Founder | CTO2011 - 2018HTI Labs
- Invented, designed, and developed the initial version of Schematiq, a revolutionary data productivity platform.
- Handled and was responsible for the entire development process, including local development, build, continuous integration, packaging, deployment, licensing, and upgrades.
- Planned and prioritized, assigned, and reviewed work, oversaw the use of tools such as JIRA for tracking current workload and backlog maintenance.
- Developed core features of the application, including performance and memory-critical aspects, highly parallel multi-threaded computation, and low-latency cross-process communication.
- Made decisions about future vision including feature roadmaps and the evolution of an optimal stack of technologies and DevOps tooling.
- Sold and delivered client integration projects, liaisoned with stakeholders and users, and managed project teams.
Principal Consultant2011 - 2011IM Group
Technologies: SharePoint, Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Analysis, Microsoft SQL Server, C#
- Acted as a lead consultant for the Capital Markets practice.
- Managed and was responsible for technical architecture and design, establishing vision and direction for sales and product development.
- Was directly involved in high-profile projects with clients such as Citi, Société Générale, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, BNP Paribas, and UBS.
Front Office Developer | Development Team Lead2006 - 2011Credit Suisse
Technologies: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Analysis, Microsoft SQL Server, C++, C#
- Worked for the front-office IT team, supporting interest rate and credit structure product sales, trading, and risk management.
- Scaled up the risk and P&L analysis from individual desktops to a farm of hundreds of servers.
- Added a "screensaver" cycle-stealing risk runner to make use of idle desktop machines to run further simulations.
- Designed and built a database and OLAP cube to store and analyze risk and P&L results over billions of records with near-real-time updates.
- Enabled regulatory compliance by migrating structured trade booking and risk management from spreadsheets to a replacement system based on C# and C++.
Quantitative Developer2005 - 2006BNP Paribas
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), C++, C
- Worked as part of the quantitative research team by supporting the complex interest rate derivatives business.
- Developed and enhanced the pricing-and-risk tools to allow the sales and trading teams to optimize their business decision making.
- Created a build, test, and deployment process to reliably release biweekly updates to over a dozen business centers globally.
- Encouraged the adoption of source control within the research team to improve productivity and quality.
Analyst2003 - 2005Merrill Lynch Investment Managers
Technologies: C++, Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Worked for the technology team supporting the company's active and passively-managed equity funds.
- Undertook, as part of the global graduate scheme, a curriculum of technical and soft-skill training and development.
- Managed and was responsible for the operational reporting requirements.
- Developed an improved system for broker voting.
- Designed and built an improved algorithm for rebalancing indexed portfolios.