Verified Expert in Engineering
Keith is an experienced architect, developer, and modeler with superb communication skills and the ability to see a project through from beginning to end. He is equally comfortable with the rapid prototyping needs of startup companies and the Agile development workflow in larger teams.
Atlassian, Jenkins, OS X, IntelliJ, Git
The most amazing...
...learning experience I had early in my career was in a performance benchmark project for a large retailer.
Senior DAM Support Specialist
Fortune 50 Heavy Equipment Manufacturer
- Built and supported the entire software architecture of OpenText Media Manager, the digital asset manager used by the company to store all marketing images and 3D models.
- Developed scripts in Python and PowerShell to provide maintenance reports, such as a daily report to show any files that failed to make it through every step of an automated data flow.
- Led all development meetings as the team's ScrumMaster and Agile expert.
- Leveraged third-party Computer Vision tools (Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services) for recognizing faces and other objects in image assets.
- Prototyped web applications using Node.js with Angular 2+ or React.
- Taught junior developers the concepts behind front-end and back-end development, including work in Node.js, React, Angular, and Jest.
- Researched video delivery using HTTP Live Streaming for an e-learning project. Set up a Node.js Express server that served up static video segments and set up the proper mime types. Used Apple tools to break up videos into segments.
Lead Web Developer
- Remotely led a small team of API developers based in Chicago. Promoted Agile patterns, including team-driven processes.
- Used Node.js to communicate with existing web services and AWS RedShift data warehouse.
- Documented all systems and processes in the company's Confluence-based wiki.
- Started and maintained company initiative of using TeamCity CI for CI and CD.
- Trained and mentored junior developers in all aspects of full-stack development, including unit testing, end-to-end testing using Protractor, automation, coding conventions, design patterns, fundamental theory, and performance load testing.
- Maintained a Docker image for automated end-to-end testing in a browser.
- Developed queries in MongoDB for user data and geographical data. Used 2dsphere indexes for geographical data. Leveraged aggregation operations for complex data problems.
Web Development Contractor
- Built a new visual graphics editor using AngularJS and Grails.
- Reverse-engineered an account management system into a new Grails web app with an Ext JS front end.
- Independently created a new CMS web application in Grails and refactored an existing JSF web application to use the CMS.
- Worked in rapid development cycles with a cross-location team.
- Converted a desktop-only website to a mobile single-page application using AngularJS.
Manager, Web Development
Merrill Communications, LLC
- Managed a large (30+) development group for the DataSite web application, a leading virtual deal room provider.
- Maintained and supported DataSite 6 while keeping as many developers focused on DataSite 7 as possible.
- Enabled the team to lead themselves by employing managerial techniques influenced by Scrum and Kanban.
- Led data clean-up and migration efforts for all data in the Oracle RDBMS.
- Reviewed and created technical designs in Confluence and Gliffy.
- Administered the Jira project, including custom workflows and fields.
- Created and managed all ISO 27001 controls for development.
- Provided development direction with a focus on security and performance.
Technical Lead, Web Development
Merrill Communications, LLC
- Designed and architected all development projects.
- Led the project to internationalize a large web application, leveraging Struts and Ext JS.
- Designed a data model, data migration plan, and login experience for single sign-on.
- Facilitated project management with a remote UK translation team and prioritized development tasks.
- Created development processes and documentation for IT general controls: SOX compliance and ISO 27001 compliance.
- Administered all document sharing, collaboration, and bug tracking within Microsoft SharePoint.
Web Development Consultant
Talent Software Services
- Made web services and service calls using SOAP and Apache Axis.
- Designed a process for migrating all Oracle data to Unicode UTF-8.
- Worked within a support rotation shift, where each developer would spend one week as the primary contact for production issues raised by customer support.
- Rapidly implemented J2EE solutions within short development cycles.
Web Development Consultant
- Maintained and enhanced an integrated USPS HR software system using Oracle and J2EE technology.
- Became the team expert in J2EE, web services, MQ messaging, and Java Struts in a very short time while having little to no previous experience in each technology.
- Augmented a J2EE web application that used Struts MVC and SOAP web services.
- Repaired and modified a messaging system that used MQ Series and XML messages.
- Fielded direct calls from clients during critical usage periods.
- Worked up from entry-level developing to leading a small sized (2-3 person) development group.
- Built an integrated retail software system, RIB, using Oracle and J2EE technology.
- Created user interfaces in RMS using Oracle Forms Developer 6i.
- Integrated large retail applications using services and XML messaging.
- Performance tuned code for high-volume databases using analysis tools such as tkprof and statspack.
- Wrote helper scripts and file generators using Korn shell and Perl scripting.
- Provided support and documentation to clients.
Services provided: programming in Grails, J2EE and JQuery, performance monitoring, on-call support, and Oracle database analysis & scripting.
I managed and worked with the development team for DataSite, which required an intense focus on security and performance.
Grails, Spock, Jest, Protractor, Bootstrap, Express.js, Angular, AngularJS, Apache Struts, Ext JS, Spring, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Ruby on Rails (RoR), JUnit, Jasmine
Bitbucket, IntelliJ IDEA, Confluence, Jira, GitHub, Trello, Subversion (SVN), Git, Eclipse IDE, Apache Tomcat, Servlet, Oracle Forms, IntelliJ, Jenkins, Atlassian
MEAN Stack, Scrum, REST, Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Responsive Web Design (RWD), Kanban, Microservices
Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, MacOS, Windows, Docker, Jakarta EE, OS X
Databases, MongoDB, Oracle PL/SQL, NoSQL, JSON, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB
APIs, Prototyping, Front-end Development, Front-end, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Data Modeling, Ajax, Single-page Applications (SPA), SOAP, HTTP, Streaming, Mobile Web
REST APIs, React, Node.js, jQuery, Antd
Bachelor's (with Honors) Degree in Computer Science (minor: Speech/Communications)
University of Minnesota Institute of Technology - Minneapolis, MN