Senior React/Redux Developer2020 - 2021Chegg (contract via Toptal)
- Onboarded and consolidated multiple front-end apps under the same mono repository. These apps are different brandings for the same product built with variations in features, themes, layouts, and more.
- Maintained the monorepo to onboard new features and support for A/B testing, accessibility, and advertisement. Successfully launched integrations with third-party feature tests for pricing across multiple apps.
- Assisted in releases of monorepo apps and troubleshot pipeline bottlenecks.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2019EagleView Technologies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Zoom, Slack, API Integration, REST, Visual Studio Code, Docker, OAuth 2, Agile Software Development, Python, Node.js, Git, SendGrid API, Okta, Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, .NET 4, ASP.NET, C#, AWS
- Developed a suite of applications on AWS for a key component in the workflow to onboard a new product resulting in a successful launch.
- Integrated with Okta API for eCommerce applications and oversaw development across the team with quality control, resulting in security control across these applications.
- Integrated with SendGrid API for eCommerce applications, resulting in the successful migration of billing infrastructure to a Cloud solution.
- Supported production releases and fixed bugs.
Web Development Engineer2017 - 2018EagleView Technologies
- Upgraded to Bing Map API version 8 from a to-be-deprecated old version of an eCommerce ordering application.
- Developed and integrated with new micro-services as a key component for an eCommerce legacy system, resulting in the successful launch of the first new micro-services.
- Maintained eCommerce applications for new features.
Web Developer II2013 - 2017Big Fish Games
- Developed REST APIs for game platform micro-services to manage user profile and game-play information.
- Developed internal tools to manage assets and data integrated with game platform micro-services. Refactored code base for re-usable components.
- Developed internal tools to manage user game-play data, resulting in just-in-time bug fixes for the client.
- Developed a web application for a hybrid mobile client with new features and version updates.
- Mitigated performance issues in large data set in relational databases.
Front-end Developer2012 - 2013Utrip, Inc.
- Developed a server proxy for the main website with new features.
- Designed the UI, UX, and developed the front-end interface to support the launch of new market campaigns.
- Participated in product feature and road-map discussions to shape the future of the company product, resulting in idea adoption and the successful launch of new product features.
Freelance Web Developer2010 - 2012Self-employed
- Developed a portal website for a media production and publishing startup.
- Developed a full suite of advertisement applications for a media publishing company.
- Developed a personal portfolio website for a photographer.
- Developed and oversaw the release of an online auction website for vacation rentals.
- Developed and customized web applications for various clients.
Senior PHP Engineer2007 - 2009FullSIX Groupe
- Developed the customization of Joomla CMS for client websites, mainly in the entertainment and fashion industry.
- Participated in design meetings with the team for technical assessment.
- Documented technologies and shared knowledge in a company Wiki website.
IT Manager2006 - 2007Globus Wine Trading, Co.
- Provided IT support for office workstations, hardware, and software to ensure office supplies and equipment were in excellent working condition.
- Managed company network and server infrastructure to ensure everything was in excellent working condition.
- Developed the company website for newsletter subscription and publishing, resulting in the successful launch of advertisement and marketing campaigns.
- Participated in company events at client sites and public venues to promote company products.
System Engineer2005 - 2006Deloitte Touche Tomatsu China
Technologies: Microsoft 365, Windows Server
- Supported IT-related assistance and troubleshooting for internal clients to ensure workstations were in good working condition.
- Implemented and tested pre-flight system updates and upgrades.
- Administered IT office supplies with third-party vendors.
Sales Engineer2004 - 2005TopCMM Software, Corp.
Technologies: Java, Flash, PHP
- Provided customer support before and after a sale, resulting in new high customer satisfaction.
- Integrated the product into the client system to provide technical support for product installation and troubleshooting.
- Tested new product development and upgraded the client system for new features to assure product quality and maintain long-term support for existing clients.