Verified Expert in Engineering
Kashyap is an embedded systems engineer with 10+ years of experience working with various microcontroller families, microprocessors, SoC FPGA, and their integration with wired and wireless peripherals. His expertise lies in firmware development using Assembly, C, C++, and Python for systems operating in bare-metal, RTOS, and Linux environments. Kashyap is well-versed in working with devices from diverse vendors and overcoming challenges to deliver reliable results within tight deadlines.
FreeRTOS, STM32, Zynq-7000, C, Python, Bluetooth LE, Embedded Linux, Altium Designer (PCAD), Yocto, Zephyr
The most amazing...
...thing I've made was an RFID hotel lock system, handling the complete cycle—from requirements capturing, firmware, schematics, testing, and project delivery.
Tech4Biz Solutions Private Limited
- Boarded to bring up a custom Xilinx Zynq board to initialize DDR4 SDRAM, Ethernet, QSPI Flash, and SD Card.
- Found hardware problems of missing components to make the peripherals work.
- Generated Linux OS per the board configuration and booted Linux on the Xilinx board, using Flash and SD Card.
Senior Embedded Manager
Esmito Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Optimized their STM32 firmware to correct issues generated by IAR C-Stat static analysis tool. Documented their whole swap station firmware and enhanced HTTP source code.
- Visited field installations at different locations to debug issues related to network, limit switch detection, solenoid operations, and battery voltage measurements.
- Developed a source code for testing swap station peripherals for pre-dispatch testing which could test all door solenoid and limit switches, internet connectivity, and battery voltage calibration.
Lead Firmware Engineer
Vedang Radio Technology
- Built an impedance measurement system to automatically calibrate radio-frequency (RF) amplifiers. Implemented calibration and measurement of impedance formulas using the C library with complex numbers.
- Developed firmware for LDMOS Gallium Nitride (GaN) amplifier controllers used in amplifiers with power outputs of 500 watts and 1 kilowatt.
- Implemented master-slave Modbus communication protocol and completed on-site commissioning at customer premises.
- Collaborated with a team to develop firmware for telecommunications network jammers using GNU Radio and Python for searching active telecommunications airwaves. The analyzed data was fed to power amplifiers to jam airwaves.
Senior Firmware Engineer
Vedang Advanced Radio Electronic Systems
- Developed a data acquisition and configuration system for digital repeaters to control devices using GSM-based SMS HTTP. Implemented over-the-air (OTA) update in STM32 microcontroller unit (MCU). Installed 1,500 units across India for Idea Cellular.
- Acted as a system integrator and developer for software-defined radio (SDR). Developed firmware for TCXO clock synchronization between radios located 10-15 miles apart. Helped the FPGA team implement optimized control logic in Simulink and Verilog.
- Developed a wristwatch to monitor the vital parameters of persons infected with COVID-19. This multi-technology communication wristwatch sends data on temperature, SpO2, RR, HR, and PI to the cloud server via WiFi, BLE, and GSM.
- Retuned obsolete analog repeaters from different makes. Created a code with serial peripheral interface phase-locked loop (SPI PLL) for STC8051 controller and peripheral interface controller (PIC) programmed to perform in retuned frequencies.
Embedded Software Engineer
- Contributed to a Raspberry Pi-based queue management system with tokens designed for customers arriving at a railway ticketing counter. The PyQt-based software included a display of current and following tokens.
- Created a printed circuit board (PCB) schematic and layout using Eagle software.
- Worked actively on a Raspberry Pi-based data acquisition system running DSLinks provided by DGLogik to connect to a remote server and upload I/O status using a 4G modem.
- Developed a GPS oscillation monitoring system to monitor railway track quality using an accelerometer for identifying bad sections of the track and providing an exact location to the operator.
- Worked on the analog output of the accelerometer, filtered with Butterworth low pass filter IC and sampled at 100Hz with an SPI-based 16-bit analog to digital converter.
- Deployed 40 systems for Indian railways across many regions and are still operational today.
Embedded Software Engineer
- Built a safe load indicator (SLI) system to monitor the weight lifted by tower cranes and other physical movement parameters. The system logged operational data online and used nRF24L01 wireless module to send the data to a remote desktop UI.
- Developed a man lift controller to control the movement of a man lift. The embedded software received input from an analog joystick and drove solenoids accordingly through a microcontroller using pulse-width modulation (PWM) signals.
- Worked actively on a data acquisition (DAQ) system to monitor various analog and digital system parameters and log data at regular intervals to the cloud using the HTTP protocol.
Embedded Hardware and Software for RFID Hotel Locks
The development included R&D, POC, and final phases. The R&D involved finding appropriate hardware and software support, the POC phase involved developing 1st boards and basic operational software, and the final phase involved the production of hardware and software for all functionality and specification requirements.
Deliverables included five sets of reception and door lock hardware, an interface document, sample code for the reception card reader, PCB schematics, Gerber files, source code, and binaries.
I developed the architecture and firmware for the basic and final firmware for PN7462 on MCUXpresso IDE. PCB Schematics/Gerbers were developed using Altium Designer Suite of CAD Tools.
While moving from the basic boards to the final miniaturized boards, I had the challenge of tuning the antennas using Vector Network Analyzer (VNA) to get the Smith charts to establish impedance matching for the antenna.
C, Python, Embedded C, C++, Java, C#, Embedded C++, UML, Verilog HDL, Lua, Verilog
Accelerometers, REST APIs, STM32Cube
STM32, Raspberry Pi, Embedded Linux, Raspbian, Arduino, Linux, ARM Linux, Bluetooth LE, AVR
FreeRTOS, GPS, Embedded Systems, Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART), Modbus Protocol, WiFi, Ethernet, Internet of Things (IoT), ESP32, Signal Analysis, Analog, Bluetooth, Wireless Communication, Firmware, Embedded Software, PCB Design, Circuit Board Design, Technical Writing, Embedded Development, IoT Protocols, TCP/IP, WebSockets, Oscilloscopes & Tester Equipment, Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), Wearable Technology, FPGA, Electrical Engineering, Nordic nRF5, API Integration, Wearables, Zynq-7000, Windows CE 7.0, Embedded Operating Systems, Digital Signal Processing, 2G, AT Commands, Load Cells, EEPROM, Xilinx Vivado, Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS), Phase-Locked Loops (PLL), PetaLinux, USB, STM32CubeMX, Peripheral Interface Controller (PIC), LDMOS, Gallium Nitride (GaN) Amplifier, Analog-to-digital Converters (ADC), Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO), Nordic nRF52, HTTP, Firmware over the Air (FOTA), Software-defined Radio (SDR), Agile Transceiver, Linux Programming, Linux Device Driver, Linux Kernel Programming, RFID, MIFARE Classic, Antenna Design, Devices, Gerber AccuMark, Schematics, Yocto, STM32F4
MATLAB, MQTT, LabVIEW, Altium Designer (PCAD), Zephyr, Nextion
Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Master's Degree in Embedded Microelectronics and Wireless Systems
Coventry University - Coventry, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering
Mumbai University - Mumbai, India
Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education - Mumbai, India
Integrated Linux Internals and Advanced Programming Training
LabVIEW Core 1 & Core 2
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring