President/Head of Technology2013 - PRESENTStratos Consulting Group
- Designed and implemented scalable solutions for clients.
- Created reusable components and libraries for rapid development and solutions deployment, from one project to the next.
- Performed unit, integration, regression, and capacity testing.
- Worked on product design and architecture documentation for client review.
- Performed code review and approved third-party code, integrating it into our codebase and merging it into a Git repository.
- Made heavy use of cloud infrastructure to support rapid deployment and auto-scalibility of client applications.
- Developed mobile apps for Android and iOS using native development tools and PhoneGap.
- Developed APIs in many languages and frameworks for consumption by web applications and other clients. Notable projects include a Node.js API built (using Express) and Java-based APIs using Spring Boot.
Technical Team Lead2012 - PRESENTProQuest
- Worked as Scrum Master for a team of eight, acting as a mentor, leader, technical contributor, strategic planner, and customer liaison.
- Responsible for facilitating planning, reviewing, and post-mortem meetings, ensuring the relevant communication is happening and ensuring technical standards are being met.
- Worked on an external-facing SaaS product using primarily Java and J2EE technologies.
- Led the development for a key company pillar (interoperability), from August of 2012, interfacing with teams on both the west coast of the USA and in the UK, managing the technical details and communicating progress to stakeholders and executive team.
- Developed a framework for seamless integration of our analytics tool into our web application.
- Wrote unit tests for complex portions of the codebase.
- Assisted in performing regression and capacity testing.
- Mentored junior developers on coding patterns, best practices, developing for NFR, and core technical competencies.
- Worked in Amazon EC2 to deploy, monitor, and maintain cloud-based solutions.
Team Lead2009 - 2012Research In Motion (BlackBerry)
Technologies: GSON, Apache Axis, Spring, Hibernate, GWT-Ext, Ant, Jakarta EE, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Oracle, GWT, Java
- Worked on internal and external-facing websites and portals.
- Implemented a company-wide integrated service layer to expose a common interface and language for business types, while communicating with multiple systems seamlessly, using web services.
- Evaluated new technologies and worked in teams consisting of people from both the team and from outside of it, to determine the proper technical course of action which allowed us to meet business needs, while still using cutting-edge techniques.
- Oversaw the day-to-day operations of a high-performing team of developers (nine direct reports, four dotted-line contractors) through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Performed high-level technical architecture design work, including system diagrams, documentation and server/infrastructure configuration and maintenance.
- Worked with Hibernate, JAX-RS, Apache Axis, and EJB to implement a company-wide integrated service layer to expose a common interface and language for business types while communicating with multiple systems seamlessly using web services.
- Used GWT and Ext-GWT extensively, to provide rich user interfaces and to create a highly-modular system, with excellent decoupling between view and services layers.
Software Engineer2006 - 2008Entertainment Publications
Technologies: SOAP, Atom, JSF, JMS, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), JSP, Spring, JAXB, JAX-WS, Hibernate, Jakarta EE, Java
- Worked on various company websites in both Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Led a team for email development, using the Responsys email tool and a proprietary email tool. Helped out other team members, overseeing the development of new features and peer reviewing any work done on these systems.
- Worked on the development of batch processes to send emails and feed data to clients.
- Worked on the development of client-facing web services.
- Held meeting with clients, both internal and external, to develop business needs and plan the required steps to be taken, to achieve goals.
- Worked and thrived in an Agile development environment.