- President/Head of TechnologyStratos Consulting Group2013 - PRESENT
- Designed and implemented scalable solutions for clients using Java, WebServices, HTML, CSS, AngularJS.
- Created reusable components and libraries for rapid development and solutions deployment, from one project to the next.
- Performed unit, integration, regression and capacity testing.
- Worked on product design and architecture documentation for client review.
- Performed code review and approved third party code, integrated it into our codebase and merged it into repository (Git).
- Made heavy use of cloud infrastructure to support rapid deployment and auto-scalibility of client applications.
- Developed mobile apps for Android and iOS using native development tools and PhoneGap.
- Technical Team LeadProQuest2012 - PRESENT
- Worked as Scrum Master for a team of 8, acting as a mentor, leader, technical contributor, strategic planner, and customer liaison.
- Responsible for facilitating planning, reviewing, and post-mortem meetings, ensuring the relevant communication is happening and ensuring technical standards are being met.
- Worked on external-facing SaaS product using Java and J2EE technologies, including servlets, Tapestry, JBDC, Webservices (RESTful) with Tomcat application servers and Oracle databases.
- Led the development for a key company pillar (interoperability), from August 2012 – present, interfacing with teams on both the West Coast of USA and in the UK, managing the technical details, and communicating progress to stakeholders and executive team.
- Developed a framework for seamless integration of our analytics tool into our web application, using Amazon S3, Prototype, Java and Tapestry.
- Wrote unit tests for complex portions of the codebase, using JUnit.
- Assisted in performing regression and capacity testing.
- Mentored junior developers on coding patterns, best practices, developing for NFR, and core technical competencies.
- Worked in Amazon EC2 to deploy, monitor, and maintain cloud-based solutions.
- Team LeadResearch In Motion (BlackBerry)2009 - 2012
Technologies: Java, GWT, Oracle, EJB, J2EE, Ant, Ext-GWT, Hibernate, Spring, Apache Axis, Gson, Oracle
- Worked on internal and external-facing websites and portals using Java and J2EE technologies, including servlets, JBDC, EJB, JAX-WS with JBoss application servers, and Oracle databases.
- Implemented a company-wide integrated service layer to expose a common interface and language for business types, while communicating with multiple systems seamlessly, using web services.
- Evaluated new technologies and worked in teams consisting of people from both the team and from outside of it, to determine the proper technical course of action which allowed us to meet business needs, while still using cutting-edge techniques.
- Oversaw the day-to-day operations of a high-performing team of developers (nine direct reports, four dotted-line contractors) through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Performed high-level technical architecture design work, including system diagrams, documentation and server/infrastructure configuration and maintenance.
- Worked with Hibernate, JAX-RS, Apache Axis, and EJB to implement a company-wide integrated service layer to expose a common interface and language for business types, while communicating with multiple systems seamlessly using web services.
- Used GWT and Ext-GWT extensively, to provide rich user interfaces and to create a highly-modular system, with excellent decoupling between view and services layers.
- Software EngineerEntertainment Publications2006 - 2008
Technologies: Java, J2EE, Hibernate, JAX-WS, JAXB, Spring, JSP, EJB, JMS, JSF, Atom, SOAP
- Led a team for email development, using the Responsys email tool and a proprietary email tool. Responsible for helping out other team members, overseeing the development of new features, and peer reviewing any work done on these systems.
- Worked on the development of batch processes to send emails and feed data to clients, using Java, Perl, Unix scripting, XSL and XML.
- Worked on the development of client-facing Web services, using Atom and SOAP technologies.
- Responsible for meeting with clients, both internal and external, to develop business needs and plan the required steps to be taken, to achieve goals.
- Worked and thrived in an Agile development environment.