DevOps Generalist2020 - PRESENTHealth Company (Under NDA)
Technologies: Terraform, Terragrunt, AWS, Kubernetes, GitLab CI/CD, GitLab, Python 3, Technical Documentation
- Helped to change healthcare with AI. I was one of a handful of back-end developers assigned with the task of building a robust, automated back end on the cloud utilizing my knowledge of DRY infrastructure code.
- Created a fully automated AWS account bootstrap utility that allowed for rapid creation of identical AWS accounts with optional EKS clusters. Accounts created with this script required no login to add new users based on the bootstrap method.
- Created the initial Terraform and Terragrunt strategy being utilized to this day.
- Built many Terraform modules for teams that were in need, that are being used in production today.
- Wrote many pages of documentation for other DevOps teams to consume. This allowed for rapid consumption of the aforementioned Terraform modules.
Site Reliability Engineer II2019 - PRESENTPGI
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Nginx, Terraform, Terragrunt, Python, Linux, Security, AWS, Helm, Kubernetes Operations (Kops), Kubernetes
- Supported daily Kubernetes upgrades, maintenance and operation.
- Developed Python applications to assist teams with 'making things easier' for development and others.
- Developed Terraform/Terragrunt frameworks for Kubenetes deployments.
DevOps Engineer Staff2015 - 2019Blackberry Cylance
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Nginx, Terraform, Terragrunt, Python, Linux, Security, AWS, Datadog, Windows, Microsoft SQL Server, Docker, Jenkins, Consul, Puppet
- Developed a Python Zabbix ETL app for the eventual consistency of config and alert settings across multiple Zabbix regions.
- Headed many team innovations and documentation guidelines; many of the ideas for team processes were implemented.
- Built numerous auto-healing services utilizing HashiCorp consul, consul templates, and Terraform/Terragrunt.
- Oversaw client/virus model download system via Nginx caching abilities utilizing ephemeral volumes for super fast downloads for everyone!
- Developed a full Django deployment portal (Beryl, blue/green deploy). This allowed our development team to use a website, click around, set pull-down menus, and click a button to roll out new versions of our software suite onto Amazon.
- Led major Terraform/Terragrunt and Puppet module development.
DevOps Automation Engineer2011 - 2015Dynamic Concepts Inc
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Nginx, Terraform, Terragrunt, Python, Linux, Security, AWS, PHP, Chef, Plesk, Bash
- Developed an initial Chef cookbook with automation into AWS.
- Developed back end software utilizing AWS API to automate AWS instance build requests from a custom Plesk front end.
- Pioneered ModSecurity WAF layer into Nginx installations.
- Managed named/BIND files and configuration for public DNS resolvers.
Senior Support Engineer2005 - 2011eEye Digital Security
Technologies: Nginx, Terraform, Linux, Security, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Cisco, Windows PowerShell, Windows
- Managed enterprise client installation support and handling of software issues.
- Served as the primary contact for debugging of software platform application deployments for enterprise clients.
- Oversaw many KB articles and how-to guides to assist customers with deployments.
- Accelerated my position to a senior level very quickly due to my ability to think on my feet and debug mostly anything.