Senior DAM Support Specialist2018 - PRESENTFortune 50 Heavy Equipment Manufacturer
Technologies: Oracle, Python, Java
- Built and supported the entire software architecture of OpenText Media Manager, the digital asset manager used by the company to store all marketing images and 3D models.
- Developed scripts in Python and PowerShell to provide maintenance reports, such as a daily report to show any files that failed to make it through every step of an automated data flow.
- Led all development meetings as the team's ScrumMaster and Agile expert.
- Leveraged third-party Computer Vision tools (Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services) for recognizing faces and other objects in image assets.
Freelance Developer2017 - PRESENTYukon Solutions
Technologies: Streaming, HTTP, React, Angular, Node.js
- Prototyped web applications using Node.js with Angular 2+ or React.
- Taught junior developers the concepts behind front-end and back-end development, including work in Node.js, React, Angular, and Jest.
- Researched video delivery using HTTP Live Streaming for an e-learning project. Set up a Node.js Express server that served up static video segments and set up the proper mime types. Used Apple tools to break up videos into segments.
Lead Web Developer2015 - 2017ShopperTrak
Technologies: MongoDB, Node.js
- Remotely led a small team of API developers based in Chicago. Promoted Agile patterns, including team-driven processes.
- Used Node.js to communicate with existing web services and AWS RedShift data warehouse.
- Documented all systems and processes in the company's Confluence-based wiki.
- Started and maintained company initiative of using TeamCity CI for CI and CD.
- Trained and mentored junior developers in all aspects of full-stack development, including unit testing, end-to-end testing using Protractor, automation, coding conventions, design patterns, fundamental theory, and performance load testing.
- Maintained a Docker image for automated end-to-end testing in a browser.
- Developed queries in MongoDB for user data and geographical data. Used 2dsphere indexes for geographical data. Leveraged aggregation operations for complex data problems.
Web Development Contractor2012 - 2014Lifetouch
Technologies: Oracle, jQuery, Ext JS, AngularJS, Grails, Groovy
- Built a new visual graphics editor using AngularJS and Grails.
- Reverse-engineered an account management system into a new Grails web app with an Ext JS front end.
- Independently created a new CMS web application in Grails and refactored an existing JSF web application to use the CMS.
- Worked in rapid development cycles with a cross-location team.
- Converted a desktop-only website to a mobile single-page application using AngularJS.
Manager, Web Development2008 - 2011Merrill Communications, LLC
Technologies: REST, Oracle, Apache Tomcat, Spring, Apache Struts, Java
- Managed a large (30+) development group for the DataSite web application, a leading virtual deal room provider.
- Maintained and supported DataSite 6 while keeping as many developers focused on DataSite 7 as possible.
- Enabled the team to lead themselves by employing managerial techniques influenced by Scrum and Kanban.
- Led data clean-up and migration efforts for all data in the Oracle RDBMS.
- Reviewed and created technical designs in Confluence and Gliffy.
- Administered the Jira project, including custom workflows and fields.
- Created and managed all ISO 27001 controls for development.
- Provided development direction with a focus on security and performance.
Technical Lead, Web Development2007 - 2008Merrill Communications, LLC
- Designed and architected all development projects.
- Led the project to internationalize a large web application, leveraging Struts and Ext JS.
- Designed a data model, data migration plan, and login experience for single sign-on.
- Facilitated project management with a remote UK translation team and prioritized development tasks.
- Created development processes and documentation for IT general controls: SOX compliance and ISO 27001 compliance.
- Administered all document sharing, collaboration, and bug tracking within Microsoft SharePoint.
Web Development Consultant2005 - 2007Talent Software Services
- Made web services and service calls using SOAP and Apache Axis.
- Designed a process for migrating all Oracle data to Unicode UTF-8.
- Worked within a support rotation shift, where each developer would spend one week as the primary contact for production issues raised by customer support.
- Rapidly implemented J2EE solutions within short development cycles.
Web Development Consultant2004 - 2005Northrop Grumman
Technologies: SOAP, Apache Struts, Jakarta EE, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Forms
- Maintained and enhanced an integrated USPS HR software system using Oracle and J2EE technology.
- Became the team expert in J2EE, web services, MQ messaging, and Java Struts in a very short time while having little to no previous experience in each technology.
- Augmented a J2EE web application that used Struts MVC and SOAP web services.
- Repaired and modified a messaging system that used MQ Series and XML messages.
- Fielded direct calls from clients during critical usage periods.
Web Developer2000 - 2004Retek
Technologies: Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle
- Worked up from entry-level developing to leading a small sized (2-3 person) development group.
- Built an integrated retail software system, RIB, using Oracle and J2EE technology.
- Created user interfaces in RMS using Oracle Forms Developer 6i.
- Integrated large retail applications using services and XML messaging.
- Performance tuned code for high-volume databases using analysis tools such as tkprof and statspack.
- Wrote helper scripts and file generators using Korn shell and Perl scripting.
- Provided support and documentation to clients.