Senior Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTDataStax
Technologies: C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core, Apache Cassandra, DataStax Enterprise
- Developed C# drivers.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Farfetch
Technologies: ASP .NET MVC, ASP .NET Web API, ASP .NET Core, C#, Cassandra, SQL Server, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Docker, Consul, IdentityServer, OAuth 2, OpenID Connect, Azure
- Developed frameworks that were used by other engineering teams.
- Researched new technologies in order to improve the platform.
- Developed highly available, scalable, and secure services/applications.
- Kick-started technical projects.
ASP.NET (C#) Developer2015 - 2015Serious Mojo, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Implemented a game server in .NET that sends commands to clients using Pubnub.
- Implemented a web application using ASP NET MVC 5. This web app authenticates clients with 2-factor authentication.
- Implemented a client GUI application using Windows Forms.
Assistant of Pratical Classes2014 - 2014Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto
Technologies: Visual Studio, C, C++
- Assisted in introductory C/C++ programming classes.
Research Assistant2014 - 2014Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto
Technologies: Linux, Perl, C, C++, PHP, Yii Framework, MySQL
- Developed a web application that processes DNA sequences uploaded by users and scans them for known transposable elements. The web app was developed using PHP Yii Framework, HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Created and maintained a MySQL database used by the previously mentioned web app.
- Studied the different types of transposable elements that exist in DNA sequences. Looked for existing programs that are able to scan DNA sequences and find those transposons. Studied how these programs work and how they can be incorporated with a web app.
Tutor2013 - 2013Tutoring Center, Santa Maria da Feira
Technologies: C, C++
- Gave private lessons to college freshmen that were learning C/C++ programming.