Prototype Engineer2019 - PRESENTOkta (via Toptal)
- Implemented a demonstration prototype of the WebAuthn protocol with support for FIDO2 USB, NFC, and Apple TouchID.
- Built a fully responsive, modern login interface with real-time network traffic display.
- Deployed the prototype using Flask.
Lead Cryptography Engineer2019 - PRESENTTaraxa (via Toptal)
Technologies: Encryption, TLS, Multi-party Computation, Zero-knowledge Proofs, Python
- Implemented a secure channel injection protocol for SMTP connections.
- Utilized multi-party computation for cooperative multi-party TLS record creation through frameworks including FRESCO and EMP-Tool.
- Worked with zero-knowledge proofs for SHA-256 hash and X.509 certificate validation.
- Developed a threaded networking framework for a blind certificate authority protocol.
- Implemented new academic cryptographic research for production-scale deployment.
Technology Specialist2018 - PRESENTTeam Rubicon
Technologies: Satellite Networking, Radio Communications, GPS Tracking, Ad-hoc WiFi Networking
- Was deployed to the Northern Marianas Islands to support disaster recovery operations after Super Typhoon Yutu.
- Traveled to Rockport, TX to support disaster recovery operations after Hurricane Harvey.
- Managed all of the technological systems during deployments, including satellite networking, radio systems, and GPS tracking.
- Supported the development of organization-wide technological systems including membership portals, financial tracking, and emergency communications system preparation.
Director of Information Technology2014 - PRESENTMIT Emergency Medical Services
Technologies: IoT, SaaS, REST API, Django, React, Wireless Communications, Public Safety
- Architected the entire IT infrastructure including a complex website, AWS hosting, stationary and in-vehicle IoT devices, and public safety radio.
- Developed, deployed, and managed a complex website in PHP with user credentials and qualifications enforcement, shift scheduling, automated email list membership, an interactive file library, and an ICS-integrated calendar system.
- Designed and implemented a system for securely transferring and storing protected healthcare records utilizing AES symmetric encryption.
- Developed a system for capturing and logging all public safety radio traffic using C++ and SDR.
- Published an iOS app for in-ambulance use for dispatching and navigation.
- Built electronics prototypes for radio, siren, and emergency lights control.
Lead Engineer2019 - 2019Global Top-tier Strategy Consulting Firm (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Serverless, Amazon Web Services (AWS), REST API, Elasticsearch, Lambda, RDS, S3, EC2
- Developed a RESTful API using the Serverless Framework, Python, and AWS Aurora.
- Designed and implemented the back-end cloud (AWS) architecture for global deployment.
- Configured and maintained an Elasticsearch cluster, integrated with RESTful API via AWS Lambda and API Gateway.
- Planned and implemented all security considerations, including AWS Virtual Private Cloud, Virtual Private Network, and VPS Endpoints.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline, including GitLab, AWS CodePipeline, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy, all integrated with Slack for automatic build/deployment notifications to the development team.
- Developed scripts for automated input data processing, cleaning, and import into a structured relational database.
- Worked with a team of developers including front-end and graphic design specialists.
- Architected a global deployment strategy with multi-region failure redundancy and latency-based routing.
Integration Consultant2018 - 2018INTSITE Ltd.
Technologies: Python, MySQL, MATLAB, C#, XBee
- Designed and prototyped a distributed IoT sensor network using IMUs, GPS, remote cameras, and XBee.
- Developed Python libraries for redundant and encrypted command/information transmission over the distributed network.
- Integrated LTE cellular communications software and hardware with outdoor system deployments.
- Developed Python libraries for image processing and file conversion.
- Created MySQL database structure for distributed sensor datasets.
- Provided guidance on optimal network configuration, including software and hardware.
Research Assistant2014 - 2018MIT Interactive Robotics Group
Technologies: Python, C++, MySQL, Virtual Machines, ROS, Git, PID Controllers, AWS S3
- Developed and tested novel C++ and Python control algorithms for multirotor UAV flight.
- Constructed a custom tactile feedback device and developed the necessary C++ control software.
- Created virtual reality environments for user studies, including scripting in multiple proprietary languages.
- Managed all of the Git services for the research group.
- Collaborated with DARPA (US Department of Defense) on a military research project for multimodal feedback.
Research Assistant2013 - 2014MIT Human Systems Laboratory
Technologies: MATLAB, SolidWorks, Medical ECG & EMG
- Developed C++ and MATLAB algorithms for processing electrocardiogram (ECG) and electromyography (EMG) data for astronauts and other users in microgravity.
- Supported development of MATLAB software for solar flux predictions on orbital bodies.
- Produced CAD models of environmental control and life support systems for spacecraft.
- Engineered emergency shelters for astronauts on the lunar surface.
Research Assistant2011 - 2013UBC Robotics and Control Laboratory
Technologies: C++, MATLAB, OpenCV, MySQL, Medical Ultrasound
- Designed and implemented a novel ultrasound imaging algorithm in C++.
- Wrote acoustic data processing algorithms in C++ and MATLAB.
- Developed image processing algorithms using MATLAB and OpenCV.
- Created statistical analysis scripts for large acoustic and image datasets.