Verified Expert in Engineering
Blockchain and Software Developer
Ken is a software engineer specializing in distributed systems and Web3 technologies. He's launched multiple Ethereum Mainnet contracts, assisted with over 20 blockchain patent applications, created an NFT, and delivered MVPs. His experience includes Web2 back-end services, data analysis, and work on multimillion-dollar projects. Ken enjoys system design and is adept at creating technical solutions around business use cases.
Python, Solidity, Java, Rust, Blockchain, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...project I've led has been an architectural refactor of a major eCommerce service that generates over $7 million in monthly revenue.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed open-source secure-by-default smart contract libraries. Conducted due diligence and guided strategic vision on open source infrastructure projects.
- Conducted due diligence and guided the strategic vision of open-source infrastructure projects.
- Oversaw the launch of several high-profile integration projects, working with a globally distributed team.
Software Development Engineer II
- Automated a complex financial accounting workflow, which resulted in streamlining over one million transactions/month that previously needed manual intervention to resolve.
- Led an infrastructure migration of legacy service to modern AWS architecture utilizing Lambda, AWS CDK, S3, API Gateway, and more.
- Implemented a global filter to improve recommendations on the retail website.
San Diego Supercomputer Center
- Published and created a framework for healthcare off-chain blockchain storage.
- Developed an MVP for combating health care fraud and abuse for medical claims.
- Organized blockchain events and conferences around blockchain education and exploratory blockchain research.
- Developed an MVP application to integrate into payment processors and track financial statements on-chain and automate the generation of regulatory filings.
- Oversaw and led the development of a decentralized and distributed team across four different time zones to build a full-stack application.
- Created documentation, visualizations, and business material, which helped raise a seed round of funding to build out the product's first iteration.
Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton
- Assisted on over 30 software and blockchain-related patent applications.
- Automated the patent prosecution response process by creating scripts to create template documents based upon examiner responses.
- Helped analyze and drive the adoption of software platforms for attorneys and staff to disseminate information more efficiently.
Software Development Consultant
- Optimized gas costs for a complex multi-layer smart contract replacing solidity code with in-line assembly.
- Improved test coverage for the smart contract to 100% for the projects' smart contracts and helped prepare audit documentation.
- Helped create and upgradable contract system through a proxy contract system.
Human Keratinocytes Genome Database
Healthcare Insurance Fraud and Detection POChttps://github.com/sdsc-blocklab/Medicare-Claim-Verification
This was published in a paper in the JMIR: https://www.jmir.org/2020/9/e18623/
Healthcare Off-Chain Database Systemshttps://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0306457321000431
Blockchain, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ethereum, AWS Lambda, Hyperledger, Webflow
Ethers.js, System Design, Smart Contracts, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Hardhat, Networks, Technical Writing, Legal Technology (Legaltech), Legal Counsel, Global Project Management
Node.js, Web3.js, React
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of California San Diego - San Diego, California, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring