Verified Expert in Engineering
Kushagra is a result-oriented software engineer with over eight years of experience writing scalable solutions to solve real-world problems. He's strong in systems design with a keen focus on building reusable artifacts. Kushagra works best in fast-paced environments and has a solid reputation for delivering projects with high accuracy.
Looker, Tableau, Teams, Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IDEA IDE, PyCharm, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was an audio fingerprinting algorithm, which resulted in our software determining a unique human voice with 94% accuracy.
Lead Software Engineer
- Led the third-party integrations team at Fabric. Worked on the architecture and built reusable tools necessary to allow external software engineers to write the integrations for us.
- Wrote the merchant onboarding experience in React to allow configure their existing integrations.
- Led and continue to lead the inventory management team at Fabric. Part of my responsibility is to groom mid-level engineers, review code, create a roadmap, design and write microservices, and work with leadership to achieve key metrics.
Software Development Consultant
- Automated Moka's cash transfer process to facilitate weekly deposits/withdrawals. For every run, the workflow processed around 100,000 transactions amounting to $3 million. Used AWS CloudWatch for the trigger and processed transactions with AWS ECS.
- Created an admin dashboard for Moka's financial ops team to track the state of transfers in real time. The dashboard was built in HTML5 with jQuery. The real-time updates were processed over web sockets. The state was persisted in Redis.
- Solved duplicate/missing deposits problem at Moka by making transactions idempotent which allowed skipping duplicates and replaying missing events. Used Redis as the persistence layer for the idempotency key.
Senior Software Engineer
- Enhanced the dialing capability at Assurance by creating an audio fingerprinting algorithm, which resulted in detecting a unique human voice with 94% accuracy.
- Created a scalable phone number management service with AWS Lambda, which smartly provisioned phone numbers to improve our call pickup rates. This also boosted our pickup rate from 3.5% to 12%.
- Delivered end-to-end call routing logic to create a special telephony workflow for medicare customers, increasing our policy sales by an average of $80,000/month.
Software Development Engineer II
- Created a reliable and flexible picking algorithm for Amazon's third-party vendor warehouses. It helped associates pick items with high accuracy and minimal collisions. It lifted associate efficiency by 20% compared to the manual picking process.
- Developed an efficient inbound platform for Amazon's print-on-demand business, which helped onboard thousands of sellers worldwide in its first week of launch.
- Implemented a driver transparency project focused on evaluating deliveries, offering insights, and incentivizing top performers at Amazon's last-mile technology division. This resulted in reducing the delivery defects by 60%.
Senior System Engineer
- Schematized the Java Drools rule engine for constructing logic to help bucketize corporate customers. With the rule engine in place, we can detect the customer type in less than a second. (Westpac Bank).
- Created automated alarms around certain key metrics for the bank to ensure 100% uptime. Coordinated with onshore/offshore teams to improve accountability and ownership.
- Automated their shipping platform to asynchronously communicate with the inventory platform. This helped reduce the manual workaround, resolving physical/virtual inventory mismatch (Gap Inc).
Driver Transparency for Last Mile Deliveries
The first one was the score computation piece, which involved consuming a driver's delivery data in real-time and generating a weighted score relative to the peers.
The second piece of the project was to interpret the score in a human-readable language. For that, I created a React Native app, which focused on driver standings and motivated our driver-partners to work on aspects of the delivery, which will boost their scores.
The third piece of the project was implementing the reward program for top performers and a penalty system for the low performers. I build automated workflows around offboarding the drivers who consistently failed to meet the bar.
The transparency project improved driver efficiency by 60%.
Third-party Integrations for Headless eCommerce
Each orchestration step published events to an event bus, allowing receptor microservices to perform distinct actions.
Redux, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), MUI (Material UI), Bootstrap, Spring, React-Bootstrap, Next.js, React Native, Flask, Express.js, Spring Boot
React, Node.js, API Development, REST APIs, jQuery, Python API, Vue, AWS Amplify
Git, GitHub, PyCharm, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Jira, Atlassian, Amazon Athena, Webpack, Figma, IDEA IDE, Slack, Tableau, Looker, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), AWS Step Functions, AWS Glue, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon CloudWatch, AWS Fargate
E2E Testing, Unit Testing, REST, Serverless Architecture, RESTful Development, Back-end Architecture, Agile, Scrum, Microservices
Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Linux, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Oracle, IBM WebSphere
Full-stack, APIs, CI/CD Pipelines, Serverless, Architecture, Back-end, User Interface (UI), UI Development, Debugging, Front-end, Software, Software Development, Back-end Development, Algorithms, Amazon API Gateway, API Gateways, SaaS, Responsive UI, Web UI, eCommerce, Integration, Fintech, Requirements, A/B Testing, Payment APIs, Front-end Development, Amazon RDS, Full-stack Development, Leadership, Teams, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Software Design, Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Amazon Kinesis, Cloud Architecture, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Amazon DynamoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Databases, Redis, RDBMS, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Arizona State University - Arizona
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Uttar Pradesh technical University - Uttar Pradesh, India