Ivan Radigales Creus
Verified Expert in Engineering
Ivan is a senior full-stack developer, familiar with the latest technologies, who can bring any real project to production. During his career, he worked with multiple industries and company sizes. Every project is different, and his contributions went way beyond pure development, with great ideas on improving company goals, client retention, application metrics, etc.
Sublime Text, Git, MacOS, PyCharm, PhpStorm, WebStorm, Linux, Python 3, Back-end, API Integration
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a profitable, fully automated algorithmic trading app that invests in US stocks and derivatives, generating a yearly ROI of >30%
Social Gaming Room LLC
- Prepared a legacy full-stack application built in Node.js and React to be launched in DigitalOcean.
- Updated internal calls to an IMAP server for processing payment transactions and marking client deposits as received automatically.
- Created new pixel-perfect responsive UIs based on Figma designs using React.
- Integrated with Supabase authentication and some custom sports betting APIs.
Senior Quantitative Analyst
- Built a solid framework in Python to analyze and backtest trading models on the US markets on top of the Lean framework.
- Implemented hundreds of research-based models seeking opportunities from market movements and volatility changes.
- Helped create custom risk-management models and tracked portfolio allocations to make sure proper diversification was in place.
- Automatized, using Python scripts and API calls, live trading, and backtesting on the QuantConnect platform.
- Helped set up the Quant Firm and launched live trading with real client money.
Senior Software Engineer
- Wrote cutting-edge technology to connect Healthcare providers with final clients, companies, or particulars and schedule At-Home COVID-19 tests or vaccinations.
- Built a platform using Twilio API connecting students, their parents, and the schools to help manage attendance and easily report incidents with text messages.
- Created API connections with multiple providers, such as PowerSchool or ProgressBook, providing student information and school enrollments to our platform.
- Helped to migrate some legacy front end pages to modern React technologies.
- Handled, as part of the Toptal screening team, all types of applicants in the development vertical.
- Vetted candidates so that only the best of the best (top 3%) got approved.
- Helped those approved candidates to shape their profiles into the standard Toptal format.
- Improved the processes and prepared new testing materials.
Director of Engineering
- Cooperated with Toptal clients on properly defining project scopes and matching them with the right developers.
- Built teams of developers for high demanding projects.
- Managed disputes and helped clients and developers to come up with beneficial agreements for both parties.
- Handled the internal Toptal freelance network, helping to vet developer skills, classifying developers, and training them to use our internal systems properly.
- Collaborated directly with other internal teams to source and train developers and clients, ensuring everyone ends with a great user experience.
Freelance LAMP Software Engineer and DevOps
SMS Masterminds (Toptal Client)
- Maintained and improved a platform for online marketing and advertisements.
- Implemented the receipt and delivery of short message services (SMS) via Twilio.
- Worked with Mblox—one of the most popular providers for handling SMS and MMS.
- Supported several Linux services to process queues, perform periodical tasks, and more.
- Created several reports (both the UI and back end) and ensured that they were calculated quickly by using caching systems.
Edoglobe (Toptal Client)
- Developed an e-learning platform with different roles as a teacher, student, administrator, and others.
- Implemented a WebRTC-based interface to provide real-time online video calls between 2 users.
- Constructed a time scheduler to allow teachers and students to schedule classes.
- Implemented a profit optimization tool to automatically associate teachers and students according to the teachers' prices.
- Provided a UI to download automatically generated PDFs and notes after the class ends.
- Integrated with several APIs, namely Collins, Bing Translator, and more.
Freelance Full-stack Web Developer
Neon (Toptal Client)
- Developed Neon, an MVP for the startup that included a website and a Chrome extension.
- Helped build out a public website where you can take a personality test, which provides a score according to International Personality Item Pool.
- Created a Google Chrome extension to collect data from user behavior and help the app provide more personalized information.
- Implemented a credit-rewarding system to compensate users for the value of their data.
- Built a solid back-end API that can be accessed from any extension, application, or website.
- Wrote a simple administration interface to access the information stored by the app in a clean and fast format.
Freelance Back-end Engineer
Bauxy (Toptal Client)
- Developed and maintained some REST API endpoints to fetch and send information to US healthcare providers.
- Scraped some websites to provide API formatted responses of some of the HTML code contained.
- Placed the scraped caching content to a database and improved the performance for some API endpoints.
- Used proper authentication and user roles in Python and Django.
- Returned API error responses correctly and notified the back-end team via email with debug information on how to fix them.
DevOps Software Engineer
- Maintained and implemented new features to all websites of the Ocom group and LeaseWeb.
- Created plugins for Drupal and managed a Drupal website.
- Integrated with specific marketing tools such as Marketo, Google Analytics, and others.
- Managed internal tools and created APIs with Symfony.
- Integrated with new products provided by the company and provided the full eCommerce platform to allow customers to buy services.
- Contributed to several web and mobile projects as a freelance developer.
- Created some plugins for WordPress websites to show customizable Flash objects or other dynamic content.
- Developed the Puzzle Maniac Android game in Unity3D.
- Built several arcade and puzzle games for Android in Java Native.
- Developed internal Android applications for tracking some parameters using QR codes in private exposition rooms.
- Built Google Chrome extensions to manipulate browser history and cookies.
- Used the DigitalOcean API to automatically create servers on-demand, resize them, and connect between more than one instance using private networking and properly configured firewalls.
Full-stack Web/Mobile Developer
Xopie Online Shops
- Contributed to the development of an online shop's SaaS startup platform and provided the full infrastructure required to create and maintain the online shop automatically.
- Set up an automatically managing DNS and set up the Apache Hosts every time a customer created a new shop.
- Developed a full-featured back end to customize all of the aspects in online shops like design customization, domain association, products, categories, makes, static pages, and more.
- Created full-featured front-end shops customizable according to customer expectations, allowing them to drag and drop design blocks.
- Integrated the platform with online services such as PayPal or other Spanish or Argentinian local payment methods.
- Developed an official mobile application for Android and iOS to allow customers to customize their shop settings or see recent orders from their phones.
- Built private tools to obtain statistics on our clients and find out how much they pay, how much they sell, and so on.
Universitat de Lleida
- Provided a voting platform for the client-side using Java applets.
- Ciphered all the client inputs individually with ElGamal and elliptic curves encryption before being sent to the server.
- Stored ciphered information in a secure file system.
- Provided server management scripts and tools, integrated with Apache Tomcat to reorganize, decipher, and count votes.
- Made a stable and robust platform to send and receive information through TCP connections directly from the clients' applets to a Java server.
Domains Checker UI Apphttps://github.com/ivanrdgc/DomainsChecker
It is a Python UI tool that can easily be built and configured for Windows or Mac.
I helped the startup to create the initial version of their website and a Chrome extension.
Chrome, Django, Bootstrap, Bootstrap 3, Symfony 2, ASP.NET, Laravel, Django REST Framework, Symfony, Unity3D, React Native
Sublime Text, Sublime Text 2, Sublime Text 3, Git, Chrome Developer Tools, Subversion (SVN), Webpack, Jupyter, Apache Tomcat, GTK+, Microsoft Visual Studio, PyCharm, PhpStorm, WebStorm, Google Analytics, Mailchimp
API Architecture, DRY, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Data Science, Agile Project Management, RESTful Development, Kanban, Agile Software Development, REST, Scrum, Management
DigitalOcean, Windows, Linux, Firebase, Drupal, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jupyter Notebook, WordPress, iOS, Google Chrome, MacOS, Twilio
NoSQL, Google Cloud, SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Full-stack, Web Development, Web App Development, APIs, Chrome Extensions, Ajax, Back-end, Responsive Web Apps, SSL Certificates, Architecture, Software Design, API Integration, Web Scraping, Data Scraping, Algorithmic Trading, Team Leadership, Payment Gateways, RESTful Web Services, Google AdMob, Public Relations (PR), Adaptive Design, Front-end, Leadership, Startups, IT Management, Algorithmic Trading Analysis, IMAP, Email Protocols, Applets, Statistics, Game Development, Machine Learning, Computer Science, AdMob, In-app Purchases, Cordova, Education, Lean, Jupiter, QuantConnect, Data Analysis, Finance, Research, Quantitative Analysis, Quantitative Modeling, Quantitative Risk Analysis, Pixel Perfect, Mortgages, Text Manipulation Algorithms, Office Add-ins, TypeORM
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Universitat de Lleida - Lleida, Spain
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring