Senior Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTAssurance IQ
Technologies: Looker, Tableau, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon SQS, AWS DynamoDB, AWS S3, Python 3, PyCharm, Python, React, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Flask, HTML, CSS, AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Full-stack, APIs, Serverless, Architecture, Back-end, Redux, TypeScript, SQL, PostgreSQL, Serverless Architecture, Material-UI, UI, NoSQL, Microservices, Web UI, Databases, UI Development, RDBMS, RESTful Development, RESTful APIs, CSS3, HTML5, Front-end, Integration, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian, Python API, Software, Software Development, REST APIs, Mac OS, Linux, Java 8, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Requirements, Node.js, A/B Testing
- Enhanced the dialing capability at Assurance by creating an audio fingerprinting algorithm, which resulted in detecting a unique human voice with 94% accuracy.
- Created a scalable phone number management service with AWS lambda, which smartly provisioned phone numbers to improve our call pickup rates. This boosted our pickup rate from 3.5% to 12%.
- Delivered end to end call routing logic to create a special telephony workflow for medicare customers, increasing our policy sales by an average of $80,000/month.
Software Development Consultant2021 - 2021Moka
- Automated Moka's cash transfer process to facilitate weekly deposits/withdrawals. For every run, the workflow processed around 100,000 transactions amounting to $3 million. Used AWS CloudWatch for the trigger and processed transactions with AWS ECS.
- Created an admin dashboard for Moka's financial ops team to track the state of transfers in real time. The dashboard was built in HTML5 with jQuery. The real-time updates were processed over web sockets. The state was persisted in Redis.
- Solved duplicate/missing deposits problem at Moka by making transactions idempotent which allowed skipping duplicates and replaying missing events. Used Redis as the persistence layer for the idempotency key.
SDE II2015 - 2019Amazon LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Amplify, AWS S3, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), AWS Step Functions, AWS, React, IDEA IDE, Java 8, HTML, CSS, AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Full-stack, APIs, Serverless, Architecture, Back-end, Redux, TypeScript, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Serverless Architecture, Material-UI, UI, NoSQL, Microservices, Web UI, jQuery, Databases, UI Development, Spring, eCommerce, RDBMS, RESTful Development, RESTful APIs, CSS3, HTML5, Front-end, Amazon Athena, Integration, Software, Software Development, REST APIs, Mac OS, Linux, Requirements, A/B Testing
- Created a reliable and flexible picking algorithm for Amazon's third-party vendor warehouses. It helped associates pick items with high accuracy and minimal collisions. Compared to the manual picking process, it lifted associate efficiency by 20%.
- Developed an efficient inbound platform for Amazon's print on demand business, which helped onboard thousands of sellers worldwide in its first week of launch.
- Implemented a driver transparency project that focused on evaluating deliveries, offering insights, and incentivizing top performers at Amazon's last-mile technology division. This resulted in reducing the delivery defects by 60%.
Senior System Engineer2010 - 2013Infosys Ltd
- Schematized the Java Drools rule engine for constructing logic to help bucketize the corporate customers. With the rule engine in place, we able to detect the customer type in less than a second. (Westpac Bank).
- Created automated alarms around certain key metrics for the bank to ensure 100% uptime. Coordinated with onshore/offshore teams to improve accountability and ownership.
- Automated their shipping platform to asynchronously communicate with the inventory platform. This helped reduce the manual workaround resolving physical/virtual inventory mismatch. (Gap Inc).