Verified Expert in Engineering
Cloud Solution Architect and Developer
Luis is a cloud solutions architect for Azure, AWS, and GCP platforms. He's keen on providing IT solutions focused on software development in DevOps adoption, agile development, systems and platform integration, process automation, business development and optimization, and algorithm analysis. Luis is passionate about designing and creating solutions to spread knowledge to new generations and also learning from them: There's always a solution, an answer, and an infinite possibility to innovate.
Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Terraform, Azure DevOps
The most amazing...
...on-prem data center migration to Azure I've done included a governance model for cloud operations and automation collaboration design, plan, and execution.
- Planned and executed the migration of over 1500 on-premises servers and 100+ applications with different approaches such as lift and shift, replatform, rearchitecture, and rebuild.
- Consulted, designed, and performed migrations from client-server legacy desktops to microservices and serverless applications. The infrastructure is built and updated with CI/CD pipelines.
- Reduced total CapEx and moved to OpEx from the on-prem data center to the Azure cloud. Enhanced security via hardened VM images, firewall rules, NSG, and framework best practices. Reduced latency for end users.
Cloud Architect Consultant
- Worked on the cloud migration of a .NET legacy system for food industry automation. Performed cloud infrastructure and solution design and architecture, cloud resources configuration, and cloud security assessment.
- Built the PoC for a .NET legacy application on Windows Forms and WebForms for AAD B2C integration.
- Enhanced security over communication channels for HTTP and TCP. Integrated authentication with AAD B2C using OpenID.
Cloud Architect Advisor
Colbun (via Spinup)
- Worked on cloud migration of SCADA systems in the electricity production industry to reduce CapEx, enable scaling, and reduce operational maintenance of servers with microservices.
- Provided guidance for cloud governance, migration processes, development/testing and production environment definition, infrastructure as code and provisioning, CI/CD processes, and pipelines setup for microservices deployment automation.
- Delivered flawless deployment and integration between testing and production environments. Reduced latency and network costs by refactoring VNet design and VPN setup.
- Optimized performance of microservices tasks by using autoscaling on nodes and containers. Reduced analytics platform costs by US $100,000/year.
Cloud Architect Consultant
- Worked on a cloud-native big data analytics solution for the mining and construction vehicle industry. Performed cloud design and architecture for different application microservices integration for data engineering process implementation.
- Designed and worked in implementing the CI/CD automation process using Azure DevOps, pipelines as code (YAML), and templates to apply DRY principles.
- Conceived the strategy and implemented the automation process for CI/CD of infrastructure as code and microservices deployment with autoscaling to process data ingestion from telemetry worldwide massively.
Cloud Architect Consultant
- Worked on IBM cloud to Azure migration and modernization by containerizing all components for the back end and management platform, moving applications written in Java from regular application servers to Docker containers using a swarming approach.
- Migrated a MongoDB cluster from a replica cluster to a container replica cluster. Enhanced security by applying WAF and NSG. Handled IaC for cloud infrastructure provisioning through IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Performed technical assessment of development teams regarding back-end cloud-based components. I also led teams of DevOps engineers using Azure DevOps to automate end-to-end processes from development, testing, deployment, and end-user consumption.
- Worked under the guidance and leadership of the delivery manager, ensuring technical quality and architectural alignment while providing technology solutions that meet functional requirements.
- Built and worked on enterprise-grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack as part of an agile development team. Provided technical and team leadership through coaching and mentoring.
- Slashed the cost of software licenses for development and QA environments up to 100% (sometimes from US $50,000 to $0). Reduced development time by 90% through implementing industry best practices, coding standards, and TDD.
- Improved the overall efficiency of the IT team by 100% while adopting Scrum Agile with distributed teams. Reduced applications' latency by up to 90% by redesigning the architecture of the back end with SOA in the cloud.
- Increased readability of documentation by applying SOLID principles and code documentation standards. Reduced design and analysis time in half by introducing a 4+1 view model.
- Redesigned the level 2 system core architecture on Windows Services from .NET Remoting to WCF, and a parallel project using the NoSQL database for data sharing between systems.
- Led and monitored a software development team for level 2 services and web reporting systems. Advised, coached, and tutored team members to achieve project goals.
- Designed and coded user controls, libraries, and screens for HMIs to allow visual understanding of electric furnaces for the steel industry using C# and VB.NET. Developed tools and applications to customize and accelerate HMI's coding.
Cloud Migration and Automation
Cloud Governance and Self-serving Initiative
I was part of a solution and enterprise architecture board in charge of designing a new governance model to enable several key teams to reach the goal of having entire autonomous product development teams: self-serving their infrastructure, aligning their technical skills and working toward the best practice framework, complying with cloud architecture, building a zero trust security model, and fully automating processes.
Data Center Migration to Azure Cloud
All cloud resources were treated as IaC using Terraform and Azure DevOps. All the applications that could be modernized with the least effort (mostly those written in C# and Python) were converted to cloud-ready and some to cloud-native services and were deployed and maintained using ADO CI/CD pipelines.
Terraform, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Key Vault, Azure Virtual Network Gateway, Shell, Rundeck, Azure Application Gateway, Kong, Ansible
Azure DevOps, DevOps, Automation, Role-based Access Control (RBAC), Microservices, Event-driven Architecture, API/Services Architecture
Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Windows Server, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle
Azure Blobs, MySQLdb, Microsoft SQL Server
Solution Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Azure Landing Zones, CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Azure Virtual Networks, System Administration, Infrastructure, Containerization, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure Virtual Machines, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Software Development, Agile Practices, IT Automation, Monitoring, Networking, Windows Services, API Management
C#, Python, YAML, Bash Script
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
ITESM Laguna Campus - Torreon, Mexico
Azure Security Engineer Associate
Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert
DevOps Engineer Expert
GCP Professional Cloud Architect
Azure Administrator Associate
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring