, using Python scripts and API calls, live trading, and backtesting on the QuantConnect platform.
- Helped set up the Quant Firm and launched live trading with real client money.
Senior Software Engineer2021 - 2022TrueCare24
Technologies: React, PHP, Laravel, Cordova, Twilio, Mailchimp, PowerSchool, Education, RESTful Web Services, SQL, HTML5, Bootstrap, Agile Software Development, Sass, NoSQL, Back-end, PostgreSQL, Responsive Web Apps, Adaptive Design, SSL Certificates, Web Design, Front-end, Webpack, ECMAScript (ES6)
- Wrote cutting-edge technology to connect Healthcare providers with final clients, companies, or particulars and schedule At-Home COVID-19 tests or vaccinations.
- Built a platform using Twilio API connecting students, their parents, and the schools to help manage attendance and easily report incidents with text messages.
- Created API connections with multiple providers, such as PowerSchool or ProgressBook, providing student information and school enrollments to our platform.
- Helped to migrate some legacy front end pages to modern React technologies.
Technical Screener2016 - 2022Toptal
- Handled, as part of the Toptal screening team, all types of applicants in the development vertical.
- Vetted candidates so that only the best of the best (top 3%) got approved.
- Helped those approved candidates to shape their profiles into the standard Toptal format.
- Improved the processes and prepared new testing materials.
Director of Engineering2018 - 2020Toptal
- Cooperated with Toptal clients on properly defining project scopes and matching them with the right developers.
- Built teams of developers for high demanding projects.
- Managed disputes and helped clients and developers to come up with beneficial agreements for both parties.
- Handled the internal Toptal freelance network, helping to vet developer skills, classifying developers, and training them to use our internal systems properly.
- Collaborated directly with other internal teams to source and train developers and clients, ensuring everyone ends with a great user experience.
Freelance LAMP Software Engineer and DevOps2017 - 2018SMS Masterminds (Toptal Client)
- Maintained and improved a platform for online marketing and advertisements.
- Implemented the receipt and delivery of short message services (SMS) via Twilio.
- Worked with Mblox—one of the most popular providers for handling SMS and MMS.
- Supported several Linux services to process queues, perform periodical tasks, and more.
- Created several reports (both the UI and back end) and ensured that they were calculated quickly by using caching systems.
Freelance Developer2016 - 2016Edoglobe (Toptal Client)
- Developed an e-learning platform with different roles as a teacher, student, administrator, and others.
- Implemented a WebRTC-based interface to provide real-time online video calls between 2 users.
- Constructed a time scheduler to allow teachers and students to schedule classes.
- Implemented a profit optimization tool to automatically associate teachers and students according to the teachers' prices.
- Provided a UI to download automatically generated PDFs and notes after the class ends.
- Integrated with several APIs, namely Collins, Bing Translator, and more.
Freelance Full-stack Web Developer2016 - 2016Neon (Toptal Client)
- Developed Neon, an MVP for the startup that included a website and a Chrome extension.
- Helped build out a public website where you can take a personality test, which provides a score according to International Personality Item Pool.
- Created a Google Chrome extension to collect data from user behavior and help the app provide more personalized information.
- Implemented a credit-rewarding system to compensate users for the value of their data.
- Built a solid back-end API that can be accessed from any extension, application, or website.
- Wrote a simple administration interface to access the information stored by the app in a clean and fast format.
Freelance Back-end Engineer2016 - 2016Bauxy (Toptal Client)
Technologies: Django REST Framework, Python, Django, Full-stack, API Architecture, Web Development, Python 3, RESTful Web Services, SQL, Windows, Back-end, SSL Certificates
- Developed and maintained some REST API endpoints to fetch and send information to US healthcare providers.
- Scraped some websites to provide API formatted responses of some of the HTML code contained.
- Placed the scraped caching content to a database and improved the performance for some API endpoints.
- Used proper authentication and user roles in Python and Django.
- Returned API error responses correctly and notified the back-end team via email with debug information on how to fix them.
DevOps Software Engineer2015 - 2016LeaseWeb/Ocom Technologies
- Maintained and implemented new features to all websites of the Ocom group and LeaseWeb.
- Created plugins for Drupal and managed a Drupal website.
- Integrated with specific marketing tools such as Marketo, Google Analytics, and others.
- Managed internal tools and created APIs with Symfony.
- Integrated with new products provided by the company and provided the full eCommerce platform to allow customers to buy services.
Freelance Developer2014 - 2016Freelance
- Contributed to several web and mobile projects as a freelance developer.
- Created some plugins for WordPress websites to show customizable Flash objects or other dynamic content.
- Developed the Puzzle Maniac Android game in Unity3D.
- Built several arcade and puzzle games for Android in Java Native.
- Developed internal Android applications for tracking some parameters using QR codes in private exposition rooms.
- Built Google Chrome extensions to manipulate browser history and cookies.
- Used the DigitalOcean API to automatically create servers on-demand, resize them, and connect between more than one instance using private networking and properly configured firewalls.
Full-stack Web/Mobile Developer2010 - 2014Xopie Online Shops
- Contributed to the development of an online shop's SaaS startup platform and provided the full infrastructure required to create and maintain the online shop automatically.
- Set up an automatically managing DNS and set up the Apache Hosts every time a customer created a new shop.
- Developed a full-featured back end to customize all of the aspects in online shops like design customization, domain association, products, categories, makes, static pages, and more.
- Created full-featured front-end shops customizable according to customer expectations, allowing them to drag and drop design blocks.
- Integrated the platform with online services such as PayPal or other Spanish or Argentinian local payment methods.
- Developed an official mobile application for Android and iOS to allow customers to customize their shop settings or see recent orders from their phones.
- Built private tools to obtain statistics on our clients and find out how much they pay, how much they sell, and so on.
Cryptography Engineer2009 - 2010Universitat de Lleida
- Provided a voting platform for the client-side using Java applets.
- Ciphered all the client inputs individually with ElGamal and elliptic curves encryption before being sent to the server.
- Stored ciphered information in a secure file system.
- Provided server management scripts and tools, integrated with Apache Tomcat to reorganize, decipher, and count votes.
- Made a stable and robust platform to send and receive information through TCP connections directly from the clients' applets to a Java server.