- Web Developer2015 - PRESENTShopperTrak
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB
- Used Node.JS to communicate with existing Java services.
- Updated existing Grails applications.
- Web Development Contractor2012 - 2014Lifetouch
Technologies: Groovy/Grails, AngularJS, extJS, jQuery, Oracle
- Built a new visual graphics editor using AngularJS and Grails.
- Reverse-engineered an account management system into a new Grails web app with an extJS front-end.
- Independently created a new CMS web application in Grails and refactored an existing JSF web application to use the CMS.
- Worked in rapid development cycles with a cross-location team.
- Converted a desktop-only website to a mobile single-page application using AngularJS.
- Manager, Web Development2008 - 2011Merrill Communications LLC
Technologies: Java, Struts, Spring, Tomcat, Oracle, REST
- Managed a large sized (30+) development group for the DataSite web application, a leading virtual deal room provider.
- Maintained and supported DataSite 6 while keeping as many developers focused on DataSite 7 as possible.
- As Agile Lead (Scrum, Kanban), enabled the team to lead themselves.
- Led data clean-up and migration efforts for all data in the Oracle RDBMS.
- Reviewed and created technical designs in Confluence and Gliffy.
- Administered the Jira project, including custom workflows and fields.
- Created and managed all ISO 27001 controls for development.
- Provided development direction with a focus on security and performance.
- Technical Lead, Web Development2007 - 2008Merrill Communications LLC
- Designed and architected all development projects.
- Led the project to internationalize a large web application, leveraging Struts and extJS.
- Designed a data model, data migration plan, and login experience for Single Sign-on.
- Facilitated project management with a remote UK translation team and prioritized development tasks.
- Created Development Processes and Documentation for IT General Controls: SOX Compliance and ISO 27001 Compliance.
- Administered all document sharing, collaboration, and bug tracking within Microsoft SharePoint.
- Web Development Consultant2005 - 2007Talent Software Services
- Made web services and service calls using SOAP and Apache Axis.
- Designed a process for migrating all Oracle data to Unicode UTF-8.
- Worked within a support rotation shift, where each developer would spend one week as the primary contact for production issues raised by Customer Support.
- Rapidly implemented J2EE solutions within short development cycles.
- Web Development Consultant2004 - 2005Northrop Grumman
Technologies: Oracle Forms, Oracle PL/SQL, J2EE, Struts, SOAP
- Maintained and enhanced an integrated USPS HR software system using Oracle and J2EE technology.
- Became the team expert in J2EE, web services, MQ messaging, and Java Struts in a very short time while having little to no previous experience in each technology.
- Augmented a J2EE web application that used Struts MVC and SOAP web services.
- Repaired and modified a messaging system that used MQ Series and XML messages.
- Fielded direct calls from clients during critical usage periods.
- Web Developer2000 - 2004Retek
Technologies: Oracle, Oracle Forms, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Pro*C
- Worked up from entry-level developing to leading a small sized (2-3 person) development group.
- Built an integrated retail software system, RIB, using Oracle and J2EE technology.
- Created user interfaces in RMS using Oracle Forms Developer 6i.
- Integrated large retail applications using services and XML messaging.
- Performance tuned code for high-volume databases using analysis tools such as tkprof and statspack.
- Wrote helper scripts and file generators using Korn shell and Perl scripting.
- Provided support and documentation to clients.