Ruby on Rails Developer2022 - 2023Colorado State Government - Colorado General Assembly - Legislative Branch
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), PostgreSQL, Devise, Turbo, Stimulus, Tailwind CSS, Pundit
- Developed an app that allows the general public to book tours for the Colorado General Assembly using Ruby on Rails.
- Allowed Colorado General Assembly admins to manage allowed booking times and assign tour guides to visitors.
- Used Pundit to allow different users to access different parts of the application.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2021 - 2022Spikerbooking
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, MUI (Material UI), Elasticsearch, Cloudinary, PostgreSQL, CircleCI, Git, GitHub, Trello, Agile, Zeplin, Heroku, SQL, Front-end, UI Design
- Developed a cloud-based music artist and venue-matching platform for artists and bands to find a place to play music.
- Created a back-end Ruby on Rails API with a PostgreSQL database.
- Built a React front end from Zeplin designs and integrated it with the back-end RESTful API.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2020 - 2021Owens Corning
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, SQL, Front-end
- Created reusable React components and integrated them with the Ruby on Rails website.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Modified back-end Ruby on Rails APIs with the required database and data migrations.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2021Max Plank
Technologies: Node.js, Express.js, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, Atlas, React, CircleCI, Git, GitHub, Galaxy, Meteor, Front-end
- Developed and delivered a full-stack website for a game, supporting a research project.
- Worked on four other in-house projects that involved back- and front-end development.
- Implemented social-media authentication for sites like Facebook and Google.
- Deployed the Meteor full-stack application to Galaxy.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained a MongoDB cluster on Atlas.
Senior Front-end Engineer2020 - 2020Trendhim
- Migrated the old website from Vanilla JS to React.
- Built a flexible, customizable UI library for the new website.
- Provided React training sessions to internal front-end and non-React engineers.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2018 - 2019Bosta
- Built the customized front-end Angular components and deeply refactored the codebase.
- Connected Bosta's back-end service to external third-party APIs, such as Pipedrive, for the sales team.
- Created the CI/CD pipelines in CircleCI and incorporated continuous delivery practices in our team.
- Led a team of eight software engineers to design and develop back-end services that support our complex logistics and operations, using Meteor, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, and Mongoose with TypeScript and unit testing, using Jest.
- Oversaw the development of new refactored versions of our front-end React websites and the native Android mobile application.
iOS Developer2017 - 2018Itihad Club (Inova, LLC)
Technologies: Firebase, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Swift
- Developed a portal for club members to access the club's different activities.
- Enabled members to view and reserve club trips, sports training sessions, and other activities; they receive push notifications for the activities they've joined.
- Implemented the ability for users to subscribe to different news feeds and receive live news for the club.
- Built a club gallery and a YouTube live stream channel.
- Created the back end in Ruby on Rails and used Firebase to send push notifications.
Software Projects Lead2017 - 2018Inova
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Agile Project Management, Scrum, Team Leadership
- Led a team of software engineers to create the required client projects.
- Designed the back-end APIs using Ruby on Rails to support the mobile applications.
- Communicated with the company clients and delivered the required software on time.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017ADC
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, UI Design
- Analyzed the original work of the office, which included a lot of paperwork and spreadsheets.
- Designed a system that substituted all the needed paperwork and significantly increased efficiency. Previously, a typical day's work would take more than 35 man-hours. Now, it takes about ten.
- Implemented the system gradually and trained the staff to use it while making it backward-compatible by automatically generating all the previous spreadsheets.
Ruby on Rails Developer2015 - 2016RRP
Technologies: Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Designed and implemented a customer relationship management system that helped maintain and track the expanding customer base.
- Implemented a call management feature in the system that helped the staff keep track of calls for key customers and give comments on these calls.
- Developed data visualization features, such as maps showing customer concentrations and graphs of different customer segments.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Webalo
- Implemented the data encryption between the back end server and the user admin panel.
- Developed the back-end functionality to infer the data model from a RESTful service such as JSON or XML.
- Created a mobile application from the provided data using our mobilization system.
Software Engineering Intern2014 - 2014Lynks
- Developed a system that queries and scrapes data from multiple shopping websites, processes them, then adds them to our back-end model to be viewed on our website.
- Installed Rspec, a testing framework in Rails, to test the currently implemented system.
- Implemented different Ruby on Rails features for the website.