Juan Carlos Guajardo
Verified Expert in Engineering
Juan Carlos is a hands-on person who likes to play around and tweak things, especially processes and the infrastructure that connects them. He tries to document as much as possible and enjoys using RDoC, Javadoc, and JSDoc as much as possible, but he adjusts naturally to whatever the project's preference is.
Ruby, Linux, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
The most amazing...
...achievements I've had is upgrading legacy apps to modern Ruby and RoR and working on the app's high-throughput telemetry data process.
Senior Software Engineer
- Upgraded legacy applications to modern Ruby and RoR and added new features. Wrote documentation along the way.
- Upgraded dependencies when working on new features to ease up later upgrade process occasionally.
- Implemented new features and followed along with quality assurance tests to increase release speed.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Managed a high-scale application with high throughput for API format, as well as browser UI interaction.
- Worked on Mapbox and WebGL integration using React and TypeScript via web components.
- Implemented new features with full code ownership practices from start to deployment.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on an application to process collections of telemetry data, ensured data consistency with local and remote databases, and triggered relevant processes.
- Implemented new features to the existing codebase while updating legacy code.
- Documented existing processes, features, and peripheral microservices.
- Designed and implemented microservices to interact between carriers from different countries and internal applications.
- Designed CI/CD pipelines using GitLab CI to automate deployments to production.
- Designed, documented, and implemented new features (DB, UX, and processes) with minimal overhead and easy extension/customization to an internal CMS.
My Finances Progressive Web Application (PWA)https://hellz-satans.github.io/finances/
It's a front-end application written with Vue.js storing data in the browser's database using Dexie.js and mostly Creative Commons images for icons.
Recycling Materials CRM
For the front end, I used Vue.js and VueX with Webpacker connecting the build process with RoR, PostgreSQL, and PostGIS for geo operations.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), minitest, Serverless Framework, Laravel, PHPUnit
Vuex, Vue, Vue 2, React, Node.js
RSpec, Docker Compose, Terraform, Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD
Linux, Docker, Mapbox, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring